Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

where will I end up?

taking my first trip on the ryan air experience, wonder where I'll end up?

latest landing odds

prague 2/1
dubrovnik 8/4
helsinki evens
rome 1000/1

Comments

• where are you meant to be going?
  • I think he means 16/8
  • Shag said:

I think he means 16/8

I thought that, but then I reckon it might me 64/32.
  • I'm guessing Rome.
  • Macronate said:

where are you meant to be going?

At a guess, Rome.
  • Rome then.
  • I'm guessing you'll miss the flight, because it's not posted up & the bastards will make you pay again (like they did to us on a Dublin trip).
  • If you land in Prague it was an emergency landing, since they don't fly here from the UK. Thank the Lord.
  • Ryanair are brilliant, taxing the stupid so I can fly around Europe cheaply. Long may it continue.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited September 2014
    colthe3rd said:

Ryanair are brilliant, taxing the stupid so I can fly around Europe cheaply. Long may it continue.

You mean like the man at Sandefjord ("Oslo") who could not check in at the automatic machine because they were all out of action? While I on Wizz Air checked in at the counter without any issue, Ryanair charged him £40 for his "stupidity".

• rome. and i got there fairly comfortably. apart from delay going and coming back, which i've experienced with most airlines, i thought they were ok. would give them another go definitely.
  • I hate that silly noise they play on landing.
    It's like they want me to be greatful that I survived the flying experience.

It's the best thing about being delayed with them....you don't have to hear their stupid jingle

• Never understand the venom directed at low cost airlines. They are what they are. As long as you are wise to their cost model and plan accordingly they are fine. I use Easyjet and Ryanair all the time and have an expectation of what the journey will be like. Usually it is fine.

People complain about their food prices etc etc.....simple solution buy something in the terminal before you get on!
  • They've made quite a few changes to their business model over the last year, basically trying to move away from the "we're cheap but we hate our customers image". A bit more lenient in terms of checking size of hand luggage, removed or reduced some of their more unreasonable charges, allocated seating rather than a free for all.

As Clem says, as long as you understand the cost model they're fine. They use the "miles away from your destination" airports because the taxes are so much less - if you can live with that and you don't need hold luggage then it's quite easy to fly a thousand miles for less than it costs to get the train from Charlton to Gatwick, where's the problem with that?
  • Never understand the venom directed at low cost airlines. They are what they are. As long as you are wise to their cost model and plan accordingly they are fine. I use Easyjet and Ryanair all the time and have an expectation of what the journey will be like. Usually it is fine.

People complain about their food prices etc etc.....simple solution buy something in the terminal before you get on!

I have no problem with Easyjet, fly with them a lot. Just cannot stand Ryanair....from when they tried charging to use the toilet, to the stupid jingle they play...just really hate them! And don't get me started on Michael O'Leary!

I try and avoid flying with them, but there's times when its unavoidable so just try and suck it up and get on with it!

I have no problem with Easyjet, fly with them a lot. Just cannot stand Ryanair....from when they tried charging to use the toilet, to the stupid jingle they play...just really hate them! And don't get me started on Michael O'Leary!

I try and avoid flying with them, but there's times when its unavoidable so just try and suck it up and get on with it!
    They were never going to charge people for using the toilet, it was just a means of getting free advertising.
  • MrLargo said:

Never understand the venom directed at low cost airlines. They are what they are. As long as you are wise to their cost model and plan accordingly they are fine. I use Easyjet and Ryanair all the time and have an expectation of what the journey will be like. Usually it is fine.

They were never going to charge people for using the toilet, it was just a means of getting free advertising.
    No charge but it's an outside loo!
  • On here: 1/1000
  • Literally the only company I boycott. I detest everything about them.
  • Sponsored links:

• Jints said:

Literally the only company I boycott. I detest everything about them.

Why?
  • Its surprising how close BA come with a lot of their flights costwise (in the assumption that they are flying to same city) - and you get a) Easy check-in at T5 (none of this schlepping to Stansted rubbish) b) Pleasant staff c) Free on-board meals c) Nor parked on the periphery of the airport d) dont feel like you are doing THEM a favour by flying with them d) dont make you feel like a lump of shit when flying with them and e) you dont have that horrible feeling that you've HAD to give them some of your money. I always fly BA if i have the choice- for the little extra, i get treated like a human-being.
  • Never had a problem with them. You know what you're getting!
    For cheap football away trips they are ideal.
    Using them in 11 days to fly to Riga on route to Estonia away.

Watch me have problems now!! :(
  • Its surprising how close BA come with a lot of their flights costwise (in the assumption that they are flying to same city) - and you get a) Easy check-in at T5 (none of this schlepping to Stansted rubbish) b) Pleasant staff c) Free on-board meals c) Nor parked on the periphery of the airport d) dont feel like you are doing THEM a favour by flying with them d) dont make you feel like a lump of shit when flying with them and e) you dont have that horrible feeling that you've HAD to give them some of your money. I always fly BA if i have the choice- for the little extra, i get treated like a human-being.

Me too, except our flights back to Blighty this winter were, unusually, about £200 cheaper on Monarch than on BA - so for that money I will put up with Monarch's slightly inferior service (which of course is still superior to Ryan or Easy).