Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Credit to Wolves

I thought they were a very good team last night. Undoubtedly we would have lost that match last season, we do have a bit more about us and I think we are definitely a work in progress under BP.
They were unlucky, agreed down to bad finishing not to be two or three up. I thought their possession, passing, and general movement was excellent. Kenny Jackett certainly knows his "stuff" I think he is a very good manager, definitely Millwalls loss in my opinion.
So a point last night was a welcome one but shows what a difficult league the championship is.
How long can we keep this unbeaten run going!!!
I must say I'm LOVING it!

COYR.....

Comments

• Options
    I thought Wolves looked a very strong, athletic, fit side that were very well organised. Stand out players for them were James Henry and Sako. The other Henry was decent.
  • Options
    thought their blond haired No 8 was the best player on the park
  • Options
    Totally agree, no fear and attacked at us by trying to take players on, enjoyed watching their RW

Their work rate was immense, literally hunted in packs (no pun intended) of 3 from 1st to 90th min.
  • Options

I thought they were a very good team last night. Undoubtedly we would have lost that match last season, we do have a bit more about us and I think we are definitely a work in progress under BP.
    They were unlucky, agreed down to bad finishing not to be two or three up. I thought their possession, passing, and general movement was excellent. Kenny Jackett certainly knows his "stuff" I think he is a very good manager, definitely Millwalls loss in my opinion.
    So a point last night was a welcome one but shows what a difficult league the championship is.
    How long can we keep this unbeaten run going!!!
    I must say I'm LOVING it!

COYR.....

What's with the lol?

I was serious!?!?
  • Options
    Tactically, they did a job on us. Closed down our CB's and full backs when we had possession, and that forced us to go longer, earlier.
  • Options
    Pedro45 said:

Tactically, they did a job on us. Closed down our CB's and full backs when we had possession, and that forced us to go longer, earlier.

How comes we never close down sides that quick?

• Options
    They look a very organised side. Can see them being up in and around the play off places this season.
  • Options
    Excellent tactics from Jackett who i rate as a manager.
  • Options
    They were excellent and very unlucky not to get three points, although their finishing was to blame for that. Especially impressed by Henry.
  • Options
    Wolves were like what we should of been like in our first season back in this league, had a strong side last season and then built on it with promotion, we didn't do that for obvious reasons.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Jints said:

They were excellent and very unlucky not to get three points, although their finishing was to blame for that. Especially impressed by Henry.

His article in the programme wasn't all that though

:-)
  • Options
    Played three forward players behind a very poor Leon Clarke (League One your level mate) and did well with James Henry and Bakary Sako on the flanks, meant we had to be very careful in attack as both players had the speed and the skill to outdo both Wiggins and Gomez, after about 10-mins against Henry I seriously thought Cousins should have doubled up against him with Wiggins as a few dangerous crosses had gone into the box
  • Options
    Stopped us from playing around at the back - forcing us longer and effectively giving the ball back.

Terrorised our full backs (who did OK IMO) with pace and skill

Bullied us because they realised the ref was inept.

Sako and Henry were the stand out players but Dicko was a pest too.

Leon Clarke was MOM for me because he was so awful - they would have smashed us if they had another decent striker
  • Options
    A good team, really impressed with their energy too.

Jackett is a good manager, it's interesting that there was no abuse aimed at him (or Henry) about their previous Millwall connections!
  • Options
    Best side I've seen all season, including Watford. Sako is an immense athlete. They're very dangerous going forward. Leon Clarke must be thanking his lucky stars that he managed to find a team like that to play in!
  • Options
    Agree that they are a good,hard working side but I do think that because we surrendered so much possession to them we made them look so much better than they are. Don't agree that they are promotion material just yet,think they are a decent striker short.
  • Options
    Looked very well organised and some of their passing in tight areas was very decent. Always knew where to find another player without really needing to look up before the pass.
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    Fiiiiiish said:

Looked very well organised and some of their passing in tight areas was very decent. Always knew where to find another player without really needing to look up before the pass.

Absolutely this, 5 yd, 10yd, 20yd, 50yd pass was always an 'out' where they didn't even have to look up.

Total opposite to us last night im afraid.

BUT WE ARE 5th I ENJOYED IT AND IM MORE UPBEAT ABOUT CAFC THAN I HAVE BEEN SINCE THE SEASON BEFORE CURBS LEFT.
  • Options
    Macdonald No 11 impressed me, did what JJ used to do, picked up everything in midfield and made loads of telling passes.
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    George Savill no8 and Macdonald no11 were very dangerous. plus Sako had his moments.

Thankfully Leon Clarke had an off night, including when he shot,instead of passing, when they had that two on one.

• Sponsored links:

• Options

A good team, really impressed with their energy too.

Jackett is a good manager, it's interesting that there was no abuse aimed at him (or Henry) about their previous Millwall connections!

I reckon that's cos Jackett was the only good thing about Millwall.
  • Options
    Pedro45 said:

This is definitely the Achilles heel with our current system. It's exactly what Huddersfield did and they almost scored a few from intercepting passes between the back 5. We need a plan B for this.
  • Options
    Great support too.
  • Options
    We've had 2 tough home games , i'm pleased we got 4 points out of them.
  • Options

Pedro45 said:

This is definitely the Achilles heel with our current system. It's exactly what Huddersfield did and they almost scored a few from intercepting passes between the back 5. We need a plan B for this.
    kick I into the channels into their half, oh, wait......................

• Options
    edited September 2014
  • Options
    Kenny Jackett was the class act at Millwall, now having gone to Wolves and rescued them from the( big fish in a small pond) !st division.

He had several big earners from the prem days, who he has ignored and created his own team which judging not just by how many points, acculmulated. but the attacking intent.

What they would have given for a John Richard's or Steve Bull to execute the myriad of chances they had last night.
  • Options
    McDonald ran the show!
  • Options

Kenny Jackett was the class act at Millwall, now having gone to Wolves and rescued them from the( big fish in a small pond) !st division.

He had several big earners from the prem days, who he has ignored and created his own team which judging not just by how many points, acculmulated. but the attacking intent.

What they would have given for a John Richard's or Steve Bull to execute the myriad of chances they had last night.

PS. What we would have given for a Hales or Mendonca to finish off the Five clear cut chances we had !
    (No offence to Igor as you are a little Gem)

• Options
    Jackett has been there a while whereas Peeters is in his fourth month. Much of their squad has been together for a while whereas our first choice XI is 2/3 brand new. Thing is we have the youngest squad in the league on long term deal ( apart from a few) so I'm more than happy to see us competing at the right end of the table even if there is obvious room for improvement.
    We need the club to keep pushing on else the best players will want out and the board will be tempted to cash in.
    Everyone wants just one more forward which is why Delort (who?) goes for €4m. For the moment I'd just like to see our first choice midfield evolve along with Vetokele +1 up front. We need to stop giving the ball away on the cheap and gradually the team will gel.