Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

International Call ups

Comments

• Also Wiggins on standby for Wales
  • If I were Welsh I'd rather have Wiggins up top than Churchy boy.
  • edited August 2014

If I were Welsh I'd rather have Wiggins up top than Churchy boy.

Given his poor pass completion rate at times Wiggins would certainly send the keeper the wrong way :-0 Let's hope if selected he can up his game from this Saturday onwards back to its best.
  • edited August 2014

If I were Welsh I'd rather have Wiggins up top than Churchy boy.

Wales do have Gareth Bale and Aaron Ramsey in Midfield though, so he's gonna been given more opportunities around the 6-yard box with them

Hopefully Vetokele leaves his Shooting boots back at Sparrows Lane when he goes on International Duty... He's crap Angola cant see why they'd want to use him if they did Qualify... ;)
  • Johann Berg Gudmundsson
    Igor Vetokele
    Tal Ben Haim
    Simon Church
    all called up

http://www.cafc.co.uk/news/article/20140829-international-four-addicks-receive-qualifying-call-ups-1880859.aspx

Not to mention Gomez, Fox and the lad from Northern Ireland getting youth call-ups.
  • Those international call ups for Igor are slightly worrying, a lot of travel and if Angola qualify for the African Nations, then we'll be very light up top
  • edited August 2014
    God help us if Igor gets injured.
  • Angola in a group with Burkina Faso, Gabon and Lesotho.

They are the second highest ranked team in their group.

Burkina Faso 58
    Angola 75
    Gabon 93
    Lesotho 131

The top two teams qualify for the African Cup of Nations with the best third placed team qualifying also.

The finals will be held 17 January – 8 February 2015.
  • Igor will be doing alot of traveling. Even more reason to get another striker in asap.

Burkina Faso 58
    Angola 75
    Gabon 93
    Lesotho 131

The top two teams qualify for the African Cup of Nations with the best third placed team qualifying also.

so pretty much we lose him from 1st January and probably comes back last week of Feb
    Hopefully by then if we are somewhere near he play offs RD will be happy to shell out money for another striker to cover him being gone
  • Sponsored links:

• Amazing to think Church will be playing alongside Ramsey and Bale, hope it has a positive effect on him.

Burkina Faso 58
    Angola 75
    Gabon 93
    Lesotho 131

so pretty much we lose him from 1st January and probably comes back last week of Feb
    Hopefully by then if we are somewhere near he play offs RD will be happy to shell out money for another striker to cover him being gone
    Did not factor this in when putting money on Vetokele as top Championship goalscorer.

Gutted.

• Morgan Fox played the full 90 Minutes for Wales against Finland in their Under 21 euro qualifiers
  • Is Bulot in the Gabon squad?
  • edited September 2014
    Bulot is in the starting lineup for Gabon.

Igor's on the bench for Angola. Former Man Utd striker Manucho is playing up front for them.
  • Benched!!!! Outrage, retire now Igor!!!!
  • edited September 2014
    At least he won't get injured on the bench. :-)

When's kick off? Any streams?
  • Two Saturdays in January are FA cup plus Feb if we win through so less league games missed. Clear we need another decent striker and I hope that we are looking now and in the January window.
  • Igor is now playing.

I've no link to the game - I'm using twitter to try and follow what's happening.
  • I think Bulot might have been substituted in the 1st half.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited September 2014
    Gabon win 1-0