Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Agent's Fees - 2013/14

Sky just reporting last season's figures and, I thought anyway, that it was no surprise to see that 'Arry and the boys at QPR were the biggest payers to agents in the Championship, paying more than 5x the amount that Leicester shelled out.

Glad to see these amounts are coming down, but still £14.7m going to agents from Championship clubs alone. Average deal now worth £32,063 against £43,079 last season.

Shocking though that 45% of that spend comes from just 4 clubs (QPR, Blackburn, Wigan and Reading) out of 24.

The report is shown in full in the attached link. Have used Carlisle only as they seem to be the first club to publish it on their site.

http://www.carlisleunited.co.uk/documents/agents-fees-report-2013-14-v4b104-1881012.pdf

Comments

• Options
    So each season ticket holder pays £40 quid or so from their season ticket purchase to an agent.
  • Options
    yep, that is pretty much the sum of it, shocking, but do you think it will change? especially with Warnock now back in the game? the same people seem to be doing it and getting away with it time after time.

ROTTEN.
  • Options
    I wonder what the amounts are in the Premiership?
  • Options
    especially with harry back.
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    Amazing 4 team in the championship spent over £1 million and only one of those got promoted
    the other two promoted team all spent less then £350,000
  • Options
    Love that from Blackpool with £10000
  • Options
    Good to see that we're relatively low for The Championship. I expect that to be even lower this time next year.
  • Options
    It pisses me off. Why do the clubs have to pay at all. The agent works for the player. It's the player that should foot the bill for the work the agent does.
  • Options

It pisses me off. Why do the clubs have to pay at all. The agent works for the player. It's the player that should foot the bill for the work the agent does.

I agree when the agent works for the player but sometimes Club use agent to sell or find players especially with overseas deals.
  • Options

Agree totally with this, as would Simon Jordan. if the agent is working for the player, fair enough they can inflate the deal to the club, and then take their share. For a club to directly pay the agent seems wrong if the agent isn't working on behalf of the club.
    Anyway, the agents milling around the Delort deal are smoothing the waters aren't they?....not!

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Be interesting to see what our Agent Fees are like next season... Its well known that RD hates using them
  • Options
    It is absolutely disgraceful that these people are paid a penny let alone the best part of £15m. They contribute precisely nothing to the sport of football. The truth of the matter is that what they do is a zero sum game; if one club benefits from getting a player of better quality, it just means that another team loses out. Unfortunately though the football world has somehow got its knickers in a twist so that collectively everyone has to play along with their shitty little game. And that costs you, me and everyone else that loves the game of football hard cash. The sooner that people wake up and realise what leaches these people are and collectively agree that they will no longer be held to ransom by them the better. They are utter, utter freeloading scum.