Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Dog snatchers

edited September 2014 in Not Sports Related
My daughter and her friend had an encounter earlier with what might have been a dog snatcher.

The police are taking it seriously and have been around.

A chap got out of his transit, which had dogs making noise in the back and approached them, with what the girls felt was an intention of nabbing little Loki.

It was near the Falcon pub, Falconwood at around dusk. Normally pretty safe in this area but that end is a bit rougher

Just putting this about to anyone who walks a smaller dog or lets their kids do it.

The front of these people is astonishing but apparently it does happen and the dogs are used for bating for dog fights

I know it sounds unbelievable but I thought I'd put out there.

Comments

• Options
    He must've been barking mad
  • Options
    I did say it was ruff(er)
  • Options
    All bark and no bite I reckon
  • Options
    I'll check the dog-fights I go to and keep my eyes open for any dog snatchers.

But seriously this country's gone to the dogs.
  • Options
    The police need to collar him.
  • Options
    Keep hounding the police for an answer Razil....they're bound to come across a lead sooner rather than later...

• Options
    Sorry, we've made a right dogs dinner of this.
  • Options
    Really? I thought the comments were of a quality pedigree, chum.
  • Options
    razil said:

My daughter and her friend had an encounter earlier with what might have been a dog snatcher.

The police are taking it seriously and have been around.

A chap got out of his transit, which had dogs making noise in the back and approached them, with what the girls felt was an intention of nabbing little Loki.

It was near the Falcon pub, Falconwood at around dusk. Normally pretty safe in this area but that end is a bit rougher

Just putting this about to anyone who walks a smaller dog or lets their kids do it.

The front of these people is astonishing but apparently it does happen and the dogs are used for bating for dog fights

I know it sounds unbelievable but I thought I'd put out there.

That's horrible and must have been pretty scary for your daughter. Really sorry to hear that. What breed is your dog?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    What prevented him from nabbing the dog?
  • Options
    Sorry to hear that B, I hope the girls are ok. Welling/falconwood/blackfen areas are/were notorious for dog thefts for baiting. Smaller dogs are just left to be killed, while the larger dogs are tied up and continuously attacked by the fighting dogs until they bleed to death. If the dogs are of value they are farmed to death, bred and bred until they have no more value. Bailey was being watched as a puppy, I was asked in the street if I would sell him which obviously I said no, engaging me in conversation as I walked it became obvious he wanted to find out where I lived. Which I why I had CCTV installed despite having dogs, it's actually to protect them from theft.
  • Options
    What did the girls do Razil? Did they just run away? They must have been very scared.

Glad they are all safe.
  • Options
    That's really horrible. Very sorry to hear that Barnie. I hope the girls are ok.
  • Options
    .Actually reading your o/p I didn't twig it was your daughter and her friend, sorry to hear and hope they aren't too upset by it.

I'm in the doghouse :OP
  • Options
    Joking aside, if anyone got out of a van and approached two young girls I'd be concerned. Hope the police deal with it properly.
  • Options
    T.C.E said:

Sorry to hear that B, I hope the girls are ok. Welling/falconwood/blackfen areas are/were notorious for dog thefts for baiting. Smaller dogs are just left to be killed, while the larger dogs are tied up and continuously attacked by the fighting dogs until they bleed to death. If the dogs are of value they are farmed to death, bred and bred until they have no more value. Bailey was being watched as a puppy, I was asked in the street if I would sell him which obviously I said no, engaging me in conversation as I walked it became obvious he wanted to find out where I lived. Which I why I had CCTV installed despite having dogs, it's actually to protect them from theft.

Jesus. I find that difficult to comprehend, not being a resident there any more. I'm shocked to think that happens around where I come from, and where my sister and her family have a small dog.
  • Options
    Cheers for the heads up razil. Often walk my pup over fanny on the hill which is in the area.

Hope the girls are okay.

Absolute scum.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    more nd more going on between falconwood and blackfen since they knocked down and rehoused ferrier estate.

No offence meant
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    Prague... TCE told me not to put my dogs name on his name tag. It just has my mobile... Just so any would be dog thieves don't find out his name and he's tricked into running to them if called.
  • Options
    Curb_It said:

Prague... TCE told me not to put my dogs name on his name tag. It just has my mobile... Just so any would be dog thieves don't find out his name and he's tricked into running to them if called.

This makes so much sense. I have never put a dog's name on a tag. Always just a phone number.
  • Options
    Curb_It said:

Blimey. Never would have occurred to us, here in Prague, not to do that. I have heard vague talk of dog thefts but no talk of a dog baiting industry, which is what this sounds like.
  • Options
    I used to have a contact via a rescue that would let me know when known people were active when I lived in the area.... One of the tell tale signs are Lost dogs posters, two or three in close proximity is not a coincidence. The marks on front doors or garden gates does happen. Tags should never (as curb_it says) have your dogs name on, phone number and postcode is sufficient. 50% of any theft will by about getting the dog to come to you so don't help the thief out. Micro chip is a must, a lot (not all) of gangs will have scanners and immediately release dogs with a chip as they are traceable by the ob just making a call. Bailey is also tattooed this doesn't happen so much now as the more callous thief would just remove the dogs ears.
  • Options
    T.C.E said:

Micro chip is a must, a lot (not all) of gangs will have scanners and immediately release dogs with a chip as they are traceable by the ob just making a call.

Might be wrong, but I believe it becomes compulsory for all dogs to be chipped next year............
  • Options
    A lot of dogs are as soft as shit though and happily go to someone with a friendly word.

My dog would hold the burglars torch for him.

• Options
    Addickted said:

A lot of dogs are as soft as shit though and happily go to someone with a friendly word.

Labrador?

• Options

Addickted said:

Labrador?

Cairn terrier.