Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Best goal ever scored at The Valley in your time - either for or against The Addicks?

For: Ray Treacy vs Derby County - yes, I guess I am getting on a bit!
Against: Robin Van Persie vs Arsenal

Comments

• Options
    Shaun Bartlett for me too
    Ian Marshall for Oldham always sticks out
  • Options
    Yann Kermorgant v Hartlepool

Robin van Persie (Arsenal) or Mark Viduka (Middlesbrough)
  • Options
    Patrick Berger for Pompey
  • Options
    Bartlett vs Leicester
    Stephens vs Bury
    Tucudean vs derby.
  • Options
    http://www.charltonlife.com/discussion/3562/the-week-that-was-saturday-18th-january-1969-charlton-2-derby-county-0
    Treacy was facing his own goal, 30-35 yards from the Derby goal, turned on a sixpence and crashed into the top right corner.
    If they'd had the technology to measure the speed of shots in those days it would be up there, I reckon
  • Options
    Bartlett for us

Rvp against us. Or maybe Thierry Henry
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    Berger's was sensational. Henry scored a fantastic free kick for Arsenal one season as well. Postage stamp. Also, what about the Elk's goal against Arsenal as well!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Kermorgant v Hartlepool
    Van Persie vs Charlton
  • Options
    purdis said:

For: Ray Treacy vs Derby County - yes, I guess I am getting on a bit!
    Against: Robin Van Persie vs Arsenal

100% agree.
  • Options
    Sean newtons v Ipswich

Rvp v arsenal
  • Options
    Jon Fortune
  • Options
    Got to be RVP for me too. It was only the other day that I dug that seasons highlights DVD out to show my son that goal.
  • Options
    I remember Aaron Wilbraham scoring an absolute belter for MK dons. Luckily for us, we went on to win 5-1
  • Options
    Solskjaer's tap in after Giggs' stupendous effort hit the bar kinda had me thinking wow.

Bartlett for us.
  • Options

Yann Kermorgant v Hartlepool

I was sitting right in line with the bye line when the cross came over for Kermo and could see the second he hit it that it was in - genius.
    I had a pint before the game and subsequently went to the loo twice during the match - and missed both Hartlepool goals!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Van Persie:Berger:Barlett:Stephens:Yann,Austin, wait a mo,

What about the home game against Derby, Danny Haynes who limped off a few mins after with a hamstring pull in tears. That day seem to sum up Danny career at Charlton.
  • Options
    Bartlett's for us. Treacy's was a great strike (and featured on 'The Big Match', I think) but Bartlett's technique from a great ball from Graham Stuart was sublime.

Ole Gunnar Solskjær for Manchester United - not for his finish (which was very tidy) but for Ryan Gigg's audacious effort from the halfway line.
  • Options
    Claus Jensen Vs Blackburn.Volley with the outside of his right foot, curled it round Friedel and just inside the post. A beautiful goal.
  • Options
    For - Bartlett

Against - No Idea who the team was (maybe Oxford) or even the player. but it was a League Cup tie about 10 yrs ago & the usual defeat by lower league opposition .......bloke hit a curling shot into the top corner from about 30 yards which sealed our fate.
  • Options
    Must be Bartlett...
  • Options
    However, I will throw in Johansson's overhead kick in the 4-4 goal v West Ham. Televised too.

I also remember an FA Cup game against Exeter, when Johansson did it twice in the same game!
  • Options

Claus Jensen Vs Blackburn.Volley with the outside of his right foot, curled it round Friedel and just inside the post. A beautiful goal.

Jensen was a magic man with a football - his goal at Highbury! Happy days
  • Options

Shaun Bartlett for me too
    Ian Marshall for Oldham always sticks out

Ian marshall was a great goal. all sides of the ground applauded.
  • Options
    For: bartlett
    against: RVP
  • Options
    If you're look at rvps goal again it comes off his shin which keeps it low if it comes off his foot it goes into the stand