Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Press Day Today (24th Aug, page 31)

Comments

• Options
    Ben18 said:

Bob Peeters faces the press ahead of Millwall home game

BP: I am not interested in stats and previous records against teams.

BP: We haven't beaten Millwall in however many years, but we hadn't won at Reading since 1981 and we went and did that.

I noticed that as well. Very funny.
  • Options
    Should we risk igor against them thugs they'll win anyway.tossers
  • Options
    'We have a lot of players to choose from'
    Not from goalscorers you don't mate.
  • Options
    Maybe Bob is trying to get Millwall's hopes up before inflicting a telling psychological blow when the team sheets are presented at 2.30 and Igor is leading the attack. He is probably one of a relatively small number of players in the division capable of provoking real anxiety in the opposition.

I've not paid much attention to Millwall this (or any other) season but one of the journalists who covers them wrote that they usually start strongly and have a tendency to fade in the second half. If that's right, it might feed into Bob's tactical approach, especially if Igor isn't fit to start.
  • Options
    I think he is just keeping Millwall guessing,

I would imagine teams would prepare differently for Igor than say George so having that uncertainty i hope would mean they are not 100% sure who they are facing an how to prepare.
  • Options
    Southbank said:

'We have a lot of players to choose from'
    Not from goalscorers you don't mate.

Johnny Jackson can chip in with the odd goal, lets see eh.
  • Options
    fully expect Igor to play (and start)
  • Options

I think he is just keeping Millwall guessing,

I would imagine teams would prepare differently for Igor than say George so having that uncertainty i hope would mean they are not 100% sure who they are facing an how to prepare.

Not rocket science - just plan for the two scenarios, one with Igor playing and one with him not.

Oh hang on a minute - it's Holloway.

Yes what you said!!
  • Options

Igor will be fine.

Those who were at Bromley Addicks know that.

Alright Henry, we can't all be Bromley Addicks, taking in a trip to the Glades shopping centre, followed by a swim at the Pavilion and round it all off with a night in Delanos........
  • Options
    George will start and score, Igor will come of the bench and also score. Someone will get sent off, either Bikey or Shitty.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited November 2014
    might be a blessing in disguise if Buyens isn't fit on Saturday - put Cousins in the middle with JJ & the Frenchman & then Hariott on the left & Guddy on the right....with Igor up top.
  • Options
    Thank you Forever for the updates
  • Options
    Yes cheers FA.
  • Options

Charlton Athletic FC@CAFCofficial · 17m 17 minutes ago

Bob Peeters will be here any minute to face the press ahead of Saturday's game. Updates to follow... #cafc
  • Options
    Bob Peeters is here and Pressday is off and under way... #cafc

the excitement.....
  • Options

Charlton Athletic FC@CAFCofficial · 27s 27 seconds ago

BP: We have had good training this week. I was very disappointed on Saturday because we gave the game away. #cafc
  • Options

Charlton Athletic FC@CAFCofficial · 8s 8 seconds ago

BP: For 70-75 minutes we played some of our best football of the season. When you create that many chances you can't lose the game. #cafc
  • Options

Charlton Athletic FC@CAFCofficial · 11s 11 seconds ago

BP: I didn't speak to my players afterwards, but when I reflect on it maybe I should have done it differently. I am only human. #cafc
  • Options

Charlton Athletic FC@CAFCofficial · 9s 9 seconds ago

BP: Everyone knows we are looking for a striker. They have to have the right profile and at this moment they are expensive. #cafc
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Charlton Athletic FC@CAFCofficial · now

BP: If we keep on playing the way we have then we are going to win games. We need to punish teams. #cafc
  • Options

Charlton Athletic FC@CAFCofficial · 10s 10 seconds ago

BP: Forest will be a very tough game, but I have confidence in my team and if we keep playing the way we have then we will get results #cafc
  • Options

Charlton Athletic FC@CAFCofficial · now

BP confirms that Yoni Buyens is a doubt to travel with the squad to @Official_NFFC, but will be assessed in training on Friday. #cafc
  • Options

Charlton Athletic FC@CAFCofficial · 6s 6 seconds ago

BP confirms that Stephen Henderson has been ruled out of Saturday's game. #cafc
  • Options

Charlton Athletic FC@CAFCofficial · 3s 3 seconds ago

BP says Franck Moussa also a major doubt, while Rhoys Wiggins will step up his rehabilitation next week. #cafc
  • Options

Charlton Athletic FC@CAFCofficial · 4s 4 seconds ago

BP: The guys who are playing can do the job so we need to focus on them and let the injured players focus on their rehabilitation. #cafc
  • Options
    I'd completely forgotten about Moussa !!!
  • Options
    6 minutes !
  • Options
    Nothing about Igor being 50/50 for the game?
  • Options
    PL54 said:

6 minutes !

Are they getting shorter PL?