Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

(Darren) Bent to sign

Comments

• Options
    edited September 2014
    Well if the Sevenoaks Chronicle says its happening...

Incredible spelling mistake of our name on that story too!
  • Options
    Will be decent
  • Options
    if true, awesome. but kinda doubt it as wages would be high.
  • Options
    maybe we can resurrect his career but my mate who supports Villa was extremely unimpressed with him while he was there ... reckoned he was lazy and uninterested ... having said that, I'd love to see him back in a Charlton shirt and give it a try
  • Options
    Madz said:

if true, awesome. but kinda doubt it as wages would be high.

That's my concern as well. Isn't he on £70k a week? Watch us get gazumped by Ipswich now. It'll be like Delort all over again.
  • Options
    I think it'd end in tears. Plus, isn't he a replacement for Igor rather than a target man to compliment him?
  • Options

I think it'd end in tears. Plus, isn't he a replacement for Igor rather than a target man to compliment him?

I think he could perform either duty to be honest.
  • Options
    Baby bent back on loan. Good.
  • Options
    We couldn't even pay a fraction of his wages though. Villa would have to pay something like 80-90%.
  • Options
    Again I worry people will be expecting the Bent we used to have but he is older has played so few games and I think might struggle if he comes here
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Nooooooooooooo and nooooooooooooo again. The demise of one legend was near unbearable but to do it again?
  • Options
    he seems a shadow of his former self these days

would really like an honest reference from Paul Lambert first
  • Options
    I expect the story was originally taken from here and/or Twitter. Like Parker I'd be concerned that he's not the same player. Wouldn't want to use him as a target man either.
  • Options
    If it is possible and Bob Peeters wants him, I'd love to see him back with us, evoking memories of our 'glory' days!
  • Options
    Rizzo said:

We couldn't even pay a fraction of his wages though. Villa would have to pay something like 80-90%.

let's say we could pay 25% of his weekly wage of 70k that is still a decent saving for Villa seeing as he's barely getting off the bench for them and obviously at a low point in his career.

• Options

There is nothing in this rumour.

thanks Colin ;-))

However, what rumours do you have? Who were the two we were close to yesterday?
  • Options

Rizzo said:

let's say we could pay 25% of his weekly wage of 70k that is still a decent saving for Villa seeing as he's barely getting off the bench for them and obviously at a low point in his career.
    That would still put him on 17.5k/week. Any idea what sort of wages the rest of our squad are on?

• Options
    wonder if the 2 they were looking at yesterday will be available for loan
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited September 2014
    The names I heard being banded around were Harry Kane and Jay Emmanuel Thomas.
  • Options

Nooooooooooooo and nooooooooooooo again. The demise of one legend was near unbearable but to do it again?

Only if you try blowing smoke up their arses 24/7.

Let bubba Bent back and see if he can still do a job in the Championship...
  • Options

The names I heard being banded around were Harry Kane and Jay Emmanuel Thomas.

Harry Kane! No way! The guy is playing for Spurs regularly.
  • Options
    Harry Kane - not a chance, he's in the SPurs side !
  • Options

Harry Kane - not a chance, he's in the SPurs side !

Maybe Spurs were trying to get a forward in so they could loan him out.
  • Options
    I suspect we're going to have this "rumor" come around every transfer window for the next couple of years regarding Bent. As expected nothing in it at all other than a "wouldn't that be nice" bit of sentimentality from fans on social media.
  • Options
    cafctom said:

I suspect we're going to have this "rumor" come around every transfer window for the next couple of years regarding Bent. As expected nothing in it at all other than a "wouldn't that be nice" bit of sentimentality from fans on social media.

Darren Bent is the new Darren Purse.
  • Options
    Until Bentekele is back from long term injury, Villa need Bent in their squad
  • Options

There is nothing in this rumour.

If you don't mind, i'll wait for Mr Cawley to confirm, thank you very much....

:-)

I'm waiting for Colin.