Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The Madrid derby

Comments

• Options
    Great save from Oblak earlier, bit unlucky with the goal
  • Options
    Massive deflection - off Savic's backside it looked like.
  • Options
    Oblak is such a good goalie. Can't stop Ronaldo tho.
  • Options
    Isco is having a good game in behind Ronaldo. I haven't seen Real in a 4-2-3-1 before. They normally go 4-3-3.
  • Options
    Said earlier Ronaldo hasn't kick started this season, goes and scores a (dubious) hattrick
  • Options
    Ronaldo now has 39 hat tricks in 7 and a bit seasons at Madrid
  • Options
    The mans a freak. Best ever for me (altho my fav is fat Ronaldo)
  • Options
    Real looking ominously strong now, and with Barca dropping points today the title is theirs to lose.
  • Options
    Still far too early in the season, anything can happen. If Barca win El Clasico in a couple of weeks then it all closes right up

• Options
    Madrid derby for fourth Champions League year in a row tonight. Time for Atletico to break Real's winning run against them in this competition, like they did a few years ago in La Liga. Very hopeful they will, although quite pessimistic.

Predictions?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Can only see Real winning this one.
    Saying that I think Juve will do them in the final.
  • Options
    Thing is, Real Madrid have a squad of players this year that are all capable of starting for them and winning matches. The played last week without Benzema, Bale, Ronaldo, Ramos, Carvahal, Modric and Navas, and won 6-2, there's not many teams in world football that can do that.

I think they'll have too much for Atletico, but the final, if they get there, probably against Juventus, will be a very different story
  • Options
    edited May 2017
    I predict some dubious referring decisions to go in favour of Real but I guess that goes without saying
  • Options
    Should be a good match. Looking forward to it. Love watching Marcello at the moment. Hope Real win and go on to stuff Juventus. No doubt the usual anti elite football brigade on here already have their posts about Ronaldo, diving, dodgy ref decisions, real football can only be seen on a wet Tuesday night at Welling, already drafted up and ready to fire off at the first opportunity.
  • Options
    Sergio Ramos red card, nailed on.
  • Options

Sergio Ramos red card, nailed on.

Or a last minute headed winner! One of my all time favourite central defenders.
  • Options
    Difficult one, don't really like Real but then again i think Atletico whilst they always do well, are really boring to watch. An Atletico v Juve final wouldn't be enjoyable.
  • Options

Difficult one, don't really like Real but then again i think Atletico whilst they always do well, are really boring to watch. An Atletico v Juve final wouldn't be enjoyable.

Think I'd like a Real v Monaco final just because of how end to end it would be, but any combination will be a good match.
  • Options
    Atletico's organisation and focus on teamwork do mean they can be seen as a bit workmanlike but they can turn on the style as well, with Saul and Griezmann being exciting players with a lot of pace and flair. Atletico are usually really pumped up against the rich neighbours as well, so hoping they turn it on tonight to give Real another poke in the eye.

Far more red and white shirts on the streets around me than white ones today, and a massive buzz in the city - it's a great place for a football fan!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

i'm not bothering with this match because you know the ref will be brought, Ronaldo will be diving all game, i cant stand Marcellos face and anyway real football can only be seen on a wet Tuesday night at Welling.

English referee, Martin Atkinson .. unlikely he's been 'got at' .. weakened Athletico will defend to the end .. will it be enough ? .. probably not
  • Options
    The pitch looks like it has not had a single game played on it for months!
  • Options
    There's only one Martin Atkinson.
  • Options

There's only one Martin Atkinson.

Has he given Chelsea another penalty?
  • Options
    Atletico are in an orthodox 4-4-2. Nothing fancy. You don't see that very often these days. Real in their usual 4-1-2-3.
  • Options
    1-0 Ronaldo
  • Options
    Ronaldo has now scored more Champions League goals than Atletico Madrid!!
  • Options
    Great goalkeeping from both Oblak and Navas. Enjoyable game so far.
  • Options
    Real are dictating the tempo and pattern of the play so far and overloading the full back areas. Atletico are getting pushed too deep, on top of the keeper.
  • Options
    Good spell now by Atletico, they stopped Real getting out in short periods and are coming back into the game.