Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Disabled Parking Bays

Now, this is a fking carve up.
Must be at least 10% of all car parks dedicated to a majority of people who class themselves or by society as disabled.
Pisss off, I would say at least 95%of the people I see Park in disabled bays are no more disabled than me. Age, or a real disability, yh no probs but some of these people get them because they are no more than 'tired'

And people moan about having parent parking whilst trying to squeeze a baby through a 8'' gap cause some pricks parked up close to yours.

Really gets my goat the ratios of disabled bays to non disabled bays. Totally exaggerated.

Comments

• Options
    *settles back to watch this one*

For what it's worth I agree, the number of disabled bays in the Welling Tesco is ridiculous, car park always full and normally a whole row of empty disabled spaces
  • Options
  • Options
    I had to park in one because I just don't care, anyway I pretended to limp when I got out the car, apparently that's ok!
  • Options
    I couldn't find a disabled space yesterday, thankfully a couple of child spaces were free
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    There's no way I'm walking more than 6 feet from my white van to get my McDonald's breakfast. It's raining and I don't want my copy of the sun to get wet.

• Options
    I'm not disabled but I could add my thoughts but I'm not going to as this is obviously an attempt to have an arguement so I'm out.
  • Options
    i have to agree that in some car parks there is way too much disabled parking. And that's coming from someone who regularly has to ferry his 90-year-old stroke-affected Dad around, yes with a blue badge.
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    Wickes in Plumstead is a joke. Tiny car park with dozens of disabled spaces. In a bloody DIY/builders merchants?
  • Options

I'm not disabled but I could add my thoughts but I'm not going to as this is obviously an attempt to have an arguement so I'm out.

no it's not ;)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I have a disabled daughter and do agree when you go to some supermarkets there are way to many disabled parking bays and also agree there are many that take the piss as regards there disability and obtaining there blue badge.But I strongly disagree with some of the comments on here by some who are just trying to provoke an argument and those that park in these bays when they have no right too but then these are just the low life's of society.
  • Options
    We pretty much covered this in last week's 'debate'.

Since then, i doubt i've not been the only one being a bit more observent when in car parks. I've seen two people park and walk away from disabled bays with no clear disability or identified need, one being a women who parked and got out the car whilst on her mobile phone, and the other sadly, a couple of with Charlton gear in their car. Both had blue badges on display.
  • Options
    Plaaayer said:

I had to park in one the the other day because there was no more Parent and Child spaces left and I had my 14 year old in the car.

You could have put your car in the trolley and still had room for a weeks shopping. ;)
  • Options
    If you don't currently using a disabled parking space you will soon if you carry on.
  • Options
    As much as i despise people who abuse disabled bays. It pays to be careful indeed non-judgemental when you see a strapping bloke leap out of his car and run into the store.
    It is legal to use a blue-badge if the disabled person is in the car (but may not get out) Or when collecting a disabled person.
  • Options
    Some days in the car park at Bexley station there is an Aston Martin with a very expensive number plate parked in one of the disabled bays with a blue badge in the window.

The guy who parks there looks as fit as a fiddle to me.

I'm sure if you have the cash and know the right people you can get one of these badges on the knock.
  • Options
    Daggs said:

As much as i despise people who abuse disabled bays. It pays to be careful indeed non-judgemental when you see a strapping bloke leap out of his car and run into the store.
    It is legal to use a blue-badge if the disabled person is in the car (but may not get out) Or when collecting a disabled person.

That's very true. My disabled mate hasn't the physical strength to drive, so has a minder (usually, as you describe, some strapping bloke - they have to be that way to be able to hoist him about - so they are usually South African rugby players!). If he is out and about somewhere he has to carefully consider where his minder can park to pick him up again afterwards.

• Options
    I didn't realise Glenn Huddle was a member of CL.
  • Options
    I agree that many people that use blue badges are probably not the holder, but weve got to be careful not to judge people as not all disabilities are visable.
  • Options
    cafcfan said:

Daggs said:

That's very true. My disabled mate hasn't the physical strength to drive, so has a minder (usually, as you describe, some strapping bloke - they have to be that way to be able to hoist him about - so they are usually South African rugby players!). If he is out and about somewhere he has to carefully consider where his minder can park to pick him up again afterwards.

Can I apologise profusely for the totally unnecessary use of a split infinitive in that comment? It was wholly unintentional.