Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Kent Cup

Does anybody know if we are playing Ebbsfleet tonight in the kent cup? It is showing as a fixture on their website but nothing from CAFC about it

Comments

• We are. Imagine it will be a mixture of U21s and U18s.
  • Was thinking that some of the unused subs from last night might get a game.
  • It's been on the U21 Development Team fixture list for ages and there's now a small piece about it on the OS too.

And KO is 7.45

See you there.
  • Yep,i'll be popping along
  • Charlton starting XI: Mitov; Osborne, Homes-Dennis, Obileye, Lennon; Muldoon, Munns, Cumberbatch; Ansah, Ahearne-Grant, Browne. 
  • As I do not see the under 21's can anyone tell me are Ansah or Ahearne-Grant near to first team and are either the big lump we want?
  • Neither are big lumps as far as I know. Ansah is a tricky winger-cum-striker. Ahearne-Grant is a nippy poacher. I might be wrong.
  • ross1 said:

As I do not see the under 21's can anyone tell me are Ansah or Ahearne-Grant near to first team and are either the big lump we want?

Both are slim fast players. Ahearne Grant is an excellent prospect and was in the squad versus Watford.

• Is Harry Lennon back with us now?
  • Sponsored links:

• HandG said:

Is Harry Lennon back with us now?

Think this has been raised before and he is eligible for dev squad games?
  • Wearing Ebbsfleets away top tonight. Ref must be in black. Had no time to sort out the 3rd kit
  • Wearing Ebbsfleets away top tonight. Ref must be in black. Had no time to sort out the 3rd kit

Amateur! Need to mark him down even more in the assessment if we lose :-0

That's one way to get the ref on our side.

• dickplumb said:

ross1 said:

As I do not see the under 21's can anyone tell me are Ansah or Ahearne-Grant near to first team and are either the big lump we want?

Both are slim fast players. Ahearne Grant is an excellent prospect and was in the squad versus Watford.

Thank you and Callum
  • RedChaser said:

HandG said:

Is Harry Lennon back with us now?

Think this has been raised before and he is eligible for dev squad games?
    It's a youth loan so he can play for Cambridge Utd and our u21s.
  • Charlton Athletic FC @CAFCofficial · 24s
    '40 still very quiet on the chances front. Charlton still awaiting their first effort on goal. Fleet shading it so far. #cafc
  • GOOAL! @karlanGrant97 breaks the deadlock. #cafc

— Charlton Athletic FC (@CAFCofficial) September 17, 2014
  • '56 GOOOAL! @karlanGrant97 makes it 2-0. #cafc

— Charlton Athletic FC (@CAFCofficial) September 17, 2014
  • I told you he was good didn't I.
  • Sponsored links:

• Scores goals this kid
  • Scores goals this kid

17 this month I think so hopefully there will be news of him signing a pro deal soon.
  • Spoke to Olly Lewis ( Seb's bro) on the way out of the game - he feels Karlan is nearly ready for a bench place at least in the Championship.

He's certainly a strong, quick lad & sure knows where the goal is.

The young guns played well, especially in the 2nd half & deserved the victory.

• Was there a real charlton feel down there?

Can someone reassure Afka there were not five thousand fervent ex charlton fans cheering on ebbsfleet.
  • MrOneLung said:

Was there a real charlton feel down there?

Can someone reassure Afka there were not five thousand fervent ex charlton fans cheering on ebbsfleet.

One word...

No.

I was the only one clapping when we scored (x2) as Mr F and Don seemed too embarrassed !

Met Seb, Olly and several other Addicks but basically, that was it.

• Spoke to Olly Lewis ( Seb's bro) on the way out of the game - he feels Karlan is nearly ready for a bench place at least in the Championship.

Karlan Aherne-Grant is 16, but by the time most of you see this he will be 17 (18/09/97

top scorer for u18 for two seasons plus England int for age group.

just started playing for u21.

If he gets on the bench this season he must be special.

will Bob fast track him like Joe Gomez ?

• Peter Varney, Steve Sutherland, Mark Humphrey, Dave Archer, Pocahontus. Your boys took a hell of a beating

: - )

Karlan Aherne-Grant is 16, but by the time most of you see this he will be 17 (18/09/97

top scorer for u18 for two seasons plus England int for age group.

just started playing for u21.

If he gets on the bench this season he must be special.

will Bob fast track him like Joe Gomez ?

Well Karlan has been out warming up for the last two home games so Peeters must definitely like him as he's giving him the matchday experience.

I guess with Pigott out on loan you could probably class him as our 4th Striker now

P.S - Happy Birthday Karlan

• think he might have a pro contracted activated today