Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Press Day Today (24th Aug, page 31)

Comments

• Options

Errr... sometimes the players have the desire to run around??
  • Options
    Well thank the Lord we have a tactical genius like Robinson to help them do it.
  • Options
    But we are top of the nine team league at the bottom????
  • Options
    razil said:

He wants a squad of 22 equal quality players all competing for their positions, wants to bring in 8 or so while some will be asked to leave. Doesn't seem to add up to me

This want of 22 players, 2 competing for each position makes me laugh. Chelsea want/just about have this and they're top of the prem.

He's living in fantasy land if he things a below average league one club with a shit owner will have such a situation
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    At the end of the window he will big his squad up

"I've got 22 great players and real competition for places, I'm delighted with my squad"

At the end of September, after we've lost 3 on the spin

"I was disappointed in our transfer dealings {sigh}, I'm not blaming anyone (i.e. it's not my fault), we'll have to make the most of what we've got etc"
  • Options

At the end of the window he will big his squad up

"I've got 22 great players and real competition for places, I'm delighted with my squad"

At the end of September, after we've lost 3 on the spin

"I was disappointed in our transfer dealings {sigh}, I'm not blaming anyone (i.e. it's not my fault), we'll have to make the most of what we've got etc"

You missed out "I'm really angry about how some clubs have treated us because we're Charlton, maybe they are jealous of us but they were very unprofessional and that's why we didn't get the players we wanted"

he's used that the last two windows with two different clubs.
  • Options

Dizzle said:

I don't feel that Ajose has been given a fair try really. Just hasn't worked out for him with Slade's overly defensive and non creative tactics and now KR's formation preference

That's the problem when you change managers to one with a diffferent tactical philosophy...
    I dunno, he came in under Slade, but then he didn't seem to have the first idea how to utilise Ajose properly. Clearly we didn't create enough chances in general with Slade, but Ajose scored most of his goals last season running on to balls and Slade doesn't play that way, so it was an odd purchase IMO. Unless of course, we were already down the road to signing him before Slade arrived, so he had little choice.
    Ajose's scoring record seemed to be a knack of pouncing on loose balls in the box, not sure he adds a lot beyond that.

I wouldn't disagree but there is a place for a poacher type in many teams. Unfortunately most of the balls coming into the box under slade were high and not the kind of ball Ajose is going to be on the end of. It just puzzles me why Slade bought him (if he did).
    Yes, I think the response is over simplistic. It is true that some teams play more to a player's strengths than others of course, but it shouldn't be as black or white an issue as she tries to convey.
  • Options
    jams said:

Errr... sometimes the players have the desire to run around??

I reckon he's told them to run round clock wise, but Tony Watt can't tell the time.
  • Options

But we are top of the nine team league at the bottom????

Well i don't know about anyone else but i'm absolutely thrilled that our top 6 budget and aim to get back to the championship at the first attempt has actually in fact seen us striving to finish top of a group of 9 teams avoiding the drop that feature Bury, Shrewsbury, Oldham and Chesterfield. Well done Karl.
  • Options
    "running the right way"...yes -when we have the ball run towards the opponents goal,.....without it - run after the opposition player that has it.

Is that my coaching badge done ?
  • Options
    Surprised they haven't been training at least once a week at the ground anyway, I know Pulis does with his teams
  • Options
    Having long given up on KR as a grown up I am now more concerned that the good people at @CAFCOfficial feel the need, nay audacity to put this rubbish into the public domain! I mean come on, really?
  • Sponsored links: