Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Comments

• Options
    Any reason this is in Other Football and Sports?
  • Options
    Pleased they have said this. No danger of complacency with this regime I don't think. I reckon we might see a young prem striker in and Pigott out to league one. Not the ideal but I think the club only wanting the right players is a good stance.
  • Options
    Can't disagree with any of that and assumed it was the case.
  • Options
    Agree, I'm happy with what we have, miles better then last year! Let's see where we are in Jan
  • Options
    good statement
  • Options
    Happy with the communication. Hopefully we can loan out Pig and bring in a decent striker on loan.
  • Options
    Fair play. Obvious we need a striker, and they are doing their best to get one.
  • Options
    Fair play - we tried to get things done but for whatever reason it didn't work out. Can't argue with that.
  • Options
    We as a club remain confident that we have a squad that are more than capable of reaching the Premier League at the end of this season
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Fair play to the club for releasing this statement & keeping fans in the loop. Impressed!
  • Options

We as a club remain confident that we have a squad that are more than capable of reaching the Premier League at the end of this season

Dont know if it is just me, but I cant see that line?
    oops must have read that last paragraph wrong ;-)
  • Options

its a joke
  • Options

its a joke
  • Options

That statement is a surprise but a pleasant one.

Why not just tell fans what happened? See what a positive response even this short statement has got. If you want people to get on board best to tell them where you're going and how.

OK, the deals didn't come off and while most of us would be interested to know who the players were (Colin will know) we can't expect to be told that. At least they were grafting.

And it's on the OS not in the SLP.

More please.

Agree entirely.
  • Options
    agree entirely with Henry too. Great that they have kept us in the loop. We may be disappointed we didn't sign anyone but at least we know they were trying and will continue trying. Well done KM.
  • Options
    I'm much happier to be told that nothing more happened rather than trying to work out how many plates fell to the floor. Katrien is catching on and fast!
  • Options
    good statement and agree with Henry's post.

look forward to the loan window opening now
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    OK darren bent wanted 170k per week and four big macs per day during training

Where as yann wanted to feel loved and a couple of grand more a week and we still said no and offered less than last yr as he is older
  • Options
    Whilst this is good communication from the club it's such a tease as we'll all want to know who these two players are.
  • Options

Why not just tell fans what happened? See what a positive response even this short statement has got. If you want people to get on board best to tell them where you're going and how.

OK, the deals didn't come off and while most of us would be interested to know who the players were (Colin will know) we can't expect to be told that. At least they were grafting.

More please.

They don't like to discuss OTHER clubs players which I think is fair!

They are the management of cafc not the sun news reporters :)

If they aren't Charlton players I don't want to know who when were and why.

All I want to know as a fan is we are trying to be the best we can be!

• Options

More please.

Spot on, Henry.

We fans don't like the mushroom style of management, and this makes a pleasant departure from the past. Long may this continue.
  • Options
    Is "mushroom style management" similar to "asset sweating" or "low hanging fruit"
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    C4FC4L1f3 said:

More please.

They don't like to discuss OTHER clubs players which I think is fair!

They are the management of cafc not the sun news reporters :)

If they aren't Charlton players I don't want to know who when were and why.

All I want to know as a fan is we are trying to be the best we can be!

Dropping your h's there mate. Very sarf London ;0)

• Options
    Good statement
  • Options
    I think my Charlton is back, alive and kicking.
  • Options
    a decent message but its only what youd expect ..admittedly expectations have been very low of recent