Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

(was) Malky Mackay (now just cafc / cpfc squabbling)

I know this has been spoken about a lot on the Tony Pulis thread but feel a thing this serious deserves a thread of its own

There are reports Iain Moody has now resigned from Palace as well.

in case anyone has missed this story
Palace were found guilty and fined by the FA for spying on Cardiff and getting there team before it was announced.
Cardiff are suing Palace for that and I believe suing Moody as well

now Malky Mackay has been accused of racist, sexiest and Homophobic comments, texts and emails

Comments

• I thought MacKay was a dead cert for the Norwich job when it came up, they obviously had been tipped off about this.

Can't see Malky getting another job at a high level
  • what I want to know is who the two Cardiff players are that gave the team news to Moody. Also why they was no greater sanction against Palace as their employee was basically trying to gain an advantage by unfair means. Also, was Pulis complicit in this?
  • edited August 2014
    Perhaps there is more to Pulis' resignation then we first thought...
  • Perhaps there is more to Pulis' resignation then we first thought...

Good point. This really does stink and you can't help but think it will drag on....

Pretty sure Sherwood won't care though and just try to get on with it.
  • A strange situation, Malky made an unexpected apology at the end of last season which seemed odd (a sacked manager apologising to his former club) and I would have assumed that would wipe the slate clean contractually between the two parties, but evidentially not
  • If the texts from him are shown to be true then I hope he never works in football again.
  • Fiiiiiish said:

Perhaps there is more to Pulis' resignation then we first thought...

Good point. This really does stink and you can't help but think it will drag on....

Pretty sure Sherwood won't care though and just try to get on with it.
    Yes it does indeed, tbf it only clicked when I saw @largeAddick mentioned him. In all honesty it's a terrible situation for the premier league and english football but if I had to hand pick the two clubs I wanted to be involved, well let's just say I'm not disappointed.

I like Sherwood, felt he was treated a bit unfairly at spurs and normally I'd say good luck to him, but...
  • Obviously you don't know how true they are, but there are a couple of examples of messages he sent in this link

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/cardiff-city/11047646/Malky-Mackay-texts-scandal-the-damning-evidence-discovered-by-Cardiff-chairman-Vincent-Tan.html

Once again I would like to point out these are allegations and not been proved yet, don't want to get sued myself lol
  • edited August 2014
    The fact that multiple newspapers have printed them, I think you are safe.

Have we had a quote from the society of black lawyers yet - they are normally not slow in casting the first stone
  • If true, him and Moody are in deep shit.
  • Sponsored links:

• Coincidentally I'm just watching a documentary presented by Lillian Thuram about the France '98 World Cup win and what it did for race relations in French football and France in general. Malky and his mates should give it a watch.
  • Obviously you don't know how true they are, but there are a couple of examples of messages he sent in this link

htt//www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/cardiff-city/11047646/Malky-Mackay-texts-scandal-the-damning-evidence-discovered-by-Cardiff-chairman-Vincent-Tan.html

Once again I would like to point out these are allegations and not been proved yet, don't want to get sued myself lol

Sad day for football if true? if premiership managers act in this way and hope he get punished according
    Never in a million years would a story ever come out like this about curbs or powell

• It does make you wonder if there was more to the email from Tan to Mackay asking (or telling) him to resign on the 19th December last year.

It is beginning to look like Tan was offering Mackay a way out but the manager wanted a big payoff so wanted to be sacked, opposed to resigning and getting nothing.

It might just be that the greed of the man has cost him everything. I don't want to make too much of a leap but it does look like Tan had something on Mackay otherwise why would he have withdrawn his court case and issued an apology. I thought at the time that a financial deal had been done, maybe not.

Clearly this is all just speculation on my part.
  • edited August 2014
    Ridiculously overrated manager and by the looks of the texts (if real) a real piece of dirt.

He was a vicious and horrible player too; remember watching him vs Charlton a number of times and he was dirty piece of s**t.

I've hated the guy for years prior to this so I hope he never works again, gets crucified for it and loses all respect from his friends and peers.

• think someone ought to put the film of the popcorn eater here

this story will run and run if Mackay is supposed to be a promising manager and is stupid enough to use this kind of language god help the rest of them ...its part of a football "culture" that so sorely exposes the intellect of those in our domestic game ..

not saying that Cardiff or Tan deserve better mind you but the Game itself deserves it
  • lolwray said:

...its part of a football "culture" that so sorely exposes the intellect of those in our domestic game ..

I can regrettably confirm that this is an absolute statement of fact.
  • Vincent Tan changed Cardiff's colours which is obviously a bad thing. He also gave loads of money and got them success.
    It has been easy for many to paint Vincent Tan as some kind of Bond Villain but it looks as if the bloke is actually quite an impressive person and has had to handle a tricky situation.
    When Mackay left Cardiff, lots of people were quick to line up the goodies and the baddies, but subsequent events are going a long way towards vindicating Vincent Tan.
  • se9addick said:

Coincidentally I'm just watching a documentary presented by Lillian Thuram about the France '98 World Cup win and what it did for race relations in French football and France in general. Malky and his mates should give it a watch.

Apparently everyone went out and kicked some Saudis...
  • Moody walking away was confirmed
  • Sponsored links:

• seth plum said:

Vincent Tan changed Cardiff's colours which is obviously a bad thing. He also gave loads of money and got them success.
    It has been easy for many to paint Vincent Tan as some kind of Bond Villain but it looks as if the bloke is actually quite an impressive person and has had to handle a tricky situation.
    When Mackay left Cardiff, lots of people were quick to line up the goodies and the baddies, but subsequent events are going a long way towards vindicating Vincent Tan.

This^^

It's actually looking like Tan acted in a very decent way towards MM, maybe too decent in fact considering what he'd been up to, by coming up with the over-spending excuse for sacking him rather than the real reasons that are coming to light now.

In life it's good to know who your real friends are.
  • The Daily Wail seems to have been at the forefront of an investigation into Mackay and Moody.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2730659/Iain-Moody-resigns-Crystal-Palace-role-exchanging-shocking-texts-Malky-Mackay.html

If the allegations have foundation, then it looks like they might both have trouble working in football ever again - and rightly so. If the FA is serious about kicking racism out of football then these texts *should* have them seeing red.
  • seth plum said:

Vincent Tan changed Cardiff's colours which is obviously a bad thing. He also gave loads of money and got them success.

Perhaps, one thing for certain, he's not to be f*cked with.

Mackay can't be a racist, Chris Powell is one of his best friends in England...
  • "We've got to try and make sure we live our lives correctly and stand up to certain incidents when they happen and make sure they get dealt with straight away." (Chris Powell, speaking on racism in 2011)

He's presumably right behind Tan on this one then.
  • "We've got to try and make sure we live our lives correctly and stand up to certain incidents when they happen and make sure they get dealt with straight away." (Chris Powell, speaking on racism in 2011)

He's presumably right behind Tan on this one then.

except tan waited til mackay was going to get another job to leak these texts (presuming for a moment tan was the one that leaked them) and submit the dossier. He didn't deal with it straight away.
  • I know, I was just making the point that I feel for Chris Powell that his good mate Malky was actually a racist sh*t who didn't even have the brains to keep his poisonous opinions to himself.
  • I know, I was just making the point that I feel for Chris Powell that his good mate Malky was actually a racist sh*t who didn't even have the brains to keep his poisonous opinions to himself.

clutching at straws but it couldve just been moody sending those text messages. Then again there would be guilt through affiliation for mackay.