Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Formula E

Starts this weekend in Beijing.

Some interesting ideas such as points for fastest lap and pole position, not sure I agree with the idea of extra boost for a driver picked by fans though.

Be interested to see how it takes off, hopefully Dario Franchitti wins against some rubbish ex F1 drivers.

Comments

• Options
    The "fanboost" made me cringe so hard my face melted.
  • Options
    Ah Jerry, always makes me smile.

My company sponsors this. Will be interested to see how it goes, there's some interesting features in the app, but fanboost seems a bit like an innovation too far
  • Options
    Could be a great way to get companies to invest in battery technology which will eventually trickle down to the real world.
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    I thought this was something that told us the probability of getting relegated... did i dream that?
  • Options
    I'm more of Preparation H man.
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    Uboat said:

I'm more of Preparation H man.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mi5kXcc-TJ8
  • Options
    The cars sound dog turd.

I thought the new generation F1 cars were bad. This is a whole new level for an old school motorsport fan like me.
  • Options
    buckshee said:

Can't see any White Doves on that chart?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

buckshee said:

Can't see any White Doves on that chart?
    Nor Triple-Sub or Clarkey-Cats.
  • Options
    Or aspirins.
  • Options
    or Mitsubishi turbos
  • Options
    Surprised by the amount of overtaking so far, but the whole formation lap and safety car laps were far far too slow, I guess being brand new they are just being super conservative for now, but it's good to see so many big name drivers and teams taking part
  • Options
    They sound like scalextric cars
  • Options
    Pit change is odd
  • Options

Looks slow.
  • Options
    Christ that crash. Thought Nh was dead there. I would never stop punching Prost after that. Scum
  • Options
    I don't mind the noise to be honest, I think people are too quick to moan about it because it isn't a grunting roaring v12 with a supercharger

Btw, that is why nico prost is a drivers agent and not a driver, what the fuck was he thinking, he's lucky he didn't kill Quick Nick
  • Options
    Man, I was amazed that bloke walked (well run actually) out of that.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Thought this thread was somebody with piles looking for advice!
  • Options
    That was a serious crash. That false wall really took the shock well I think. Lucky it was there or he would have been dead.

Stupid driving.
  • Options

or Mitsubishi turbos

All about dominoes now days, 220mg of MDMA that makes mitsis seem like proplus :)
  • Options

Handy for those people with easy access to the DLR to watch,race finishes inside the ExCel centre.

A Formula E race on the streets of London will be held in 2020, series organisers have announced.

The race will take place around the London Docklands and the ExCel centre.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/motorsport/47449228

• Options
    As a motorsport purist, even though the action on track can be ok, I just can’t warm to the lack of sound and comparative lack of speed. It’s why they race on such small circuits - to make the cars look faster 
  • Options
    I hate the circuits they choose, the endless chicanes and double hairpins do nothing for the racing and only highlight how clunky and slow the cars are IMO