Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Reclaim The Antigallican ?

Comments

• Options
    i popped in there after the walsall match as train was delayed by 20 mins and we had already left the oak, asked for 3 whiskeys and coke and the barman proceeded to pour the coke from a flat 2 litre bottle on the bar.
  • Options
    The few times I've been in there on non match days (Friday late afternoons and Sunday lunchtime) to meet me mates, it's been empty. Football and a cut of the B&B was probably the main things keeping it going.

More flats ffs
  • Options
    edited March 2018
    Was in there after the game on Saturday, they are going to only open on match days for the next few weeks then will close down.
  • Options
    "I met my mates in an empty pub".
  • Options
    RIP
  • Options
    Chew on about now @Jizz
  • Options
    Been in there once in 40 years - place is a dump. However, I still don't like to see pubs close. Maybe it's the local demographic make-up and it's just not used anymore. You certainly can't make money trading two Saturday's a month.
  • Options
    addick05 said:

Been in there once in 40 years - place is a dump. However, I still don't like to see pubs close. Maybe it's the local demographic make-up and it's just not used anymore. You certainly can't make money trading two Saturday's a month.

Gotta be honest, I've never really noticed what sort of slap the treacles had on
  • Options
    addick05 said:

certainly not on away fans in league one
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I've only ever been in there once. I was having stomach issues on the train home and had to jump off at Charlton and dash in there before I had an accident. Sad to see yet another pub close but to be honest, that's about all the place was good for.
  • Options

might be an African church there cant be one for over 100m or more

A mosque, I hope.
  • Options

razil said:

why can away fans not drink in the ground

Cos there arent enough toilets on the Coaches / Trains home ;)
    Sounds like Southeastern trains at the minute; loads of toilets out of order - imagine travelling up from Dover and Ramsgate etc and not being able to use the loo! Unbelievable - like a bloody third world country! Southeastern reckon they will have 'solved the problem' by the end of April -people have been taking plastic bottles in case of emergencies. Absolutely unacceptable and disgraceful. (Rant over!)

• Options
    Weatherspoon's?

Museum?

Gastro/Real ale pub

• Options
    whilst being a dump, it does provide a perfect spot to house away fans.

Gonna be a big problem going forward for pre-match drinkers who don't want their ritual interrupted with p1ssed, singing away fans
  • Options

Weatherspoon's?

Museum?

Gastro/Real ale pub

My money's on a museum. Boom industry at the moment
  • Options

Weatherspoon's?

Museum?

Gastro/Real ale pub

Museum or mosque?

Make your mind up ffs
  • Options

Weatherspoon's?

Museum?

Gastro/Real ale pub

Museum or mosque?

Make your mind up ffs
    Maybe a museum of mosques?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Do all grounds have to have a local to counter for away fans? Doubt it. Anyone been to the Riverside? I went on PV's away day and braved the local. Truely scarey place. Bar staff are all on a raised diaiss so they can't be attacked and I had to order with a faux French accent to avoid being seen as a Londoner.

I think you'll find they do
  • Options

Weatherspoon's?

Museum?

Gastro/Real ale pub

Museum or mosque?

Make your mind up ffs
    Already a mosque opposite the club shop. Maybe if they move into the Anti the museum can have their building. Would save the broken lift problem.
  • Options
    Use to play football outside there
  • Options

whilst being a dump, it does provide a perfect spot to house away fans.

Gonna be a big problem going forward for pre-match drinkers who don't want their ritual interrupted with p1ssed, singing away fans

They can have the Pilot as that is the nearest pub to the new ground on the peninsula.

• Options
    edited March 2018

Weatherspoon's?

Museum?

Gastro/Real ale pub

Museum or mosque?

Make your mind up ffs
    Already a mosque opposite the club shop. Maybe if they move into the Anti the museum can have their building. Would save the broken lift problem.
    I was just trying to get a bite from Goonerhater. Failed miserably.
  • Options
    The ROD will now get the overflow, will have to find another boozer now. Sigh...
  • Options
    Forgot to say the barmaid did say whoever takes it over has to keep it as a pub, however true that is I do not know.
  • Options
    The Antigallican closes as Brexit gets nearer.
  • Options
    https://charltonchampion.co.uk/2017/08/16/councillors-back-plan-to-add-flats-and-gym-to-antigallican-pub/

According to this story from last year the pub bit would stay, and it was the hotel section that would close?