Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton v Wolves - Post Match Views

Sounded a decent game and the unbeaten run continues, though despite being in the lead it sounded more a point gained rather than two dropped.

Comments

• Options
    Definitely a point gained. Sloppy play and a general lack of urgency. Also we seemed incapable of putting a cross in. Frustrating but better than a loss.
  • Options
    Only watched on a twitchy stream, but seemed very open, too open from our point of view at times. Seemed to be hanging on first half of the second. Still, unbeaten and Wolves will probably be a decent side this year.
  • Options
    Good result against a team that are probably one of the favourites for promotion. Shame we couldn't hold on. Bring on Saturday!
  • Options
    If we don't get more protection than that from most refs then our squad is not gonna last long...
  • Options
    Richard Crawley reporting on Twitter that Vetokele was helped off the pitch at the end with his arm being supported and looked to be in agony ??? Anyone know anything
  • Options
    Still unbeaten. Seem to be trying to play the right way. A lot of decent performances, but no standouts. Still seem to be getting to know each other to me, but plenty more to come from a young side.
  • Options
    Only watched online, decent point - looked better when bulot came on and gave us something different attacking wise. I think that although we have had a fantastic start to the season we are desperately shy of a creative midfielder and a forward, although we are trying to pass the ball there seems to be a lack of movement in the final third (Igor aside) and no cutting edge.......I would have loved to have seen Jensen in this team.

• Options
    Happy with the result, and happy with the league position at this point. But we can't carry on having less than 40pc possession at home this year. We just can't get the ball and when the other team has 10 or 15 chances per game they will score more often than not.

Thought Wilson was back to the pre alright phase tonight and that didn't help young Gomez. Allied to Wiggins getting a roasting and we were getting done out wide.

Not sure about Bulot but it was a short cameo. Just seemed to run after the ball but at least he gave it a go. Think Moussa is worth a shout on Saturday.

And we urgently need JBG back.
  • Options
    Fair result in he end, we did ride our luck. A lack of movement when we had the ball.
    Stil a win on Saturday will get us back to 2 pts per game and that's promotion form.
  • Options
    Unless we get an attacking central midfielder and a forward who can hold up the ball we will be looking at 40% possession stats all season.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited September 2014
    Good point after the other home results we have had, i thought we played a lot better then Saturday in an attacking sense.

Oh and Bikey back-flip, just when you thought the man love could not get any stronger, just like everyone else, love this man..........
  • Options
    Glad to stay unbeaten against a good side, but we could've done more, letting them have so much possession at home, having to defend for long stretches was not optimal, but a good point gained.

And the ref was really, really poor. Not that he made one game-changing decision, he was just inconsistent and gave way too many small fouls to Wolves compared to what we got.
  • Options
    attendance was 15,973 with1,644 away fans
  • Options
    thought moussa was much improved and bulot looked lively
  • Options
    We are still 5th....

Copyright @oohaahmortimer‌
  • Options
    Really worrying that we had very little possession again 39-61 tonight - and Wolves opened us up really easily again. If it continues like that then we will get beat more than we win.But saying that, we are still unbeaten- dont quite know how, but we are.
  • Options
    Point gained. I always want a win at home, but sometimes, you have to accept a draw is a decent result. A bit worried about Vetokele.
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    If you had told me before Saturday that we would be outplayed by Watford and Wolves yet still come away undefeated with four more points I would have taken that all day long but we haven't come to terms that we are punching above our weight.

Tonight wasn't good.
    We were very negative, continuously passing the ball across the back four and creating very little up front.

Jacko looked off the pace. Gomez wasn't great going forward and Igor desperately needs support from midfield.

On the plus side, our centre halfs were immense again and the support was great but please let's play more positively.

• Options
    Sounded like the ref was a joke how much did wolves pay him tonight? Still, unbeaten after 7 games and winnable game on Saturday.. Take that all day long! Coyr
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

But saying that, we are still unbeaten- dont quite know how, but we are.

bob built the goalposts 10% wider...

• Options
    Worried by Bikey's lapses of concentration.
  • Options
    Worrying if Vetokele is injured. Very worrying.
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    Most partisan ref (against us) for some time. Prior to their goal thought he'd played advantage and would call play back but they went on to win corner for goal. Gave us nothing. TBH clattered 20 minutes in, played on but never went back to book their guy.

Pleased we tried to push up despite the paciest forwards we have faced so far.
  • Options
    Players seem to be able to get in between our lines of defence and midfield really easily - which does not surprise me when we sit back so much and let the opposition dictate.

For me Gerogie T and the midfield pairing off Jackson and Buyens is not offering enough when we have the ball. Though we are unbeaten, so what do I know.

Thought Moussa and Bulot looked lively, Bulot especially looked to move the ball with pace.
  • Options
    Not much to add but they were much better than us imo throughout the pitch.

We didn't have a cutting edge to see out an attack and time after time put our foot on the ball and play backwards, the difference between us and the top sides Ive seen in this league so far.

We look like we didn't believe in ourselves tonight which was a shame.

Still, unbeaten run continues and a fortunate point imo, better than playing brilliant and losing.
  • Options
    Without a doubt a point gained. Feel that we missed Gudmundsson. Hope Igor is okay.
  • Options
    Awful second half, we seem to have no idea where to pass the ball when going forward.

Happy to knock it around in areas which don't harm the opposition. I fear we may become predictable In the way we play.

Seriously missed gudmonsonn, hope his injury isn't a bad one and is back soon.

• Options
    Worried about Igor physio holding his arm and Bob and beast's face said it all