Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Public Buses - love em, hate em use em?

124»

Comments

• Options
    Depends on the route!
  • Options
    edited July 2016
    Call me old-fashioned but nobody queues for a bus anymore and they don't wait patiently in a line to get on board - its just a bloody scrum. I'd rather walk in the pouring rain than catch a bus these days.
  • Options
    First of many TFL jobs to go sad times

• Options
    I'm on the 161 to Woolwich being treated to gangsta rap at full volume.

oh well.
  • Options
    Bus has stopped, boys are refussing to get off and we've got a full scale shouting match.
  • Options
    I'd never take a bus if the tube was an option. Poxy things, they may be convenient for those who live in well linked areas but they are a piss take where I live. It costs about 7 quid to get a return ticket to the high street from my house. And that involves a bastard of an uphill walk on the return leg

I can park, pay fuel and have freedom by driving. I'm jealous of anyone who can get a night bus home from being in the piss but it's expensive local cabs only after dark in deepest kent.

The people on buses who many have mentioned have a lot of behavioural issues in London. But the world is generally a more inconsiderate place these days so the bus gets sacked off
  • Options
    I have never driven and never will.

Tubes and trains are alright but buses are a bit shitty.

Night buses I try and avoid like the plague for fear of drunk wierdos, very frightening journeys they are.

• Options
    Cracking thread this btw.

• Options
    I got a late-ish night bus back from Morden tube station last year. After narrowly avoiding getting mugged at the bus stop by a group of yoof the journey itself was surreal.

A bloke of about 50 with clear mental health issues started racially abusing his fellow passengers whilst holding a ferret and not wearing any trousers.

About a month later I was on the same route and there was just me, the missus and a full kit Palace fan. He spent the whole journey singing 'bald c##t, speccy twat". And yes I am folically challenged with poor eyesight.

Tend to get cabs home these days.
  • Options
    red_murph said:

I got a late-ish night bus back from Morden tube station last year. After narrowly avoiding getting mugged at the bus stop by a group of yoof the journey itself was surreal.

Im sorry that my Ferret disturbed you, many apologies.

A bloke of about 50 with clear mental health issues started racially abusing his fellow passengers whilst holding a ferret and not wearing any trousers.

About a month later I was on the same route and there was just me, the missus and a full kit Palace fan. He spent the whole journey singing 'bald c##t, speccy twat". And yes I am folically challenged with poor eyesight.

Tend to get cabs home these days.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Im sorry my ferret disturbed you I apologise.
  • Options
    Use them all the time mostly the 89 and 486 very convenient for Bexleyheath and getting to CAFC both routes are very frequent and with the bus App you can get information on when the next bus is arriving. Never had any real problems there is the odd dickhead but I have found that rare.

When I was growing up, especially on a Sunday, you could wait for an hour or more for a bus so from that aspect things have improved dramatically and honestly can't see why people complain about them.
  • Options
    edited July 2016
    I use buses all the time in London, especially as many of them go directly to where I want to go. I quite often used the buses from N Greenwich as an alternative way to The Valley last season, with the reduced train service

I don't go out late so much now, but have happy memories of night buses. Anyone remember the old N72 to Dartford in the 80s which took 1 3/4 hours, and travelled via the whole of SE London?
  • Options

One thing about the latest hybrid buses with their silent (electric) acceleration - until the diesel engine cuts in it is possible to imagine you're on a trolleybus (696 or 698) ....
  • Options
    I go to work on one everyday, simply because I can't ge a train and my work has no parking spaces.

I'd happily pay 4x more in transport costs to use my car to go to work to avoid getting on the bus.
  • Options

happy memories of night buses

You sadist.