Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Press Day Today (24th Aug, page 31)

Comments

• Options
    I have it on reasonably good authority that in order to placate Charlton fans, KM will take today's press briefing dressed as a Pearly Queen, speaking entirely in cockney rhyming slang.

Good luck with that KM, me old China.

• Options
    Has it happened?
  • Options
    Usually about now isn't it?
  • Options
    Really? nothing at all?
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:

Really? nothing at all?

Probably too short notice to get an interpreter lined up.
  • Options
    any chance of something today ?
  • Options
    At best normal unrevealing crappie patronising garbage
  • Options
    How did Press Day go today?

• Options
    Have we considered that Guy has been concentrating on getting his squad/team sorted for the Big One on Saturday ?

• Options

Have we considered that Guy has been concentrating on getting his squad/team sorted for the Big One on Saturday ?

I really hope so!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Nah, he's been responding to CL comments by giving the office a good tidy and clean.
    Apparently it makes a difference.

• Options
    I rarely feel sorry for the press but intervieing Luzon must be like interviewing Mourinho on mogodon
  • Options
    WSS said:

Bloody hell, what have we done to the poor bloke already?!

A week as Charlton manager has turned him from the picture below, to that... What is he going to look like next week?

• Options
    WSS said:

Accelerated Charltonisation?
  • Options
    wants to sign 2 more players before the deadline and hopes he can do it....CB and a striker perhaps?
  • Options
    aliwibble said:

WSS said:

Accelerated Charltonisation?
    Ha ha, sounds like a terrible disease. Presumably he has been up late all week trying to sort out transfera/tactics for the next game.

Either that or he has been on the beers!
  • Options
    If he looks like that after one week at the helm, what do we all look like after supporting them for as many years as we have?
  • Options
    Leave the fella alone, he's been too busy training with the squad, spying on Rotherham and assessing new players to have time for a shave.
  • Options
    Was there one today?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    if there was why bother telling the fans, Its been 3 days since the transfer window shut & I've heard nothing from the club about why they didn't bring anyone in.
  • Options
    cafc-west said:

Was there one today?

News shopper had some quotes. Assume they were from today.
  • Options

if there was why bother telling the fans, Its been 3 days since the transfer window shut & I've heard nothing from the club about why they didn't bring anyone in.

They had no attention of bringing anyone in, so why bother to mention it
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    http://www.newsshopper.co.uk/sport/11774747.Addicks_head_coach_continues_search_for_new_striker/

"Asked this lunchtime why they hadn’t been able to get a deal done on Monday, Luzon replied: “It not only depends on me - it depends on the market, it depends on the option that we had, and it depends also on the financial terms.

“For now we don’t find the one that we want to bring in. If we find the one he is not available.

“We will wait for the next window. We will see.

“Our scouts are searching for one who can help us and if we find him and he will agree to come then he will come.”
  • Options

http://www.newsshopper.co.uk/sport/11774747.Addicks_head_coach_continues_search_for_new_striker/

"Asked this lunchtime why they hadn’t been able to get a deal done on Monday, Luzon replied: “It not only depends on me - it depends on the market, it depends on the option that we had, and it depends also on the financial terms.

“For now we don’t find the one that we want to bring in. If we find the one he is not available.

“Our scouts are searching for one who can help us and if we find him and he will agree to come then he will come.”

I hope you are not taken in by this statement Henry, almost as good as the summer. "we tried to sign 2 players but could not get them signed in time", of course we believe
  • Options
    ross1 said:

I hope you are not taken in by this statement Henry, almost as good as the summer. "we tried to sign 2 players but could not get them signed in time", of course we believe
    "Taken in"? Where has that come from?

People were asking if there was a press day and what if anything had been said about the lack of deadline day transfers.

So I quoted what was reported. That is it. It's up to you whether you believe it or not.
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    Strikers, number 9's, centre forwards,Target man, call them what you want.
    What ever League you play in, from the Prem to the conference,
    the above earn the most money in their sides. FACT

What part of that statement, does KM and Roland not understand.
  • Options
    timken said:

writing the word FACT in capital letters does not make an opinion a FACT although in this instance it is a fact.

In capital letters because i was like shouting, and it's a FACT.
    Plus e.mailed every club who confirmed the goal scorer was top earner.
    Didn't tell me how much thou.

Not the case in the USA as when Beckham went to LA he was on 20 times what
    the strikers were earning.