Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Moving Abroad (America or Dublin)

13»

Comments

• Options
    Would be Austin for me but sounds like it's gonna be Bawston (lol) for you .. wherever you go, you just must learn to drive to get the most from any 'strange' place, you must be able to get out and about wherever and whenever you want in your free time .. enjoy it wherever you go
  • Options
    Just re read through this old thread, and I just thought what a great opportunity for a 27 year old single fella....thats all.
  • Options
    Greenie said:

Just re read through this old thread, and I just thought what a great opportunity for a 27 year old single fella....thats all.

just seen that Tom has probably been .. and come back ((:>)
  • Options
    edited July 2017
    Strangely, I'm in Dublin for work this week (and therefore will be at the Charlton game tomorrow night!)

Ultimately I ended up staying in London as I was promoted into a role where a move abroad wasn't necessary. I do however spend a lot of time in Ireland + Boston + Austin through my work.

The current plan is to be promoted into a managerial role for the first time later this year and am currently in Dublin meeting people who maybe in my team. If that does happen there is still a chance that I'll be moving out here if need be.

I'm still 29 and single, no kids - so am still open to the idea of moving abroad for work whilst I have no major commitments.
  • Options
    cafctom said:

Strangely, I'm in Dublin for work this week (and therefore will be at the Charlton game tomorrow night!)

Ultimately I ended up staying in London as I was promoted into a role where a move abroad wasn't necessary. I do however spend a lot of time in Ireland + Boston + Austin through my work.

The current plan is to be promoted into a managerial role for the first time later this year and am currently in Dublin meeting people who maybe in my team. If that does happen there is still a chance that I'll be moving out here if need be.

I'm still 29 and single, no kids - so am still open to the idea of moving abroad for work whilst I have no major commitments.

Congratulations!

What do you think of Austin? I haven't been, but a lot of kids from LA (people I went to high school with) move to Austin because it's weird and funky and cost of living is cheapER than LA.
  • Options
    edited July 2017
    SDAddick said:

cafctom said:

Congratulations!

What do you think of Austin? I haven't been, but a lot of kids from LA (people I went to high school with) move to Austin because it's weird and funky and cost of living is cheapER than LA.
    Thank you SD.

Austin is definitely a place that seems to pride itself on its 'weirdness', and is a different experience to any of the other major cities in Texas I've visited. 6th Street is unreal on a Friday or a Saturday night

Even though I'm touching 30 I still enjoy big nights out/clubbing - so Austin is the sort of place I enjoy. The climate in the Summer is excruciating though.

• Options
    cafctom said:

SDAddick said:

cafctom said:

Congratulations!

Thank you SD.

Austin is definitely a place that seems to pride itself on its 'weirdness', and is a different experience to any of the other major cities in Texas I've visited. 6th Street is unreal on a Friday or a Saturday night

Even though I'm touching 30 I still enjoy big nights out/clubbing - so Austin is the sort of place I enjoy. The climate in the Summer is excruciating though.

Cool. Yeah, you couldn't pay me to do a Texan summer. My biggest question about Austin, as an outsider looking in, is it to the point where it's kind of a parody of itself?

What is it you do, if you don't mind me asking?
  • Options
    SDAddick said:

cafctom said:

SDAddick said:

cafctom said:

Congratulations!

Thank you SD.

Cool. Yeah, you couldn't pay me to do a Texan summer. My biggest question about Austin, as an outsider looking in, is it to the point where it's kind of a parody of itself?

What is it you do, if you don't mind me asking?
    I wouldn't go as far as saying 'parody', because even though it does have a pride for its weirdness it's not over the top. It's not as pretentious as somewhere like Shoreditch on a night out for example. It's quite a liberal place (literally hundreds of thousands of students) and that alone is enough to make it seem like a weird place within the typically republican Texas.

I'm a sales manager for a software company who are based in America.