Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Joe Gomez (ed. ongoing progress)

edited March 2015 in General Charlton
Joe Gomez has earned a call up to the England U19 squad for a game against Germany later this month, at the age of 17. It looks like we've got a great player in him.

Comments

• Excited to watch his progress. I hope both he and Charlton do well from it
  • A real talent we need to sign up for the long term. I know that the club are trying to achieve this lets hope they can make it happen.
  • Joe Gomez has earned a call up to the England U19 squad for a game against Germany later this month, at the age of 17. It looks like we've got a great player in him.

Great news through with such thread titles I expect to read how he's off to Chelsea...
  • Joe Gomez has earned a call up to the England U19 squad for a game against Germany later this month, at the age of 17. It looks like we've got a great player in him.

Great news through with such thread titles I expect to read how he's off to Chelsea...
    I started to see congratulations from other youth players before I saw what it was about, and thought the same thing.
  • Delort's dad told me he is signing for Wigan on Tuesday.

Jeez, came on this thread as a break from the AD thread!
  • Didn't Germany U19's win the youth world cup this year? Great challenge for him
  • Delort's dad told me he is signing for Wigan on Tuesday.

Why have you put this on here, this is a thread about Joe Gomez, either you cannot red or you just like to be awkward
  • Whoooosh
  • ross1 said:

Delort's dad told me he is signing for Wigan on Tuesday.

Why have you put this on here, this is a thread about Joe Gomez, either you cannot red or you just like to be awkward
    Ooooooo. Touchy aint ya?
  • Sponsored links:

• Sorry, obviously I am the only one that gets fed up looking at threads that interest me, and finding someone has put on a comment that has nothing to do with it. Why don't we just have one thread and stick everything on that. And thank you, one spelling mistake does not mean I can't write, but you carry on defending this sort of nonsense, and no I am nor embarrassed, just fed up with people doing this
  • ross1 said:

Sorry, obviously I am the only one that gets fed up looking at threads that interest me, and finding someone has put on a comment that has nothing to do with it. Why don't we just have one thread and stick everything on that. And thank you, one spelling mistake does not mean I can't write, but you carry on defending this sort of nonsense, and no I am nor embarrassed, just fed up with people doing this

So he's not signing for Wigan?
  • Move on.
  • ok............Anyway back to the thread really pleased for young Joe. Well deserved and hopefully more England honours to come
  • Anyone worried about his contract already?

KM at the fan day last month mentioned him (I think) when explaining after the Poyet saga we are trying to secure all young talent on long contracts.

She went on to say something like, some players know how good they are and how good they will be in say 2 years time and so decide from an early stage to let their contract run with a view of moving on to bigger things.

Now, the two things could be unrelated, and I'm sure she was talking about Poyet rather than Gomez but it wouldn't hurt to see him sign a 4/5 year deal next week would it?
  • ross1 said:

Sorry, obviously I am the only one that gets fed up looking at threads that interest me, and finding someone has put on a comment that has nothing to do with it. Why don't we just have one thread and stick everything on that. And thank you, one spelling mistake does not mean I can't write, but you carry on defending this sort of nonsense, and no I am nor embarrassed, just fed up with people doing this

You need to lighten up a bit mate. It was clearly a joke...
  • Nor embarrassed?
  • This kid is gonna be special. Just praying we get 100 or so games out of him before he moves on to one of the top clubs.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited August 2014
    Hopefully joe will have a big future in the game had a nice chat with him the other week , he also signed my sons boots , I said to my son keep those boots boy, joe seems a sensible lad hopefully he will be our captain when we get back into the premiership , we can all dream.
  • ross1 said:

http://www.charltonlife.com/discussion/21946/taking-threads-away-from-their-original-subjects/p1

Knock yourself out
  • Huge congrats to Jo Go. He's something special and it's always good to see talent rewarded.
  • ross1 said:

Not.

• ross1 said:

Not.

That's two spelling mistakes lol
  • ross1 said:

I'm with you mate, I'm also fead up with it.....................
  • Anyone worried about his contract already?

KM at the fan day last month mentioned him (I think) when explaining after the Poyet saga we are trying to secure all young talent on long contracts.

She went on to say something like, some players know how good they are and how good they will be in say 2 years time and so decide from an early stage to let their contract run with a view of moving on to bigger things.

Now, the two things could be unrelated, and I'm sure she was talking about Poyet rather than Gomez but it wouldn't hurt to see him sign a 4/5 year deal next week would it?

I am convinced that she was talking about Joe when she mentioned that..

It doesn't take a rocket scientist to work out that in two years time he will be prem league quality. He knows that and so does his agent..

Would be painful to have another Poyet episode on our hands and I hope the club are pulling out all the stops to tie him down long term.

• KM I believe said that they were trying to secure him on a 4 year deal.
  • Great achievement for someone that is going to go to the very top but if he believes he will play in the premiership in 2 years, he'd be better off signing a 4 year deal and then getting 10% of the huge transfer when he moves there.
  • Great news !

Well done to young Joe and our Academy staff.