Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Mark Mansfield on Charlton Live

Mark Mansfield will be joining us on the show this coming Sunday, and will be joining us at 8pm.

Comments

• PeteF said:
    Goosebumps. Big Time!
  • Pete - can you upload the clip for another 60 secs or so? Want to get the bit when Colin Powell starts crying, asks Mark to take over, and he is also in bits.

If I listen to that I may just lose it at my desk.
  • Is this likely to be a regular thing Pete ?
  • His nephew used to post on here up until last year.

Seemed strange with Mark. Excellent broadcaster and seemed a proper fan. Had a fall out aover the Capital Radio tie up, and seemed to completely walk away from anything to do with the club and stopped supporting.
  • His nephew used to post on here up until last year.

Seemed strange with Mark. Excellent broadcaster and seemed a proper fan. Had a fall out aover the Capital Radio tie up, and seemed to completely walk away from anything to do with the club and stopped supporting.

It did seem strange. For me he was a massive part of following Charlton when I was too young to go to away games and would sit next to a radio listening to his commentary.
  • Valley11 said:

His nephew used to post on here up until last year.

It did seem strange. For me he was a massive part of following Charlton when I was too young to go to away games and would sit next to a radio listening to his commentary.
    Exactly this.
  • Is this likely to be a regular thing Pete ?

no it's just a one off.

• Pete - can you upload the clip for another 60 secs or so? Want to get the bit when Colin Powell starts crying, asks Mark to take over, and he is also in bits.

Will try and do it later today.

• PeteF said:

Pete - can you upload the clip for another 60 secs or so? Want to get the bit when Colin Powell starts crying, asks Mark to take over, and he is also in bits.

Thanks
  • Sponsored links:

• PeteF said:

Is this likely to be a regular thing Pete ?

no it's just a one off.

Why's that. You worried he might take your job?................ ;-)
  • ha ha no, he lives miles away, the interview will be on the phone.
  • team up with him PeteF and bring him back he could live with you weekends as a gesture of goodwill
  • Well done Pete, had goose bumps right through that clip.
    Looking forward to the show.

Don't forget to treat us to a "get on in there you beauty" this Saturday.
  • mickc said:

Well done Pete, had goose bumps right through that clip.
    Looking forward to the show.

Don't forget to treat us to a "get on in there you beauty" this Saturday.

Ha ha if we score you may just hear it, I really have never planned to say it, it just happens.... think it stops me from doing what I did as a fan in the stand, which is add an extra word in there somewhere!

That clip has the hair standing up on the back of my neck everytime.

• PeteF said:

Pete - can you upload the clip for another 60 secs or so? Want to get the bit when Colin Powell starts crying, asks Mark to take over, and he is also in bits.

Yes please. It is classic!
  • PeteF said:

Here are all the penalties. courtesy of Mark Mansfield
  • Amazing. Just amazing.

When I hear that I realise that I shouldn't ever be annoyed with my club again. We experienced more in that wonderful afternoon than some fans will experience ever with their club.
  • Q. Does Mark still follow Charlton.
  • PeteF said:

PeteF said:

Here are all the penalties. courtesy of Mark Mansfield
    Most important bit or radio commentary in the clubs' history?..... Ask Mark if we can have this in the museum archive Pete..... we will have to get him down there perhaps for the opening.
  • Sponsored links:

• PeteF said:
    Wow, I wondered who you lot we're talking about.

I thought I knew the name but I just listened to that clip and the memories came flooding back. That voice reminds me so much of midweek away games listening to the game on a radio!

Good luck with the interview.
  • I used to 'man the phones' for Mark in the RTM studio on Sunday evenings, and help him out on matchdays, from '94 to '97. Airman Brown introduced us if I recall correctly. With the years passing have lost touch with Mark, looking forward to hearing how he's getting on, hope he's well.
  • Don't think I've heard that before, as I was one of the (many) lucky ones to be at the game. 16 years on and I still get a nice tingling feeling..........
  • Used to be great fun with Mark, Jon Lucas, Mick Collins, Kevin Nolan and the late Dave Davies (RIP) - and the legend Vic from Charlton:)
  • Used to be great fun with Mark, Jon Lucas, Mick Collins, Kevin Nolan and the late Dave Davies (RIP) - and the legend Vic from Charlton:)

Agreed, any idea if Vic still around, he was great radio, I remember when he snapped back at Kevin Nolan " when was the last time you paid for a ticket"
    I take my name from that show" although it was 'ken from bexley village' been back on it as a guest a few times, the guy's do a great job. Followed Jim Davidson last time I was on.
  • Yep, as far as I know Vic is about, face to face a very nice bloke embodiment of kindness.
  • Vic Skinner, used to ge a Labour Governor on schools around Woolwich ie Cardwell and Woodhill from memory.
  • Is that the same Vic who kept insisting to Steve Sutherland that John Hewie was a black man ?

can any of you remenber this ? (i thought they said Vic from tower bridge)

A very surreal moment in the history of Charlton live.
  • What about Dave from Thamesmead, a Millwall fan who used to call the programme every bloody week.