Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Joe Gomez (ed. ongoing progress)

Comments

• ross1 said:

Just played the full 90 mins in England under 19's 3-2 win over Denmark

can't be many 17 year olds who have played the full 90 minutes for England under 19's

Thanks Paulie, where did you get the information from? He said he was playing in 3 matches, do you know when the other two are?
    saw him tweet this and looked on flashscore

Joe Gomez ‏@J_Gomez97 7m7 minutes ago
    Good win and start to the qualifiers onto the next game against Azerbaijan on sat
    Paulie, you do leave yourself open to the type of abuse you get.

Anyway, great for Gomez and hopefully us.
  • PL54 said:

ross1 said:

Just played the full 90 mins in England under 19's 3-2 win over Denmark

can't be many 17 year olds who have played the full 90 minutes for England under 19's

Thanks Paulie, where did you get the information from? He said he was playing in 3 matches, do you know when the other two are?
    saw him tweet this and looked on flashscore

Joe Gomez ‏@J_Gomez97 7m7 minutes ago
    Good win and start to the qualifiers onto the next game against Azerbaijan on sat
    Paulie, you do leave yourself open to the type of abuse you get.

Anyway, great for Gomez and hopefully us.
    Wanna explain?
  • Starting silly threads

Reactivating old threads (with old titles that are misleading)

That kind of thing?

I don't give an ounce of concern to it but some do?
  • Anyone Know where He Played?? He has played in midfield for them a few times but as we know his best position I'd CB but he also plays RB! Just wondering!!
  • thanks Paulie, well done
  • Starts again (at cb) v Azerbaijan
  • Starts again (at cb) v Azerbaijan

The next game is on Tuesday, I hope he misses that one, so he is fit for Friday
  • Sponsored links:

• ross1 said:

Starts again (at cb) v Azerbaijan

Think Friday would be a good time to rest him. Throw "The Beast" in against The Scum!
  • ross1 said:

Starts again (at cb) v Azerbaijan

Think Friday would be a good time to rest him. Throw "The Beast" in against The Scum!
    Also TBH is playing in Israel on Wednesday, so I think you can count him out as a starter which leaves the beast and Johnson
  • He again played the full 90 minutes this time it was a 1-0 victory

tough game next the two teams with 100% record go u against each other
  • Starting at CB v France kick off 18:00
  • boooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
  • Am I the only one who thinks he has signed a new three year deal just now when I see this thread at the top?

Maybe he'll be rubbish?

No, I don't think so, either...

Maybe he'll be rubbish?

No, I don't think so, either...

Sure he'll be great, It's being knackered/injured that I'm worried about.

Every scout in the country and abroad will already know all about his so not worried about the exposure.
  • 2-1 defeat
  • All gomez fault scouts he ain't worth a toffee move on
  • Sponsored links:

• All gomez fault scouts he ain't worth a toffee move on

Don't say that, they'll now offer a whole tin of toffees that we will accept.
  • So, Joe has just played 3 games in six days - is that right?

That's too much in my opinion for a 17 year old as he'd played two games for us in the preceding week. I suspect that puts his possible selection in doubt for Friday and, if not, is likely to impact adversely upon his performance. He should have done a Sterling and said he was too tired to play.
  • Am I the only one who thinks he has signed a new three year deal just now when I see this thread at the top?

No
  • He will still end up being bought for a decent fee by the likes of Chelsea simply because they can. He won't progress as much in their huge huge squad and will end up going on loan where his career will no doubt progress but not as much as if he remains where he is for another three seasons. I hope that any inevitable deal will include a loan back. That's the best we've got I'm afraid.
  • That would be so sad to think that Joe could be lost in the Chelsea young player Triangle.
    Sounds like he has a pushy agent so Joe needs to be playing in our 1st team all the time now which is on merit by his recent performances. RB or CB, he's good in both positions.
  • Immense talent and i'll be amazed if he's still with us beyond the end of next season
  • That would be so sad to think that Joe could be lost in the Chelsea young player Triangle.
    Sounds like he has a pushy agent so Joe needs to be playing in our 1st team all the time now which is on merit by his recent performances. RB or CB, he's good in both positions.

I think they all have puchy agents. KM was talking about it at the fan meetings. From memory I think she said that she has to turn her phone off as the agents of the young players call her all the time to demand that their client plays and plays where the agent thinks he should play.

Sadly I think that it might be in Joe's best interests signing for a big club now. Not just for the money he'll earn immediately but for the loans that he will be given where he will get experience that is tailored to what he needs. I don't, honestly, believe that staying with us is best for anyone that is not connected to Charlton.