Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Madrid derby

Comments

• Exciting game to watch. The technical ability and the pace, at times, is amazing.
  • 2-0. Atletico need a goal quickly.
  • Real threatening to run riot at times. Atletico need to get this back to the Calderon with no more than a two goal deficit.
  • Game over.
  • Ronaldo hasn't even been the best player on the pitch.

He's actually a freak of nature.
  • Far too easy for Real, Atletico weren't at the races. No way back for them from here. Would like to see a Real v Monaco final but fancy it will probably be Juve.
  • Very disappointed how overawed Atletico seemed, almost like a return to the pre-Simeone inferiority complex times. Although a comeback in the home leg is not impossible it looks very unlikely.

Real could be the first team since AC Milan in 1990 to retain the Champions League and will probably win La Liga as well. Zidane is doing a great job there.
  • Really disappointing from Atleti. Griezmann didn't even get a sniff. Defensively under Zidane Madrid have improved I think. Rarely concede goals at home especially in Europe.

Ronaldo just defies logic.
  • Very disappointed how overawed Atletico seemed, almost like a return to the pre-Simeone inferiority complex times. Although a comeback in the home leg is not impossible it looks very unlikely.

Real could be the first team since AC Milan in 1990 to retain the Champions League and will probably win La Liga as well. Zidane is doing a great job there.

Fine margins though. If they get pipped to the title and lose the CL final, Perez will probably sack him!
  • Athletico players should be embarrassed by that performance. Especially after the second goal. No passion or urgency to try to get back into the game. No one wanted to run with the ball and the passing was hopeless. It was like they were all recovering from a heavy night or that it was a protest against Simone. Subs were dreadful as well. In fact I reckon welling would of gave Real a better game.

Real on the other hand were their usual fast and clinical self's.
  • Sponsored links:

• It's beyond me why we cannot put a sneaky bid in for Ronaldo and bring him to the real home of football!!!, I'm sure we can charltonise him by October!
  • It's beyond me why we cannot put a sneaky bid in for Ronaldo and bring him to the real home of football!!!, I'm sure we can charltonise him by October!

He never wants to come back after what Kishishev did to him.
  • Apparently doesn't perform in big games though.

First ever back to back hat-tricks in the Knock Out stages.
  • That Ronaldo lad if he keeps his head down, train hard and watch his lifestyle he just might have a decent career in the game.
  • Been banging on to all that will listen that Atletico will finally win it this year. Last night put that to bed. Looks near enough impossible, was the perfect home leg performance from Real, and classic Ronaldo

But can he do it on a wet Tuesday night in Stoke?

But can he do it on a wet Tuesday night in Stoke?
    Yes, yes he can
  • Ronaldo now 1 away from 400 goals for Real...............and he's played 389 games!!

In the same time he's been at Madrid, Messi has played 418 games and scored 422 goals.

Incredible scoring that most of us will never see again in our lifetimes.
  • Can Atletico complete an unthinkable comeback in the last ever European night at the Calderon?

I don't think so but there is a lot of excitement about it here!
  • Sponsored links:

• edited May 2017
    Hoping Atletico can at least restore some pride after the disastrous first leg for them.
  • Surprised if there is not a red card in this match.
  • 1-0 to Athletic(o) exciting game so far
  • edited May 2017
    Real look a bit rattled. Athletico seem like they are on drugs.
  • 2-0
    Game well and truly on.
  • Definite pen.
  • Bar I am in is about 50/50 Real/Atletico. Tense atmosphere!
  • Bar I am in is about 50/50 Real/Atletico. Tense atmosphere!
  • I mentioned in the annoy you thread last week Darren Fletcher on commentary for BT hardly takes a breath and never uses 2 words when 10 will do.

It's his insistence on saying the players full name almost every time they touch the ball. If he just stuck to surnames like everyone else he would be alright.