Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

***Frederic Bulot joins on season long loan**

Comments

• It is obvious our midfield is not as strong as other teams we are playing, let's hope Bulot will help to cure that
  • Looks a very good signing to me!
  • ross1 said:

It is obvious our midfield is not as strong as other teams we are playing, let's hope Bulot will help to cure that

We need another winger who can create something. Cousins on the wing is just not working and I don't think it ever will.
  • Rob said:

Via @BelgoFoot: #cafc new boy Bulot a versatile mf who fell down Standard pecking order. Didn't want to come at first but move 'might work'

I think he'll fall in love with us. :-) Seriously, most players who haven't experienced it, love the skill level and competitiveness of the Championship. That, plus playing in front of decent sized crowds every week who actually make a noise, will win him over (hopefully). I see this as another positive signing.

I just wonder about Jordan Cousins and Calum Harriott. I wonder if Big Bob has doubts about their ability and whether they can aspire to the level we now seem to be aiming at. Well, they are the 'young guns' so maybe he sees they still have a bit to learn at this level. It'll be interesting to see how they do and whether they make the grade.
    Cousins has played every game for us including cups. Bob obviously rates cousins and feels he gives more balance to midfield even though he's clearly not a winger. Hoping this means he'll move cousins to centre mid now and have jacko and the strikers fighting for the second attacking spot to support super Igor.
  • ross1 said:

It is obvious our midfield is not as strong as other teams we are playing, let's hope Bulot will help to cure that

I would not say that at all, the midfield is decent - the problem for me is Jackson is played for his leadership and dead ball qualities (fair enough) but this pushes Cousins out wide - but Buyens is a proper midfield pendulum, keeping things ticking, moving the ball well, strong in the tackle. Playing 2 out of three is a tough call - even before you think that Wilson is too good not to be playing on merit, only kept on the bench for the sake of the team.

It's a poser and no question, but a proper left footed winger to keep Sweet Harriot on his toes is a bonus - if he can recreate his form from the last month of last season, Bulot won't play; if he can't, we now have a good proven player to step in.
  • The only thing is, if Morro isn't 1st choice, (which is clearly the case) and Jacko gets dropped, who is Captain?

Solly and Wiggins - Too quiet, and need to concentrate on their own games, as neither have had the best starts to the season.

Who else has played any number of games, and knows the "Carlton Way", if their is such a thing?

Is Cousins (in my view, a future Charlton captain) ready to be made captain at 19?

This is why I'm a little concerned, as I think Jordan could be the player to make way...
  • The only thing is, if Morro isn't 1st choice, (which is clearly the case) and Jacko gets dropped, who is Captain?

Solly and Wiggins - Too quiet, and need to concentrate on their own games, as neither have had the best starts to the season.

Who else has played any number of games, and knows the "Carlton Way", if their is such a thing?

Is Cousins (in my view, a future Charlton captain) ready to be made captain at 19?

This is why I'm a little concerned, as I think Jordan could be the player to make way...

For me it would have to be Bikey or Buyens.. Have we ever had a loan player being captain?

Long term though I could see Joe Gomez being a fantastic captain and could help persuade him to stay long term. Early days tho

Is cousins enough of a leader on the pitch to ever be captain? certainly too early for him now i would say but I'd like to think that this is irrelevant to who gets picked. The best team must play and if Jacko isn't on the pitch a leader will emerge, loan player or not.

Dont forget vermaelen was arsenal captain until he left this year and he's been a fringe player for as long as I can remember.

Big bad Bikey or Ben Haim
  • Sponsored links:

• frederic bulot as monaco: http://youtu.be/4HxP8VrNM78
  • Rob said:

Via @BelgoFoot: #cafc new boy Bulot a versatile mf who fell down Standard pecking order. Didn't want to come at first but move 'might work'

That, plus playing in front of decent sized crowds every week who actually make a noise, will win him over (hopefully).
    Standard average about 23,000. All their play off games were sellouts. And they have a reputation within Belgium of kicking up a right old storm.

We don't. Lets's be honest, we don't.

You're right our crowds are more like 16,000 but what will the gate be for Wolves once everyone back from holidays and on the back of being undefeated? What will our gates climb to if we stay in the top six?
    We know we will average 26,000+ if we go up!
  • dizzee said:

Sounds like a rich mans Oxlade-Chamberlain.

No he doesn't - Cox laid Lady Lynne sounds like a posh Oxlade-Chamberlain
  • I don't get overly excited by these Liege loans. By Default I assume he's just another Reza (i.e awful). Hope he proves me wrong.

I think your find hes way way better than that! ;)
  • Based on the games I've been at Tal Ben Haim would be the most suitable choice as captain if Jacko is not. He's the most vocal, looks passionate/angry and always seems to be organising the defence. He also has played at the top level for a number of years, ridiculous experience, something which no other player can boast.

Looking forward to Bulot though. Feel we need a left winger playing in left wing.

Would be really interested to see;

Gud-Buyons-Cousins-Bulot
    -------Jacko------
    --------Igor-------
  • How much is Thuram on transfer market out of interest?
  • Well, if he can score goals like this then...great.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0slTmHyjzKU
    Then again, they were only playing the RSPCA.

I didn't watch the clip because I thought it was someone's FIFA14 footage on YouTube!

only realised it wasn't when Golfie pointed out it was his only goal in 30 appearances
  • edited August 2014
    According to Wiki he played for Monaco in 2010 when he was 19, plenty of French youth international appearances and described as a central midfielder / attacker but only 7 goals in 101 senior appearances.

This is the lad who was initially put off by Thuram's bad experience with us, hopefully yours will be a most enjoyable one, welcome Frederic and good luck.
  • razil said:

How much is Thuram on transfer market out of interest?

Well overpriced.....48p.
  • Ignorance on my part, where does he play?
  • Sponsored links:

• Left footed winger but can play across the midfield:

“He is a good technical player with a lot of pace and he is capable of playing across four different positions in midfield.”

Predominantly a winger but comfortable across the midfield, Bulot has made a total of 76 league and cup appearances for Standard, four of which came in the Europa League during the 2013/14 campaign and he made his full international debut for Gabon in March during a 1-1 friendly draw with Morocco.
  • razil said:

How much is Thuram on transfer market out of interest?

Well overpriced.....48p.
    Thuram £1.76 Mill
  • Would be interesting to see if he'll drop cousins for bulot
  • Would be interesting to see if he'll drop cousins for bulot

More likely drop Jacko, and push Cousins back to his favoured position insiee
  • Personally think jacko offers more than cousins
  • thenewbie said:

ross1 said:

I would not say that at all, the midfield is decent - the problem for me is Jackson is played for his leadership and dead ball qualities (fair enough) but this pushes Cousins out wide - but Buyens is a proper midfield pendulum, keeping things ticking, moving the ball well, strong in the tackle. Playing 2 out of three is a tough call - even before you think that Wilson is too good not to be playing on merit, only kept on the bench for the sake of the team.

It's a poser and no question, but a proper left footed winger to keep Sweet Harriot on his toes is a bonus - if he can recreate his form from the last month of last season, Bulot won't play; if he can't, we now have a good proven player to step in.
    We've got too many good players!
  • As I said before, if Morro isn't playing, and you drop Jacko, who do you make captain?
  • colin1961 said:

Bikey no contest

Possibly Ben Haim, so definitely a contest
  • As I said before, if Morro isn't playing, and you drop Jacko, who do you make captain?

Yoni for me.