Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

***Frederic Bulot joins on season long loan**

Comments

• ross1 said:

What the hell has any of this got to do with Frederic Bulot? Yet another thread hijacked by a completely unassociated and increasingly personal argument.

Apologies for my role in that.

Just got a mail from the Trust' s Belgian journalist / Standard fan correspondent, who has this to say

PS: Frédéric Bulot is a more than decent midfieler, but could never be used in his right position at Standard. So he lost confidence among fans at Liège, but he could be a good deal for Charlton. As Yoni Buyens was.
    So what is his right position?
    I'll ask him. But I guess Bob knows. Although the Standard team looked weak against Zenit, Douglas wrote me that six key players were missing injured, and they have bought in a guy called Eyung Enoh, a Cameroon international, from Ajax; so looks like Frederic's prospects are limited there when they all get fit again.

Douglas called it right about both Buyens (Believe me, Yoni Buyens will bring you joy. He's a great box-to-box-player, very physical and fit for British football.) and Tucudean, (This was the worst incoming transfer ever at Standard de Liège. Trust me, it's a long list...) so I'd back him to call this one right too.
    concur with others. incredibly harsh on George, he has looked more than decent and had a real decent effort at Brighton on Saturday that the likes of many of our strikers in recent years could only dream of hitting. If you think this Belgian geezer is right about Tucudean I can only assume you havn't seen him play yet.

I haven't, Large. I made that perfectly clear.

But the Belgian geezer has.

How can you say that he's called it right then? Tucadean hasn't been bad he's shown he can be good in places and been decent overall.
    Ok maybe I was premature. However the fact that he was substituted at half time on Saturday suggests that - compared with Buyens or Ben Haim- he is not seen as a core member of Big Bob' s preferred team.

I thought I read somewhere Tucudean was carrying a knock on Saturday
    I wondered that, but did not so far read any such report.
  • What the hell has any of this got to do with Frederic Bulot? Yet another thread hijacked by a completely unassociated and increasingly personal argument.

Just got a mail from the Trust' s Belgian journalist / Standard fan correspondent, who has this to say

PS: Frédéric Bulot is a more than decent midfieler, but could never be used in his right position at Standard. So he lost confidence among fans at Liège, but he could be a good deal for Charlton. As Yoni Buyens was.
    I'll ask him. But I guess Bob knows. Although the Standard team looked weak against Zenit, Douglas wrote me that six key players were missing injured, and they have bought in a guy called Eyung Enoh, a Cameroon international, from Ajax; so looks like Frederic's prospects are limited there when they all get fit again.

Douglas called it right about both Buyens (Believe me, Yoni Buyens will bring you joy. He's a great box-to-box-player, very physical and fit for British football.) and Tucudean, (This was the worst incoming transfer ever at Standard de Liège. Trust me, it's a long list...) so I'd back him to call this one right too.
    concur with others. incredibly harsh on George, he has looked more than decent and had a real decent effort at Brighton on Saturday that the likes of many of our strikers in recent years could only dream of hitting. If you think this Belgian geezer is right about Tucudean I can only assume you havn't seen him play yet.

How can you say that he's called it right then? Tucadean hasn't been bad he's shown he can be good in places and been decent overall.
    Ok maybe I was premature. However the fact that he was substituted at half time on Saturday suggests that - compared with Buyens or Ben Haim- he is not seen as a core member of Big Bob' s preferred team.

Yeah fair enough he isn't part of the core of the team but he still has brought, and will bring qualities to the team such as his clever flicks and his goal and mazy run to win the penalty against Derby. He will definitely have a part to play this season. Not being part of the core of the team doesn't mean he's a bad player.
  • What the hell has any of this got to do with Frederic Bulot? Yet another thread hijacked by a completely unassociated and increasingly personal argument.

Yeah fair enough he isn't part of the core of the team but he still has brought, and will bring qualities to the team such as his clever flicks and his goal and mazy run to win the penalty against Derby. He will definitely have a part to play this season. Not being part of the core of the team doesn't mean he's a bad player.
    Well we will see. And I have always made clear that I hope Douglas assessment was too pessimistic. If so, though it will be the first one he has got wrong.

And the main reason I brought it up is to emphasise his positive view of Bulot. He has sent more through on Bulot, which will be featured on the Trust website shortly.
  • The Burger king Bulot i look forward to seeing.
    Having seen Tucudean in 4 friendlys + all league matches bar udders, the coaching staff can now earn their money.
    George is very raw but the goal, plus the run for the penalty against Derby, shows the talent is there.
    The Moussa can now catch up on the two weeks training he missed after the belgium trip. plus hardly playing any matches before Brentford.
    We must not be too reliant on the little gem as when the word gets round Igor could lose form or be injured.
    if not 25 from Igor won't be a bad start to his cafc career.
  • Tucadean has a very impressive first touch indeed, if you combined that with Jason Euells second touch you would have a very good Prem class player!

Has he got pace?...no.
    Dribbling skills?...kind of.
    Control the ball?...a strength
    Heading ability?...average.
    A shot?...better than average
    Good passer?...this need a lot of practice
    Linking with team mates?...Yes
    Competitive?...very much so
    Will to win?...absolutely
    Attitude?...seems top class to me
    Temperament?...seems good
    Fitness?...not sure about this

Is he better than Joe Piggott at this moment? I would say yes. Is he better than Polish Pete? From what I've seen of them both I would also say yes. Is he better than Simon Church? More difficult. If it isn't working for Simon you at least get his non stop running, if it isn't working for George you don't get much more than the occasional bit of hold up play.

I reckon George may be coachable as he is 23 and his game could still develop.

I don't really mind him, especially as I kind of like the cut of his footballing jib.
  • Tucudean has a lot of potential and will provide a lot of support to the team ...give him time.
  • Just seen that Fred was substituted after 24 minutes for Gabon against Angola at the weekend,anyone know if hes injured?
  • Just seen that Fred was substituted after 24 minutes for Gabon against Angola at the weekend,anyone know if hes injured?

Please don't make me run, I'm full of chocolate

According to his twitter (via google translate)

"Apart from the hematoma and pain in the head nothing serious to the scanner. I continue the adventure thank you to all"

This suggests that 'continuing the adventure' means that he is ready to play in his next game. But I thought a hematoma is serious! Unless translate got it wrong and he basically just cut his head (not bleeding on the brain).

According to his twitter (via google translate)

"Apart from the hematoma and pain in the head nothing serious to the scanner. I continue the adventure thank you to all"

This suggests that 'continuing the adventure' means that he is ready to play in his next game. But I thought a hematoma is serious! Unless translate got it wrong and he basically just cut his head (not bleeding on the brain).
    I think it is a raised bump on the head.
  • Sponsored links:

• Haematona = bruise!
  • Haematona = bruise!

Bet your glad I am not your doctor!
  • Haematona = bruise!

Bet your glad I am not your doctor!
    I'm not worried about your medical skills, mate.

You can have a bruise on the head, or a bruise on the brain.

I'll leave you to consider which one is worse!
  • So we play it on the floor Saturday...
  • So what's the story with Frederic then do you think? Is he still recovering from that injury or doesn't Big Bob like him? I noticed he came on yesterday. We've been desperately short of attacking quality so what do you think the story is?
  • edited December 2014
    Sorry but his guy doesn't float my boat. He flatters to deceive. He put one decent cross in earlier in the season at home for Igor? to score from. Other than that fairly anonymous from his mainly bit part appearances. If he was showing something in training Bob would have him on the starting team sheet.
  • To be fair to him he's not had a proper run in the team.

I have a feeling Bob probably won't start both him and Gudmundsson. It could partly explain why he's tried a diamond midfield with Solly in there over 4-4-2 with 2 wingers.
  • Gabon are winning 2-0 and Bulot's looking good.
  • BBC Sport's Nick Cavell in Bata: I should imagine that Frederic Bulot is enjoying this evening rather more than his team-mates back in England at Charlton after their 5-0 loss at Watford.....
  • edited January 2015
    Great bit of skill to make a yard for the cross.

• Sponsored links:

• Flatters to deceive, he wouldn't have made the blindest bit of difference today. Did well to avoid the debacle.
  • Great bit of skill to make a yard for the cross.

Bulot never gets to line on his right foot like that for us!
  • I definitely saw a CAFC Official tweet on Friday that Bulot's contract with us had been cancelled, but later I could find no sign of it.
  • Oggy Red said:

I definitely saw a CAFC Official tweet on Friday that Bulot's contract with us had been cancelled, but later I could find no sign of it.

They lied?

Well you jest, but its very odd. I could not possibly have misread such a thing. It used the phrase: "...contract has been cancelled"

Another sign of complete chaos last week?

• uie2 said:

Great bit of skill to make a yard for the cross.

Bulot never gets to line on his right foot like that for us!
    But that English Defences for you... Would they allow him the time to do that?
  • If Bulot's contract had been cancelled on Friday, but then it turns out Luzon is working illegally, and then the cancellation announcement disappears maybe it is about who can work with who in the club. Just speculating.
    I am not sure Yoni wants to be here with whoever it might be, judging by what I've seen of him and his reported performance yesterday, he has pretty much flattered to deceive all season though admittedly he takes a good penalty.
  • From Twitter archives, January 15:

"Charlton Athletic can confirm that Frederic Bulot's loan deal from Standard Liege has been terminated."
  • edited January 2015
    mogodon said:

From Twitter archives, January 15:

"Charlton Athletic can confirm that Frederic Bulot's loan deal from Standard Liege has been terminated."

That's a fan tweeting that to cause trouble.

They are putting two and two together. M'Poku is going to QPR? That must mean Bulot will be recalled to fill the gap at Standard.

There hasn't been an official announcement anywhere.