Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The problem with surveys

A couple of days ago this news story caught my eye.

bbc.co.uk/news/uk-24635183

Frankly, it made no sense to me at all. How could the residents of Northern Ireland possibly be happier than the rest of us?

Then, a few days later, I read this
bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-29370458

And it immediately became clear: people in Northern Ireland think they are happy but only because they are all spaced out.

Comments

• Options
    My and the boys turned up for a TI meeting on corruption once, there was free drinks - we've no shame and no the irony wasn't lost on us - and the speaker was banging on about a survey of prisoners and apparently the outcome was the majority thought prison officers were corrupt. We sat at the back and didn't point out the bleeding obvious that they had surveyed convicted criminals that may just bear a slight grudge against prison officers...same guy also flashed up a picture of the old valley and told everyone about a charlton match where the floodlights failed as part of a far east betting scam...in the interests of not delaying the free drinks i let him get on with it..
  • Options
    Nothing wrong with a petition or a survey. It's good for the ego!

• Options
    TI?
  • Options
    Stig said:

TI?

Stands for Tedious Information...........