Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Coventry City back to the Ricoh Arena

Comments

• Options
    That article is hilarious

"If everybody in the stadium wanted to catch the train home, it would take nearly 18 days for it to empty."

I wonder why London Midland are turning down the extra business.
  • Options
    edited August 2015
    IA said:

"If everybody in the stadium wanted to catch the train home, it would take nearly 18 days for it to empty."

Where's the famous patience and stiff up a lip this country was famed for?

Tsk
  • Options
    Thank god the national stadium wasn't built in the midlands.
  • Options
    IA said:

Wonder how many week it would take to empty London Bridge if everyone went home via SouthEastern!!
  • Options
    It seems that phase 2 of the project is needed before a decent service can be operated on the line. A shortage of diesel trains doesn't help either

I can't imagine Wasps are impressed either
  • Options
    IA said:

That's assuming a full stadium. Attendance at their last home game was 11,511 - so it would actually only be 7 days. I can't see what everyone's moaning about.

Sensationalist media at it again.

• Options
    What a joke. I went to a game at West Brom a few years ago on a corporate freebie and wanted to go on the train from my home in Kidderminster so I could enjoy the free bar. Trains didn't stop at the Hawthorns station (5 minute walk from the ground) for an hour before or after the game. We're talking 7 or 8 years ago now so it nay have changed, but Coventry isn't the only one.

We had that crazy situation a couple of years ago for the cup final as well when planned rail maintenance meant it was near on impossible for Liverpool fans to get to Wembley by train from Liverpool and there were major road works on the M6 and M1 at the same time. And how often do people have to leave games early, especially if a cup tie goes to extra time in order to catch the last train home.

Out here in Edmonton when there are major events at the Commonwealth Stadium, which has a capacity of about 55,000, for about an hour either side of the game/concert they run extra trains to the stadium's LRT station (about 1 every 3 to 5 mins) and put on extra busses from park and ride stops around the city (including putting the school busses that would otherwise be parked up to good use) and travel on these services is free with your match ticket. A lot of local bars and restaurants also offer a free minibus to the games if you have a meal or some drinks there before and/or after and you can often buy tickets through those restaurants too. It's almost as if the City wants its residents to get out and enjoy the amenities and events available to them.
  • Options
    NLA'S favourite subject…..interesting but not surprising how Cov fans seem relatively happy with their lot at the moment. It seems the owners from hell have given their management team a strict budget and just let them get on with it, as long as its within budget. Is this a model that Charlton could work with if a more footballing CEO took Katriens place ?
  • Options
    Coventry fans are not happy. They are downtrodden and angry but ultimately helpless.

They laugh (what else can they do) at how shoddily everything to do with their club is handled. I do not want to be like Coventry as much as I am not enjoying having a lunatic Belgian and his lapdog in charge at CAFC
  • Options
    Carter said:

Coventry fans are not happy. They are downtrodden and angry but ultimately helpless.

They laugh (what else can they do) at how shoddily everything to do with their club is handled. I do not want to be like Coventry as much as I am not enjoying having a lunatic Belgian and his lapdog in charge at CAFC

You should be grateful you do not live in Coventry!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Carter said:

Yep. Awful, arsehole of a place
  • Options
    Carter said:

They laugh (what else can they do) at how shoddily everything to do with their club is handled.

Atleast there's comfort in the fact they aint happy
  • Options
    EFL have written to Coventry to ask for clarity on where they plan to play home games next season or face expulsion from the League.
  • Options
    Roland will probably offer them the bloody Valley! Few quid in his pocket....
  • Options
    Quite like the stadium......pretty easy to get to & not bad parking.
  • Options
    The only time I'm happy that the stadium is out of town. Cov is a toilet.
  • Options
    EFL have written to Coventry to ask for clarity on where they plan to play home games next season or face expulsion from the League.
    great i fucking hate them
    Really? You should’ve let us know!
  • Options
    Carter said:
    Coventry fans are not happy. They are downtrodden and angry but ultimately helpless. They laugh (what else can they do) at how shoddily everything to do with their club is handled. I do not want to be like Coventry as much as I am not enjoying having a lunatic Belgian and his lapdog in charge at CAFC
    Yep. Awful, arsehole of a place
    Croydon said:
    The only time I'm happy that the stadium is out of town. Cov is a toilet.
    Coventry fans are not happy. They are downtrodden and angry but ultimately helpless. They laugh (what else can they do) at how shoddily everything to do with their club is handled. I do not want to be like Coventry as much as I am not enjoying having a lunatic Belgian and his lapdog in charge at CAFC
    great i fucking hate them
    Now I know why "Being sent to Coventry" is such a derogatory term.
  • Options
    There was an article about SISU and their mismanagement at Coventry in yesterday's Observer.  I hadn't realised how appallingly they've treated the club, the fans and the owners of the stadium.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Have Coventry sorted out where they are playing next year? EFL were threatening to throw them out the league if not resolved soon.
  • Options
    Word locally is that they may well have The Ricoh again next season, but will try and confirm at work today. EFL meeting is today about what to do if they haven't got it.
  • Options
    If Coventry's results are expunged, it'll improve our position :wink:
  • Options
    Word locally is that they may well have The Ricoh again next season, but will try and confirm at work today. EFL meeting is today about what to do if they haven't got it.
    I'd be surprised if they don't play there next season, it's an endless saga though
  • Options
    The Pompey/Cov match was on the telly. The commentators seemed pretty sure that Wasps and the football club would come to a positive agreement. If memory serves, there is a meeting between the Wasps and City powers that be this Thursday. Fingers crossed.
  • Options
    edited April 2019
    If Coventry are kicked out and results removed:

Barnsley - 87
    Luton - 86
    Sunderland - 83
    Charlton -82
    Portsmouth - 80

Do the right thing EFL, there's no room for sentiment in football these days, get rid of them!!!

You to complete the season. Don't expunge their results. They won't get int eh play-offs or go down. Make all their results count. Kick them out after the season. Just give 21st in League 1 place a stay of execution. Give 23rd in League 2 a stay of execution. Then see if the National League will accept them anywhere in their pyramid. If not give the best places a stay of execution. If not let the governing leagues deal with it till they are accepted. But At this  stage of the season expunging would be very unfair on the rest of the division if sombody misses out on something they have worked so hard for. Integrity of the EFL competition.
  • Options

Barnsley - 87
    Luton - 86
    Sunderland - 83
    Charlton -82
    Portsmouth - 80

Do the right thing EFL, there's no room for sentiment in football these days, get rid of them!!!

You to complete the season. Don't expunge their results. They won't get int eh play-offs or go down. Make all their results count. Kick them out after the season. Just give 21st in League 1 place a stay of execution. Give 23rd in League 2 a stay of execution. Then see if the National League will accept them anywhere in their pyramid. If not give the best places a stay of execution. If not let the governing leagues deal with it till they are accepted. But At this  stage of the season expunging would be very unfair on the rest of the division if sombody misses out on something they have worked so hard for. Integrity of the EFL competition.
    EFL and integrity are not 2 words you often hear in the same sentence (unless it’s the EFL have none)
  • Options
    F@@k Coventry 
  • Options

Barnsley - 87
    Luton - 86
    Sunderland - 83
    Charlton -82
    Portsmouth - 80

EFL and integrity are not 2 words you often hear in the same sentence (unless it’s the EFL have none)
    Very true DM. But as they have only two games to go play these two games. Then relegate them if neccessary.