Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

PFA Player Of The Year

edited April 2007 in General Charlton
Harsh that oooh Scotty Carson hasn't been nominated in the young player category in my humble opinion!

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/main.jhtml?xml=/sport/2007/04/17/sfnpfa17.xml

Comments

• Options
    Yeah true. Anyway if Ronaldo doesn't win this, they'll be no justice
  • Options
    Ronaldo should win them both by a country mile....
  • Options
    Ronado, Drogba, Gerrard 1,2,3

Ronaldo, Doyle, Rooney 1,2,3
  • Options
    Agreed, Ronaldo by far and away. Could watch him all day long.

Who would of thought we would of said that last August ?
  • Options
    As someone who never blamed him for the Rooney sending off, I would.
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    [cite]Posted By: Rothko[/cite]As someone who never blamed him for the Rooney sending off, I would.

it was an emotional day in that brockley boozer last summer. in hindsight your cold sobriety told a truer story.
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    [cite]Posted By: LenGlover[/cite]Harsh that oooh Scotty Carson hasn't been nominated in the young player category in my humble opinion!

Or Kish!
  • Options
    He's done wonders at Leeds.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: AFKA Bartram[/cite]Agreed, Ronaldo by far and away. Could watch him all day long.

Who would of thought we would of said that last August ?[/quote]

Despite the tabloid agenda Ronaldo had nothing to do with Rooney getting sent-off.
  • Options
    One view I heard was that with so many Man U players nominated, they will split the vote and Drogba will win it.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Raheem Sterling currently 100/30 which I think is great odds. 

VVD 4/9 fav but hopefully the players dislike Liverpool as much as the public 
  • Options

I am not sure the general public dislike Liverpool?   I certainly don't ?
  • Options
    supaclive said:

Me neither, I want them to win the league. Love Klopp and the way he goes about his business.
  • Options
    supaclive said:

Most large football social media accounts comments have Liverpool down as generally being loathed.
  • Options
    supaclive said:

Me neither, I want them to win the league. Love Klopp and the way he goes about his business.
    Spending millions and not winning anything?
  • Options
    supaclive said:

Most large football social media accounts comments have Liverpool down as generally being loathed.
    More than Man U or Chelski? I doubt it

The fondness most neutral fans had for City 10 years ago has faded too.
  • Options
    Used to dislike Liverpool, but loved Brendan Rodgers & now love Klopp, hope they win the league
  • Options
    Sergio Aguero.  This guy should win it but for some reason VVD and Sterling are getting the plaudits. 
  • Options
    Sergio Aguero.  This guy should win it but for some reason VVD and Sterling are getting the plaudits. 
    Am I right in saying he has never won it? Madness for a player that good
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Unbelievable that he’s never won it.  I find it odd he’s being compared with Henry recently as the greatest ever PL player but then the subject switches to PFA 2018/19 and it’s “so Sterling or VVD?” 
  • Options
    Unbelievable that he’s never won it.  I find it odd he’s being compared with Henry recently as the greatest ever PL player but then the subject switches to PFA 2018/19 and it’s “so Sterling or VVD?” 
    Even more unbelievable that ( I think) he made the PFA team of the season for the first time last year
  • Options
    Exactly JDDD

Last season was first time.
  • Options
    Was reading this thread yesterday, thinking it has to be Aguero. But players vote for the trendy, fashionable name that journalists pump out so it'll be Sterling, VVD or Son.
  • Options
    Aguero probably suffers in these votes as some people probably feel that as a striker, he has it "easy" at City, with the quality of players making chances for him. Wasn't Pep a bit sceptical about him in the early days too, saying he had to improve etc
  • Options
    Going through the previous winners, I'm not sure i can make a case for Aguero winning it any year other than 14/15 when Hazard won it - Aguero won the golden boot that year and Hazard as good as he is, is very overrated imo. Doesn't do enough consistently. When people compare Hazard to the likes of Ronaldo, Messi, Neymar, Mbappe etc. its laughable  
  • Options
    What if a player is the 2nd best player every year.
    Can you give him the award one year because he 'should have won it by now'

Aguero is one of the best players in the league of the last 10 years, but every year he seems to be pipped by someone having the season of their life.
  • Options
    What if a player is the 2nd best player every year.
    Can you give him the award one year because he 'should have won it by now'

Aguero is one of the best players in the league of the last 10 years, but every year he seems to be pipped by someone having the season of their life.
    It's what they did with Giggs the other year.
  • Options
    supaclive said:

Spending millions and not winning anything?
    Ther facts show that Liverpool's NET spend over the last few years is far less than any of the top 6 except for Spurs. Gross spend is high but much of this has been funded by the sales of the likes of Courtinho, Suarez, Carroll, Sterling