Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Scottish referendum results prediction thingy

13»

Comments

• Options

I am in Glasgow right now getting ready to go out and watch the historic event from the heart of this fine city

I thought all along they will stay within the union

However the amount of youngsters that are wearing the Scottish flag and in favour of leaving I think may swing this the other way

Either way as a democratic process I have gone from not giving a shit to actually thinking that it's a great opportunity for those who it concerns most have the chance to cast a vote that changes the whole UK map potentially

49 in favour of leaving

You've covered all the bases there nla :-)
  • Options

Yes: 60%
    No: 40%

As a fan who lives in Scotland, I'd be stunned if Scotland didn't win independence today.

well, the polls only momentarily put you ahead only last week. Before then it was strongly no. I'd be stunned if they vote for independence, sorry for the scottish for making a terrible decision and say good luck in the harsh wide world.

I'm fully expecting to wake up tomorrow with Scotland being a part of the United Kingdom
  • Options
    cider time

not decider time

its a great atmosphere up here mate
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    Fiiish said:

...and we do it all again in 5 years time.

I can't see how England would allow it, at least not in my lifetime. The amount of taxpayers' money, time and resources that has been pissed away on this fiasco cannot possibly justify having a re-run for at least another 100 years. Unless the SNP want to fund it themselves, then no thanks, I'd rather spend the money on something remotely useful.
    Salmond has come out to say he wont be pushing for another referendum anytime soon. Could be an attempt to swing it to yes "this is a once in generation chance" - but I expect he will stay true to that and his speech will be about working together for the new powers and a stronger Scottish government.

My hope is a larger yes majority, but think it could still be:

Yes 53
    No 47

For me, this isn't about Salmond, the SNP or the current politicians in Westminster. This is however, the chance for Scotlands people to take control of their country and build a stronger Scotland. Their chance to take control of their own affairs and make decisions on whats best for them as every country should have the ability to.

Also, whats not to say that a Yes vote wouldn't galvanise politics across the rest of the UK and set in motion some much needed changes?
  • Options
    Whatever the result, I'm just praying that Salmond doesn't paint his arse blue and stick it in our direction. Braveheart he isn't, Lardarse he is.

Yes 46.1%
    No 53.9%
  • Options
    Yes: 52%
    No: 48%

The ages 16-22 will swing it. They're heavily in favour of breaking away from the righter-wing England to set up some kind of Liberal paradise.
  • Options
    Online polls are notoriously inaccurate as all the participants are self-selected. Therefore there is no way to get a fair representation of any given population.
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    Yes: 44%
    No: 56%

i'm ITK.
  • Options

Yes: 52%
    No: 48%

The ages 16-22 will swing it. They're heavily in favour of breaking away from the righter-wing England to set up some kind of Liberal paradise.

I thought that but was surprised to see how small a number it was, 160k comes to mind.

• Options
    51.7 % Yes
    48.3 % No
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    No 52%
    Yes 48%

But I am usually wrong when guessing.....
  • Options
    58% no
  • Options
    No 54.6% yes 45.4%
  • Options
    England 0
  • Options
    Yes 53 no 47
  • Options
    54.5 no
    45.5 yes
  • Options
    Apparently the first constituency to return their vote will once again be Sunderland South
  • Options
    We have a winner...
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    Chizz said:

We have a winner...

I love how Americans do statistics:

Funnily enough, the source for this graphic is the same as the SNP's facts regarding the benefits of independence.
  • Options
    No - 55.6%
    Yes - 44.4%
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    No - 54%
    Yes - 44%
    Shake my hand 2%
  • Options

yes 54

No 46

82% TO

So close
  • Options

yes 54

No 46

82% TO

So close

No - 55.6%
    Yes - 44.4%

I think you'll find I'm going to be closer ;-)
  • Options
    Actual result after all votes in:

No - 55.3%
    Yes - 44.7%
  • Options

No 55.3
    Yes 44.7

Think you are spot on mate.
  • Options

No 55.3
    Yes 44.7

Think you are spot on mate.
    not confirmed yet though.
  • Options
    Think it is.
  • Options
    edited September 2014

No 55%
    Yes 45%

I was pretty close. I didn't realise we needed the decimals as well :-)
  • Options

Think it is.

Well done sir. Can you please give me tomorrow's lottery numbers now? :o)