Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Adopted teams abroad?

13»

Comments

• Options

Cesena in Italy, Konsvinger in Norway and Killie in Scotland

Thats odd, i was talking to a guy in Luxembourg last weekend who is a Konsvinger fan.
  • Options

Vancouver Whitecaps - being in Calgary it's not terribly local but they are closest MLS team we're off to see their a derby game against Portland in a couple of weeks. Should be a good atmosphere and the footie is ok

Whitecaps for me too, live walking distance from the ground and do some coaching for their academy so it was the easy option when we moved here
  • Options
    Celta Vigo in Spain for me but after visiting Bilbao at the end of the last season, they will definitely be high on my watch list now
  • Options
    edited July 2017
    cafc4life said:

Celta Vigo in Spain for me but after visiting Bilbao at the end of the last season, they will definitely be high on my watch list now

@cafc4life how easy was it getting match tickets? I'm going to Bilbao in September, hoping they will be at home so I can take in a game.
  • Options
    edited July 2017
    Oh Orlando FC aswell as Ajax, Enjoy the holiday destination so only natural I keep an eye out for there results & watch them on Sky Sports if there on at a sensible time. Going next October and hoped to catch a game but think we might be too late!
  • Options
    RC Lens & Fortuna Dusseldorf. Both mirror the fortunes of our useless mob in SE7.
  • Options
    Real Betis. Family have a place near Seville and I've been a few times. Strange experience going to a game that kicks off at 9pm on a Sunday.
    Betis fans are great though. They're the blue collar team to Seville's more up market supporters and the atmosphere at the Benito Villamarín is brilliant.
  • Options

cafc4life said:

@cafc4life how easy was it getting match tickets? I'm going to Bilbao in September, hoping they will be at home so I can take in a game.
    They didn't go on general sale until the Monday before the game but managed to get them okay. €80 each tho off their website Was cheaper seats higher up off tho. I'd love to go back and try get a eibar or sociedad game in too
  • Options
    cafc4life said:

cafc4life said:

They didn't go on general sale until the Monday before the game but managed to get them okay. €80 each tho off their website Was cheaper seats higher up off tho. I'd love to go back and try get a eibar or sociedad game in too
    Cheers. Sociedad is my plan B. I forgot about Eibar, so yet another option.
  • Options
    edited July 2017

cafc4life said:

cafc4life said:

Alaves not far away in Vitoria as well. Four teams from Basque Country in next year's La Liga.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

cafc4life said:

cafc4life said:

I saw Eibar at Athletico in May, there was as many Eibar there as strands of hair on your nut Mr Otto.
  • Options

Hamilton Accies and Annan. Cape Town City my current home town

Doing Annan v Cowdenbeath on the the 30th September.
    If I wasn't going to Fleetwood, I'd see you there ((:>)
    Good choice Cowdenbeath are awesome
  • Options
    cafc4life said:

cafc4life said:

€80? WTF? That could get me a season at Viktoria Plzen and a bit left over for the first beers of the season

• Options

cafc4life said:

cafc4life said:

€80? WTF? That could get me a season at Viktoria Plzen and a bit left over for the first beers of the season

Was their last home game of the season but yeah pretty hefty
  • Options

Hamilton Accies and Annan. Cape Town City my current home town

Doing Annan v Cowdenbeath on the the 30th September.
    If I wasn't going to Fleetwood, I'd see you there ((:>)
    Good choice Cowdenbeath are awesome
    I saw Cowdenbeath v Queens Park about 12 years ago. A strange experience watching the second half whilst the motors were coming in for stock car racing that night!
  • Options

FC Una Strassen (Luxembourg) as its close to where I live.
    FC Metz (France) , as its the only Top Tier side near me, and its my colleagues team.

Palace have announced a friendly ar FCMetz next week, what should i do? - go and give them shit or tell my mate not to go as they are shit ( i've already done that anyway).
  • Options
    Been following third division Union Adarve this season after my previous lower league Madrid team Puerta Bonita went bust and out of business a couple of years ago. Got a season ticket for the tidy sum of €20 and been enjoying taking my place as the token sole Englishman there every second Sunday at the Vicente del Bosque stadium. First season at the third level and have gone into the mini break for Christmas in a decent eleventh place.
  • Options
    The River Police in Thailand are well worth a watch
  • Options
    edited December 2017
    Lazio
    Løten FK (Norway, 3rd division when I last looked)
    Brive Rugby
  • Options
    Stenhousemuir ----no idea why , even had a subutoe team in their colours
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Huesca, to keep the in laws happy!

Well until I move to Madrid in the summer then it's Hala Madrid!
  • Options
    St. Pauli.
  • Options
    edited December 2017
    Palace from Surrey
  • Options
    Boston Bruins
    New England Patriots
    Boston Red Sox

Closest I’ve ever had to a foreign football team was Berchem Sport in Antwerp, although I’ve recently become fascinated with Fort William in the Highland League and the magnificent futility they represent.
  • Options

Huesca, to keep the in laws happy!

Well until I move to Madrid in the summer then it's Hala Madrid!

Huesca doing amazingly well and look good for promotion to La Liga.