Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

***Frederic Bulot joins on season long loan**

Comments

• What a condescending post.

Which one? The one in which seriously_red tells Airman to "think outside the box", I take it?

Personally I think use of that phrase should carry a prison term. I never met a successful marketing manager who used it. I met a lot of useless ones who did, though.

And what is your evidence of " lot of younger interest at present.". Actually, what do you mean by this?
    By the amount of youngsters attending matches, what do you mean evidence ? Do you know what Prague you come across as as condescending as well.
    Whatever. I'd actually like to believe you, but I can't imagine how you'd have access to the figures. Maybe you do. Last figures I saw, the average age of the fanbase is getting older.
  • I do not know Airman Brown personally,but i know that he has worked Tirelessly over 35 years for CAFC whether with the fanzine or back to the valley or other projects to make our club what it is. a decent football club.
    Once you are employed by the club your relationships alter with some people.
    You either dove tail or tread on toes depending on the ego's concerned.

AB saw at an early stage what was going on in the last couple of years with the money problems and because he is a fan first, reacted.
    Also as we all were, unsure of Roland and his motives. How the network would work for cafc etc.

In my opinion the current and last management would prefer to employ people who are not Charlton supporters as they will not be so attached if decisions are made against the welfare of the team. Where for the management it's just business.

You can pay me with a Cheque Airman Brown ! only joking, cash is king!

• The last couple of years there has been shit loads more youngsters coming to Charlton
  • Nicholas said:

The last couple of years there has been shit loads more youngsters coming to Charlton

To play or watch.
    explain Nicholas

• The thread police are out again
  • To get this back on track, was that a genuine picture of Frederic Bulot about to eat those burgers as i thought it was all chicken and pasta now. Or has he a chubby mate out of picture who will devour that.
  • To get this back on track, was that a genuine picture of Frederic Bulot about to eat those burgers as i thought it was all chicken and pasta now. Or has he a chubby mate out of picture who will devour that.

You really think Bikey and Bob sit down to a bowl of carbanora before a game :-)
  • Sponsored links:

• edited August 2014
    Bikey is built like a brick shxt house so would have that for breakfast. As for big Bob he must have a humungous(speaking in the vernacular for our usa cafc fans) appertite to fill his 6ft 5in frame.
    Young Fred is a midfielder come winger who could give Usain Bolt a run for his money.
    so must be a wind up or some thing was lost in translation when he was ordering his food.
  • Was this thread about bulot or attendances????
  • Its about players diets now,Bulots are lovely with Garlic Mayonnnaise ( ive had them in France)
  • It's all bulots to me.
  • edited September 2014
    @dominiek , you have used the stats from the season before last season - since Gent has its new ground we averaged about 18 k last year. voetbal.com/toeschouwers/bel-eerste-klasse-2013-2014/1/

About Bulot, has some silky touches, decent pace but needs to be managed closely and needs to feel loved or he will sulk

• @dominiek , you have used the stats from the season before last season - since Gent has its new ground we averaged about 18 k last year. voetbal.com/toeschouwers/bel-eerste-klasse-2013-2014/1/

About Bulot, has some silky touches, decent pace but needs to be managed closely and needs to feel loved or he will sulk

You're right, thanks for correcting.

• What the hell has any of this got to do with Frederic Bulot? Yet another thread hijacked by a completely unassociated and increasingly personal argument.

Apologies for my role in that.

Just got a mail from the Trust' s Belgian journalist / Standard fan correspondent, who has this to say

PS: Frédéric Bulot is a more than decent midfieler, but could never be used in his right position at Standard. So he lost confidence among fans at Liège, but he could be a good deal for Charlton. As Yoni Buyens was.
  • edited September 2014

Nicholas said:

Nicholas said:

The last couple of years there has been shit loads more youngsters coming to Charlton

To play or watch.
    explain Nicholas

Hang on let me check my database
    fanbasemarkt.com says that although our average attendance figures have fallen consistently for the last 5 years with a 0.718648 colleration, the average age of fans at the valley has fallen by around 36 months. clearly, this is wonderful news and is all part of Roland's plan.
    Bullshit. I was 49 five years ago. I am now 54 - I should be 46. I feel cheated.
  • Sponsored links:

• What the hell has any of this got to do with Frederic Bulot? Yet another thread hijacked by a completely unassociated and increasingly personal argument.

Just got a mail from the Trust' s Belgian journalist / Standard fan correspondent, who has this to say

PS: Frédéric Bulot is a more than decent midfieler, but could never be used in his right position at Standard. So he lost confidence among fans at Liège, but he could be a good deal for Charlton. As Yoni Buyens was.
    So what is his right position?

I'll ask him. But I guess Bob knows. Although the Standard team looked weak against Zenit, Douglas wrote me that six key players were missing injured, and they have bought in a guy called Eyung Enoh, a Cameroon international, from Ajax; so looks like Frederic's prospects are limited there when they all get fit again.

Douglas called it right about both Buyens (Believe me, Yoni Buyens will bring you joy. He's a great box-to-box-player, very physical and fit for British football.) and Tucudean, (This was the worst incoming transfer ever at Standard de Liège. Trust me, it's a long list...) so I'd back him to call this one right too.

I'll ask him. But I guess Bob knows. Although the Standard team looked weak against Zenit, Douglas wrote me that six key players were missing injured, and they have bought in a guy called Eyung Enoh, a Cameroon international, from Ajax; so looks like Frederic's prospects are limited there when they all get fit again.

Douglas called it right about both Buyens (Believe me, Yoni Buyens will bring you joy. He's a great box-to-box-player, very physical and fit for British football.) and Tucudean, (This was the worst incoming transfer ever at Standard de Liège. Trust me, it's a long list...) so I'd back him to call this one right too.
    Cheers - I'm sure I saw something about him (Bulot) playing anywhere in Midfield whilst this suggests that he has a preferred position and we really don't want any sulkers on the pitch or training ground! He was right about Buyens who has adapted immediately to championship football and been very impressive in the couple of matches I've seen
  • edited September 2014

What the hell has any of this got to do with Frederic Bulot? Yet another thread hijacked by a completely unassociated and increasingly personal argument.

Incredibly harsh on Tucudean. You would not agree with that statement if you were at the Derby game, he looked brilliant until he was forced off with a knock.

I'm hoping his below par performances are because of his recent injury troubles, and he should be given time to build a decent relationship/rapport with Igor.

Being said, I am fully behind finding another striker.

Ahh I remember this bloke. Having see him play a couple so far he is wrong about George intimating that he's no good.
  • So.....

We did sign Fred?
  • Dazzler21 said:

So.....

We did sign Fred?

Yes Fred Whelk ,but not the great Brazillian stricker ( i think he had a crap world cup)
  • PA, As accurate as your contact seems to have been about Buyens if we are to assume that his comment means that George is 'worse' than the players that they sent over in January then his credibility is a little questionable.

George may well turn out to be less than what we want, but initial showings don't suggest he is our worst signing ever, but then maybe we have a longer list that SL have.

• George may well turn out to be less than what we want, but initial showings don't suggest he is our worst signing ever, but then maybe we have a longer list that SL have.

He's already scored more goals for Charlton than Mike Small.