Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Ooohhhhh Igor Vetokele.....

Comments

• Options

Scoham said:

Valley11 said:

KR already decided he wasn’t part of his plans when he kept Watt and packed Igor off to Belgium. So why bring him back now? (If that is the case)
    Oh yeah, cos it’s cheap.

Probably on a big wage though, he signed a 5 year deal in the Championship.
    Rather him scoring for us on a high wage, than scoring for someone else, still paying towards that high wage.
    This this and more this
  • Options
    edited December 2017
    Tbh i thought ignor was quality under peeters..

Quick, good finisher

Always made me get up on my feet when he got the ball
  • Options
    Its an old shirt,old photo - isnt the bloke in front of him the old Belgian coach with big tits?
  • Options
    Can see Igor being played as a winger or behind Magennis under this formation.
  • Options
    I'd like to see Fosu play the number 10 role and have Holmes, Magennis and a goalscorer (Igor could fit that bill) be fluid in terms of positions.
  • Options
    Same old same old. KR says I need a striker. Roland rummages around in cupboard and finds one of his cast offs. All this after first saying "Have you got any youth players?"
  • Options
    I was awaiting some network players to show up on last minute 'undisclosed' deals so that Duchatelet can leg us or the taxman over downstream. I will bet my house that Igor wasn't on Big Karl's January shopping list. This should be worthy of a very direct response from Mr Robinson.
  • Options
    Fake news
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I think it’s highly highly unlikely that we will see Igor in a Charlton shirt again.
  • Options
    As much as i like Igor he is not the answer to our striker problems. We have enough players out injured as it is and seem to be only a matter of time before he gets crocked. He's that type of player.
  • Options
    edited December 2017

As much as i like Igor he is not the answer to our striker problems. We have enough players out injured as it is and seem to be only a matter of time before he gets crocked. He's that type of player.

Agreed, he’d be quiet a bit of a punt imo if he is the only striker coming in. The patch of form that gets everyone so excited was 3 seasons ago now and, both here and out on loan, he hasn’t come close to replicating it since. That’s when he’s even been fit enough to play.
  • Options
    buckshee said:

If we get the Igor that started that first season in the Championship he will rip defences in this division to pieces.

There are a number of issues with him coming back here. Biggest one for me is the fact that I honestly feel he resents the club for wheeling hin out game after game while he was clearly injured. The club could have potentially ended hia career with that move. I’m not sure he will be 100% up for coming back.

The other major issue is Robinson’s 4-2-3-1. He doesn’t fit that formation at all. If he comes back and we stick him up front on his own while we are creating next to nothing in matches, his head will go down pretty quickly and we all know the crowd will get on his back.

I hope it happens and works out, but have a feeling it won’t.

Hopefully the club he comes back to won’t be the one that treated him so poorly though if you get my drift.
    I’m pretty sure we are still Charlton :smiley:
  • Options
    masicat said:

When my grandson was a Charlton supporter.

Which one is your grandson? The kid or Ben Haim?
  • Options
    The questions 're Igor are firstly is he match fit and secondly does he want to play for us.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    vffvff
    edited December 2017

Agreed, he’d be quiet a bit of a punt imo if he is the only striker coming in. The patch of form that gets everyone so excited was 3 seasons ago now and, both here and out on loan, he hasn’t come close to replicating it since. That’s when he’s even been fit enough to play.
    What else do you expect from Duchatelet ? Recall a couple of loans & bring in a couple of loans. Fees unlikely in the current circumstance.

Sure it might not work but if there are sufficient strikers then rotation & the ability to rest a player when there is a knock may be just the ticket. If Vetekele was able to be rested the first time around, he may have a storming full season rather than excellent half season ruined by injury.
  • Options
    edited December 2017
    Got knocked off the ball too easy for me. Light weight powder puff.

Underwhelmed.
  • Options
    vff said:

Underwhelmed.

That’s not the memory of Vetekele that I have from his first great patch before the injury.
    Don’t worry. It’s not his either.

• Options
    Any news redhenry ??
  • Options

vff said:

Underwhelmed.

That’s not the memory of Vetekele that I have from his first great patch before the injury.
    Don’t worry. It’s not his either.

Precisely the point. It could admittedly go either away but Vetekele was very good in his first spell. I am in Happy New Year positivity mode, so am prepared to look positively on what is likely to happen. Proof of the pudding will be in the eating. Hopefully, a positive change of ownership will help all.