Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Ooohhhhh Igor Vetokele.....

Comments

• buckshee said:

Old shirt, not old pic.

Players often keep old kit and training kit to wear around the house or to the gym.

That's all the pic is.

Would still love to have him back.

Not talking about the training kit one Ben , the one he posted this morning.

That's interesting. He'd walk this league.
  • Does seem strange that he'd post a pic of him in a Charlton kit as opposed to the kit of the side he's currently at.
  • buckshee said:

Old shirt, not old pic.

Players often keep old kit and training kit to wear around the house or to the gym.

That's all the pic is.

As previously said by someone
    We said the same about Watt

If he doesnt fancy it, i give it till.the end of jan till people on here are offering to drive him back to belgium
  • buckshee said:

Old shirt, not old pic.

That's all the pic is.

If he doesnt fancy it, i give it till.the end of jan till people on here are offering to drive him back to belgium
    That's what I'm saying. Now were out the network (well hopefully soon) we can just sell him on or move him on end of. The beauty of not being in a network, get rid of the crap we don't need.
  • Don't get excited, Roland is just sending him over to help KM move and drive the hired can, will save paying a removal company.
  • Valley11 said:

KR already decided he wasn’t part of his plans when he kept Watt and packed Igor off to Belgium. So why bring him back now? (If that is the case)
    Oh yeah, cos it’s cheap.

It’s not cheap
  • I think Robbo could get him playing again.

And maybe he needs to playing for a good contract when this one ends?
  • Sponsored links:

• edited December 2017

you know he probably just likes the photo

To be honest its a decent photo. Got the love heart spot on.
  • Duchatelet wants out and won’t be keen to spend. The team desperately needs a striker. Strikers that are decent cost money. Igor is our player and is decent.

All the pieces of the jigsaw fit providing Igor is prepared to put in the effort and isn’t dragged back to The Valley kicking and screaming.

• Watched him at STVV a few times the back end of last season, he looked sharp and scored a few. The proplem is his injury record, seems he can't stay fit for any length of time.
  • buckshee said:

Old shirt, not old pic.

That's all the pic is.

When he was her before he spent most of his time walking about in the pitch.....

TBF he was forced to play through injury.

A fit Vetokele is better than anything that we already have, he is is still our player, so let’s get him back and see what he can do.
  • edited December 2017

Watched him at STVV a few times the back end of last season, he looked sharp and scored a few. The proplem is his injury record, seems he can't stay fit for any length of time.

He'll slot back in perfectly then :wink:
  • He hasnt scored since 26th August
  • We do love strikers that don't score.
  • Sponsored links:

• He hasnt scored since 26th August

That's recent compared to Best who hasn't scored for two seasons!
  • edited December 2017
    I would imagine it is cheaper to bring back Igor who is our player anyway, than purchase a player of similar quality - if indeed one is available to us. Having said that, looks like a kind message to Charlton fans more than anything.
  • edited December 2017
    Perhaps Duchâtelet wants a fee for him ?
  • We ruined Igor with the mismanagement of his injury :-1:

This
  • buckshee said:

Old shirt, not old pic.

That's all the pic is.

Except Igor did it for us in the Championship. Watt didn't. No comparison.
    Both had decent but brief spells for us in the Championship, indeed in the same season 2014/15!
  • If we get the Igor that started that first season in the Championship he will rip defences in this division to pieces.

There are a number of issues with him coming back here. Biggest one for me is the fact that I honestly feel he resents the club for wheeling hin out game after game while he was clearly injured. The club could have potentially ended hia career with that move. I’m not sure he will be 100% up for coming back.

The other major issue is Robinson’s 4-2-3-1. He doesn’t fit that formation at all. If he comes back and we stick him up front on his own while we are creating next to nothing in matches, his head will go down pretty quickly and we all know the crowd will get on his back.

I hope it happens and works out, but have a feeling it won’t.

Hopefully the club he comes back to won’t be the one that treated him so poorly though if you get my drift.
  • Valley11 said:

KR already decided he wasn’t part of his plans when he kept Watt and packed Igor off to Belgium. So why bring him back now? (If that is the case)
    Oh yeah, cos it’s cheap.

Probably on a big wage though, he signed a 5 year deal in the Championship.