Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Curry Nights are back at The Valley...‏

I got a spam email from the club earlier today about this. Doesn't look too bad as a one-off 'treat' and a few quid in the club's coffers, think I'll give it a go.

Any Lifers done this 'Curry Night' before?

=============

Charlton Athletic will be welcoming Wolves back to the Valley on Tuesday 16th September. An ideal game to bring back the Curry night!

The package includes:

• Chicken curry (Diced chicken breast cooked in a medium hot cream and coconut curry sauce)
• Steamed rice and Bombay potatoes
• Poppadoms, Naan bread & sambals
• Vegetarian option - Balti curry (with vegetables)
• Pint of beer / glass of wine or soft drink
• Match day programme & team sheet
• Suite overlooking the pitch

Priced at only £25.00 per person.

Book the package now by calling the hospitality sales team on 020 8333 4050 or emailing sales@cafc.co.uk

Access will be via the North Stand Reception & you can arrive from 5:45pm up until 7pm.

Comments

• Sounds like a goer
  • Am I being stupid, does it include a ticket?

Doh !!

Similar deal as for Legends in past seasons ie meal/drink/prog for around £25.

• So no ticket?
  • I got a spam email from the club earlier today about this. Doesn't look too bad as a one-off 'treat' and a few quid in the club's coffers, think I'll give it a go.

=============

Charlton Athletic will be welcoming Wolves back to the Valley on Tuesday 16th September. An ideal game to bring back the Curry night!

The package includes:

• Chicken curry (Diced chicken breast cooked in a medium hot cream and coconut curry sauce)

Book the package now by calling the hospitality sales team on 020 8333 4050 or emailing sales@cafc.co.uk

Access will be via the North Stand Reception & you can arrive from 5:45pm up until 7pm.

Spam email ? You should opt out so as not to get anymore Spam.

It's a good question - it says it includes a "suite overlooking the pitch" which would suggest that it does, but I highly doubt it for £25.
  • I'm pretty certain it won't include a ticket bearing in mind the high cost of hospitality packages elsewhere within the ground.
  • So no ticket?

Typically AFKA after a freebie
  • What's Spam curry like?
  • Sponsored links:

Thought the same thing!
  • So you watch the match from the resturant?.
  • PL54 said:

I got a spam email from the club earlier today about this. Doesn't look too bad as a one-off 'treat' and a few quid in the club's coffers, think I'll give it a go.

=============

The package includes:

Spam curry, never had that before.
  • Surprised that there's only 2 options.
  • edited September 2014

Surprised that there's only 2 options.

You only get one option in the Keith Peacock Suite and that costs £60 for silver matches and £72 for gold matches.
  • They also have an option for Boeuf Bourgignone at the same price although I think it's in a different area and doesn't come with the pint.

Curry night will put a stop to the Clean Sheet thread on the forum. ;-)

• PL54 said:

=============

The package includes:

Spam curry, never had that before.
    Standard Gurkha ration pack food back in the 1990's, as it happens.
    Bloody marvelous it is too, when cooked in ghee.

• If I remember rightly last year it was £20 and did not include a ticket, food was reasonable and with the pint it was reasonable value.

This year an extra fiver but you may get to see the players warming up beforehand I guess.
  • Didn't include ticket last year.

Was quite a nice spontaneous thing I did before one game. Reasonable value and a different pre-match 'routine', but not something I'd make a habit of doing.
  • If I remember rightly last year it was £20 and did not include a ticket, food was reasonable and with the pint it was reasonable value.

This year an extra fiver but you may get to see the players warming up beforehand I guess.

Didn't include ticket last year.

Was quite a nice spontaneous thing I did before one game. Reasonable value and a different pre-match 'routine', but not something I'd make a habit of doing.

Sounds good, confirms what I suspected, I'll have a go. Thank you.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited September 2014

If I remember rightly last year it was £20 and did not include a ticket, food was reasonable and with the pint it was reasonable value.

What? You mean the players have a curry with you before the match?
  • So no ticket?

Sorry, AFKA. Didn't mean to be flippant.

DEF no ticket.

• Yea was £20 last season, I did curry night and pie night. Curry one was busier! Good food both times.

£25 seems a little more that I'd like to pay considering I don't want a programme!
  • Start up the band,

THEY'VE GOT A VEGGIE OPTION !!!

Ahhh but has it been cooked in a separate post code to the normal option?

What? You mean the players have a curry with you before the match?
    That would be a Ron Atkinson type way of putting fire in their bellies!
  • We went for this package before the rearranged Doncaster midweek game last November, principally because it was only £18 a head (I think it was the first time the Club had offered it). It was pretty good and, if the other new catering in the ground is anything to go by, maybe the quality of the food will have improved further.

A good package for a special occasion or one-off, but I wouldn't do it on a regular basis.
  • Thanks to the ST cock-up, the North Stand lounge is almost completely deserted. When i popped my head around 2.40 of the Wigan game there were around 15-20 paying people and a few youth team sitting around in their tracksuits.

So something has to be done with that area before the whole season is wasted, so i would expect a lot more of these promotional events. Personally i think there looks a huge mark up of the cost price of what's on offer, but if people are prepared to pay it and it gets people filling an almost empty room, then all good.
  • Paid £20 for this at the rearranged Doncaster game last season. It was ok as a curiosity and there was plenty to eat, if you're happy to load up on bread & rice. At £20 none in my party of 4 could quite see where the value was. At £25 I'd be properly disappointed. It tasted alright but not up to supermarket 'indian meal for 2 in a box' standards and the less said about the red wine the better. If the new catering mob have upped the quality in all areas then maybe it works. By was of comparison for £25/head at a very good indian restaurant in Woking on Friday evening we had huge choice, 3 courses, beer, wine and water and the food is of an entirely different quality.
  • @AFKABartram‌ - I was a Crossbar member last year although my season ticket was in the West Stand, I have now transferred to the Millenium Lounge and would say it is very busy both before and after the game. You might not be aware that Crossbar members were encouraged to go their seats around 14:30 which is probably why there were so few people there when you poked your head into the room. For the sake of a balanced view perhaps at the next home game you attend you could poke your head into the room at say 13:30.
  • Paid £20 for this at the rearranged Doncaster game last season. It was ok as a curiosity and there was plenty to eat, if you're happy to load up on bread & rice. At £20 none in my party of 4 could quite see where the value was. At £25 I'd be properly disappointed. It tasted alright but not up to supermarket 'indian meal for 2 in a box' standards and the less said about the red wine the better. If the new catering mob have upped the quality in all areas then maybe it works. By was of comparison for £25/head at a very good indian restaurant in Woking on Friday evening we had huge choice, 3 courses, beer, wine and water and the food is of an entirely different quality.

Can you see the pitch from Woking ?