Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Joe Gomez (ed. ongoing progress)

Comments

• Options
    Back in the squad for tonights game.
    Between him and Matip to partner VVD
  • Options
    My Liverpool supporting mate reckons they'd have won the title if Gomez had stayed fit.

He reckons his partnership with VVD was the best he had seen for years at Anfield and it started to go downhill when they lost that continuity
  • Options
    He's back in the squad quick after being out three months

Would have thought he'd have had an U23 game first unless that has happened

Hope he's not being rushed as we need him for England in June

Agree with that statement though @Swisdom; Liverpool's problems this season have been in defence which went to pot a bit when they lost Joe
  • Options
    Swisdom said:
    My Liverpool supporting mate reckons they'd have won the title if Gomez had stayed fit.

He reckons his partnership with VVD was the best he had seen for years at Anfield and it started to go downhill when they lost that continuity
    To be fair it's hardly gone downhill - they've lost once.
  • Options
    Swisdom said:

To be fair it's hardly gone downhill - they've lost once.
    I know that but the performances haven't been as solid, the keeper has made a few more errors and they have dropped points when they probably shouldn't have.  

When you are up against someone like Man City they need to be consistent and that hasn't been the case most recently - hence why Klippy Klopp has plonked him straight back in the squad
  • Options
    Swisdom said:

I'd have thought it had more to do with Salah scoring just once in 11 games.

They drew at West ham, United and Everton and none of those was down to their defence.
  • Options
    Don't get me wrong, I think he's better than Matip or Lovren (obviously) but I'm not sure it would have made a big difference to their points total.
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    There's one point in it, there's still time and I really want them to win it. I hate City and Utd and Chelsea and Arsenal... Spurs have no chance so Liverpool it has to be and I'd love to see a Charlton product with a Premier League winners medal, that has earned it.
    Spot on for me mate...👍
  • Options
    Swisdom said:

I'd have thought it had more to do with Salah scoring just once in 11 games.

They drew at West ham, United and Everton and none of those was down to their defence.
    Absolutely, it's not like they started conceding a ton of goals, but the likes of Salah and Firmino aren't scoring them. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    On the bench for Liverpool against Porto in Champions League
  • Options
    Starting in a Champions League semi-final tonight. 

The highest level one of our academy players has played at?
  • Options
    Is he playing right back? Has Alexander-Arnold got a knock?
  • Options
    Is he playing right back? Has Alexander-Arnold got a knock?
    Klopp looks like he’s playing a pretty smart formation. Joe will play almost as a 3rd CB and all their work will come through Robertson down the left. 

Cant blame him, Joe is by far the better defensive player, and if they get out of here with a 0-0 or 0-1 it’s a massive result 
  • Options
    If Gomez wins the CL does Roland get an additional payment?
  • Options
    So pleased to see him still on the way up. 
  • Options
    Massive for England as well. Gomez and Stones is our partnership for the next 7-10 years
  • Options

Scott Parker did the same for Chelsea, though didn't start if I remember rightly.

Presumably Konchesky played in the Fulham UEFA final but a lesser European competition I guess.
  • Options
    I’m well behind the curve of the wider football world but is the Barcelona centre back the guy we almost signed?
  • Options
    I’m well behind the curve of the wider football world but is the Barcelona centre back the guy we almost signed?
    Lenglet. Supposedly we were interested, yes.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Yeah... No. 15: Lenglet
  • Options
    edited May 2019
    Remember a few on here saying this fella is going all the way to the very top after they'd watched his first few games at the valley.

How right they were.
  • Options
    When was this? 
  • Options
    Remember a few on here saying this fella is going all the way to the very top after they'd watched him a few times at the valley.

How right they were.
    Wasn’t hard though was it? He was a cut above and without a doubt the best youngster I’d ever seen from our Academy. 
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:
    When was this? 
    2015... https://le10sport.com/football/mercato/exclu-mercato-asse-charlton-fait-une-offre-pour-lenglet-asnl196778

Clément Lenglet, the young central defender of AS Nancy Lorraine, also able to occupy the right flank, arouses a lot of greed. According to our information, the Lorraine club has just received a concrete offer from Charlton, which now evolves in Championship (English D2). Nothing has filtered on the amount of the proposal. A few weeks ago, Standard Liège had proposed around 3.5 million euros for the trio Lenglet-Lusamba-Walter, but this offer had been rejected by the ASNL. In France, ASSE has an eye on Lenglet, but has not moved concretely for the moment. It must be said that no departure occurred in central hinge at St-Etienne

• Options
    Remember a few on here saying this fella is going all the way to the very top after they'd watched him a few times at the valley.

How right they were.
    Wasn’t hard though was it? He was a cut above and without a doubt the best youngster I’d ever seen from our Academy. 
    There's the top and the VERY top. Big call back then
  • Options

Scott Parker did the same for Chelsea, though didn't start if I remember rightly.

Presumably Konchesky played in the Fulham UEFA final but a lesser European competition I guess.
    Ermmmm... Lee Bowyer.

Good call!  So they've done alright the academy guys!
  • Options

Ermmmm... Lee Bowyer.

Good call!  So they've done alright the academy guys!
    Better than all of those, though, Paul Walsh started the 1985 final for Liverpool.
  • Options
    There’s one more player who played in a CL final after having played for Charlton