Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Ahearne-Grant and Lapslie sign pro deals

According to George Lapslie's Twitter.

@GeorgeLapslie: Delighted to have officially signed my professional contact today in my 7th season at Charlton… http://t.co/lnTUOSvTdf

@GeorgeLapslie: Happy birthday to my broski karlangrant_ officially a professional footballer, long time coming, much… http://t.co/tDXskxi02C

Both players are first year u18s this season but have been playing at that level before this season.

Comments

• Options
    Fantastic news if true, especially KAG. Very excited about him.
  • Options
    Who is George Lapslie... Havent heard much about him?
  • Options

Who is George Lapslie... Havent heard much about him?

Essex based midfielder who can also play in a front three.

"Known for being extremely physically fit and with a strong work rate, while also having good technique and an eye for goal" according to the handbook

born 5 September 1997
  • Options
    Lapslie and Ahearne Grant are meant to be the cream of that generation of academy players, glad we've got them.
  • Options
    Good luck two both lads, hope you have a great career at CAFC.

Are you Listening Casey Palmer, you chose to go to Chelsea when they came calling,
    earning more than you would at CAFC ?

Gomez has already played at 17 for the !st team, Aherne-Grant could well join him before the end of the season
    even thou his 17 birthday is today.

I have more chance of having a fling with Kelly Brook than you have of playing for chelsea 1st team.

In two years time, Gomez will get a transfer to a top 4 club in prem, with 50 games under his belt.
    CAFC will get 10 million and you will be on loan at Grimsby.

No brainer.
  • Options
    Huskaris said:

Fantastic! I for one can't wait to declare them the best player I have ever seen at the valley, only to call them second rate when they leave us, before mellowing slightly 3-4 seasons later, and then hoping we might re-sign them, only to find out we won't and claim they are on ridiculously high wages and wouldn't be worth it.

Christ, I hate those 2 greedy bastards already.

On a real note though. Congratulations lads and welcome!

Many a true word said in jest. Painfully accurate!!
  • Options

Are you Listening Casey Palmer, you chose to go to Chelsea when they came calling,

Gomez has already played at 17 for the !st team, Aherne-Grant could well join him before the end of the season

I have more chance of having a fling with Kelly Brook than you have of playing for chelsea 1st team.

In two years time, Gomez will get a transfer to a top 4 club in prem, with 50 games under his belt.

No brainer.

Excuse me if I am wrong, but I thought someone commented on here that there was another reason why Palmer left, something personal, did he have trouble with Hart, as I have heard of others that did? What problems I don't know, other people's comments
  • Options
    Ok Sean Mcginty who went to Man utd in 2009. and who's now with Rochdale.

Thats my point.

If Casey had Issues With Paul Hart, you leave, but the Chelsea Route is still strange as all the English young players end up in the Bermuda Triangle in recent years.

• Options
    Don't know anything about either but I'm glad we think they are good enough and worth the contract. Well done lads.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Fantastic news! Well done George and Karlan
  • Options
    ross1 said:

No brainer.

Excuse me if I am wrong, but I thought someone commented on here that there was another reason why Palmer left, something personal, did he have trouble with Hart, as I have heard of others that did? What problems I don't know, other people's comments
    Someone did say that. I think it was a touch of the 'Poyets' (definition: Bullshit).

Congrats to both Lapslie and AG, hope to see you break through to the first team before long. Glad we are getting these young lads tied down.
  • Options
    This is very very positive news. Let's hope we hear Joe Gomez has signed a new long term deal soon too.
  • Options
    christ, how many forms does the poor lad have to fill out?!
  • Options
    Always good to see youngsters coming through. Well done lads, and hope to see you in the first team before too long.
  • Options
    Congratulations chaps, welcome to the family. Now get your nut down and work hard !
  • Options
    Scoham said:

How nice to see the traditional "signing of the first contract" photo, the one that will be included in the player's autobiography 15 years later when he is a star...

I'm not aware of any link, but Karlan Ahearne-Grant does look a bit like Kim Grant in that picture!
  • Options
    Talking to former academy coach Steve lovell tonight and he said that KAG Grant is the next big thing to come from our Academy
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    ross1 said:

No brainer.

I know that was apparently the case with the lad who went to Millwall and now is at Stoke, I have no doubt Kasey Palmer went for the house and money.
  • Options
    Swisdom said:

Talking to former academy coach Steve lovell tonight and he said that KAG Grant is the next big thing to come from our Academy

He scored 2 last night against Ebbsfleet. In front of Big Bob, who was at the game.

Interestingly, CP never went to a single KSC game, not even when we beat Tonbridge Angels in the final.
  • Options
    Well done lads ! The future is bright- the future is red !

Lovely pics too !
  • Options

ross1 said:

Surprised he passed a medical at Chelsea if he had Hart problems...........
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    Scoham said:

(1) Couldnt Peeters have given George the chair
    (2) One of them is looking at the wrong camera lol!
    (3) He's got a very tidy desk hasnt he our Bob... Would prefer a Laptop to a MacBook myself though
  • Options

christ, how many forms does the poor lad have to fill out?!

I guess that's Standard
  • Options
    For anyone who has seen him play how far is KAG away from the first team? Gomez, Shelvey, Jenkinson all made it as youngsters in recent years
  • Options

No brainer.

Actually not sure Kasey even has a chance at Chelsea's U21s! He hasn't played this season. An U19s UEFA game is the best he's managed so far. And then only as a sub in the 80th minute.