Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Rotherham v Charlton 2014/15 post match views

After pushing in front in the first half, Peeters' men weren't at the races in the second and let the home side back in it.

1-1.

A decent point (still unbeaten!), or not good enough?

Comments

• Apparently no love lost between Big Bob and Steve Evans at the end.
  • At half time we were all over them, BP would realise they would come at us start of second half, but we seemed to completely give up
  • Still unbeaten, great start.

We have no game changers on the bench. Need to do something in loan window, to ease burden off Igor.
  • FT stats addicks first as always-:
    possession..............47% - 53%
    shots on................. 4 - 6
    shots off................ 9 - 16
    corners.................. 5 - 7

GOALS................... 1 - 1
  • Still unbeaten, still picking up points, still drawing from winning positions, still a work in progress.
  • seth plum said:

Apparently no love lost between Big Bob and Steve Evans at the end.

Go on Bob... Hit him (Even if for no reason)... Dont think anyone loves Steve "tax evasion" Evans
  • Still unbeaten, still picking up points, still drawing from winning positions, still a work in progress.

Still rubbish.
  • Sounded great first half. Complete opposite second. Still a good point but we seem to be riding our luck once when we score first.
  • Sponsored links:

• We have Middlesboro at home on Saturday, and Norwich away the following Tuesday. Then we will have played ten games, five away and five home. If we are still unbeaten after those two I will be very happy. I fully realise that one win and one defeat is more points than two draws...however undefeated is still a feature to structure motivation around.
    Work in progress, but its coming on so to speak, it's coming on.
  • edited September 2014
    remain unbeaten but it simply wasn't good enough throughout the 2nd half.. still haven't been able to finish off/win an away game yet either which is worrying having played 2 of the promoted teams (brentford + rotherham) as well as huddersfield.

still streets ahead of what we saw last season, despite still being a work in progress. plenty of reasons to be looking up :) COYR!
  • Listened to a radio London stream off computer. Gemma doing the commentary but she did okay, not too much handbags talk. Sounds like we went ultra defensive again.
  • edited September 2014
    Every point is a good point and we're still unbeaten

BUT it's deflating to have lost the lead in over half of the games in which we've taken the lead. Eight points dropped against Brentford, Brighton, Wolves and now Rotherham is not good enough if we have aspirations of staying with the pace setters.
  • edited September 2014
    It sounded whilst doing the match thread we were really at the races in the first half, second half we packed up and went back to the stables for a nice lay down!!! We didn't get going after the break and we just invited them on as we sat back and our passing went astray. a point gained in the end, when it should have been 3 if we had kept our first half performance going. Still unbeaten but worrying how much we allow other teams to play the ball around and let them press us.
    Boro, Norwich and Brum up next before the next international break.....I think we should go into loan market and get a couple of players in.
  • Getting a bit bored of letting out leads slip in the second half. I'm not slitting my wrists like some (or one) in the match thread but I think it shows that we need one or two players to come in to a) keep the opposition guessing and b) help with maintaining the overall fitness levels of the squad.

One point is better than none and like wolves and brentford, you don't know what to expect from newly promoted teams.

The first half sounded promising but do we have the players to come on and keep that up? Time will tell.

Still unbeaten so I am content. Roll on Middlesborough.
  • James Scowcroft said on BBC London that Rotherham looked much the fitter side, which is a bit worrying.
  • edited September 2014
    Looking forward to hearing from people at the game, as listening on the radio made it sound like we just did not come back out for the second half, 2 points dropped for sure.

Days like this is the difference between top 6 and just top half.

Still hopefully we get some extra support in the loan window whilst we are still in the promotion hunt.
  • dickplumb said:

James Scowcroft said on BBC London that Rotherham looked much the fitter side, which is a bit worrying.

We spend most of our games chasing after the ball so I am not surprised.
  • We may have to give Steve Evans and his coaching team some credit here for instructions given at halftime.
  • Sponsored links:

• Will write a proper report later. Awful second half, showed very little, gifted the goal to them. Gudmundsons goal was superb, he was our catalyst first half. Wouldn't have been an unfair result if we lost that.
  • Boro at home then Norwich away, unbeaten run to get a stern test over the next few days.

Still delighted with out start but leaning towards thinking we need another win to reignite the fire.
  • Undefeated. 7th in the league with totally new team. Cannot grumble. We will only get better.

If we can pick up 3 points in next two games will prove we can be in the mix and even if we don't we have still come a long way from last season so no need for any negativity imo. We should be happy the direction we're going in, which is building a squad capable of competing for promotion. Don't think any of us expected it to be this year but if it is let's enjoy it without expectation.
  • dizzee said:

Still unbeaten, still picking up points, still drawing from winning positions, still a work in progress.

Still rubbish.
    dizzee, I'm coming round yours to remove all the sharp objects. Hold on.
  • Something is obviously not quite right yet we remain unbeaten. Need a forward who can hold the ball up and I still think the balance of midfield looks wrong.

We are a work in progress and it's starting to show a bit. Loan window is open and I hope we look to use it.

8 unbeaten. We would all have taken that wouldn't we ? Regroup and go again.
  • Think that the continental sides place fitness much lower a priority than other aspects pf the professional game, whereas the Brits do it the other way round. I fear that the neglect of fitness training regime would turn out to be our undoing...
  • Every point is a good point and we're still unbeaten

BUT it's deflating to have lost the lead in over half of the games in which we've taken the lead. Eight points dropped against Brentford, Brighton, Wolves and now Rotherham is not good enough if we have aspirations of staying with the pace setters.

Not too sure we have such aspirations. I think we are an unknown quantity to ourselves as well as the other teams in the league. It is bloody frustrating losing leads time after time. But a top half finish with a chance of playoffs, and to further build will do me.
  • Started really poorly. Grew into the first half and dominated after the goal.

Less said about the 2nd half the better. Barely strung 2 passes together it was horrible to watch.

Stupid thing is, but for a moment of madness from TBH we would have won.

Igor needs some support. Desperately need to get a number 9 in. Ball doesn't stick and we end up under so much pressure.

Decent cameo from Bulot. Wiggins very shaky again. Midfield constantly gave the ball away second half. First time Bikey has looked ruffled.

Fair result in the end, but if we are going to push on we really need a big man up top.
  • edited September 2014
    Nothing changes sitting back on a lead, even with Peeters. They say old habits die hard, No guts to kill off a game or is it fitness? I predict first defeat v Boro then see if we have character, to return to a winning mentality after a downer.
    Still unbeaten so something to smile about :)