Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Rotherham Away

Why has Rotherham away been put on such a restricted sale basis ? Yes it's a new ground but if we have a demand which exceeds an initial 2,338 (which judging by the way it's written on the OS, there's an option for more?) then I will be pleasantly surprised?

I don't want to re-open a can of worms here on away ticket sales but I think Charlton are making things overly complicated and risk losing sales. A fair % of away support travel by train, meaning that the earlier you get your train tickets the cheaper it is. The club are, in my opinion, being overly cautious here and unless you're prepared to bite the bullet and buy a train ticket in advance then you're likely going to get a hefty increase if you don't register high on the restricted sale basis.

When C.A.S.T. next get to meet with the club, can this be raised? I mentioned on the Brentford Away thread that one way to overcome disgruntled fans missing out on the more desirable games is by offering an incentive to buy one away ticket and select one of another selected group of matches. This is win win as it means the less popular matches will be better attended. Food for thought ?

Comments

• Options
    If you think they are being overly cautious(which they are) buy a train ticket.
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    I can't see us taking up the full allocation. I should be alright (Jack) this time with S/T and twice as many qualifying away ticket purchases last season :-)
    Edit; @ElfsborgAddick‌ is your man but at a quick glance without saver cards etc the return fare is about £42 compared to the Valley Away coaches £20 albeit not everyone's cup of tea.
  • Options
    be lucky to take a thousand. They need to be more flexible for certain games. Problem is that there is no-one there with sufficient experience of these matters so it seems the restrictions will apply to ALL games whether required or not.
  • Options
    If we had an allocation of 1000, I could understand it but with that many tickets, it is an odd decision by the club. Everyone who wants to go will get a ticket.....
  • Options
    New ground syndrome
  • Options
    I'd prefer them to be overcautious if it means avoiding future cock-ups like Brentford away. If our good start continues then I think there's every chance we'll take a good crowd up there. We love a new ground.
  • Options
    edited August 2014

If you think they are being overly cautious(which they are) buy a train ticket.

I've already got both train and match ticket. Just think it's a a bit ridiculous and could end up having a detrimental effect on the number that go.

As @HandG mentions, understandable if only 1,000 but 2,338 and with the potential for more !!??

@RedChaser‌ got mine for £37, mind you that was nearly a month back.

Come on Charlton, sort this out please....
  • Options
    You could have asked for it to be dicussed at the Fans Forum.

http://www.cafc.co.uk/news/article/20140819-fans-forum-1839074.aspx

But too late now.
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    Dansk_Red said:

But too late now.

What's wrong with raising it under AOB?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Have to agree with Spanish here. And we've been doing it for years. Lots of people can't buy till very close to the games and then that puts people off- especially if its a longer away game as trains are expensive
  • Options
    RedChaser said:

Dansk_Red said:

But too late now.

Meeting was last night but no harm in asking Jean/Fanny.

But you could also raise it with Addickted as he's on the Safety Advisory Group so more their area.

PS why no Museum rep on the Fans Forum? : -)
  • Options
    No way will we sell out this but just in case, RedPanda's sorting me out. Strange decision mind.
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    Was it Henners, only the article on the OS if I've read correctly says the meeting isn't until 4 September vide;
    'The newly-expanded group will be meeting at The Valley on Thursday, September 4th and anyone who wishes to raise items to be considered for inclusion on the agenda should email cafcfansforum@talktalk.net before 5pm on Wednesday, August 20th.
    Read more at http://www.cafc.co.uk/news/article/20140819-fans-forum-1839074.aspx#op22KolY0XlDJsTw.99
    Hence my suggestion for @Spanish‌ to raise it under AOB, alternative suggestions appreciated though :-)
  • Options

RedChaser said:

Dansk_Red said:

But too late now.

Meeting was last night but no harm in asking Jean/Fanny.

But you could also raise it with Addickted as he's on the Safety Advisory Group so more their area.

PS why no Museum rep on the Fans Forum? : -)
    The Meeting is 4th September

• Options
    Was impressed that Watford took over 1k there in the week.
    No chance in hell of us selling anywhere near that initail allocation.
  • Options
    Cuff said:

Have to agree with Spanish here. And we've been doing it for years. Lots of people can't buy till very close to the games and then that puts people off- especially if its a longer away game as trains are expensive

But if it's not going to sell out why cant you buy your train tickets before hand.

• Options
    edited August 2014
    Have tickets gone on sale yet?

(ed) yes you idiot didn't you read the first post?
  • Options

Was impressed that Watford took over 1k there in the week.
    No chance in hell of us selling anywhere near that initail allocation.

I'm not so sure, if we can continue our great form I think a lot more would be more willing to make the trip.
  • Options
    Bought my train ticket yonks ago, not getting match ticket until I get paid, no way it's selling out
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    mu mistake.

Still time to get an invite then : - )
  • Options
    Nicholas said:

Cuff said:

But if it's not going to sell out why cant you buy your train tickets before hand.

Your missing the point @Nicholas. I bought my rail tickets in July, long before I had any idea of allocation etc etc. Fortunately I have a good record of away games from last season and I also have a good mate who is in the top tier of allocation, so I was always going to be ok. The problem however is that it's not just VG, ST & VIP's that travel. In fact I wouldn't mind betting that a fair % of our away support aren't any of the above. I'm not saying that they shouldn't get some form of priority but as in the case of Brighton away, which has only just gone on general sale since 'phase 1' July 31st !! How much time do these categories need to decide if they want to go ??

I am not aware that the club have made any polls with the fans, asking for feedback specifically on this. Sure they have the stats but if you ask most supporters I would believe there would be a large % who were unhappy with the methods of sale. There isn't one formula that will please all but I think when you look at the system in place for Rotherham and Brighton it is grossly out of touch. I'd love to be proven wrong and see that we sell out, even after going on General Sale.

• Options
    This is going to be one of those sit on your hands jobbys for me as I am going with a Rotherham supporting work mate and will be in with the home fans.
  • Options
    I do agree the timing's don't need to be as long but I do think they have the priority system right. I'm not a VIP or VG member but happy to wait.
  • Options

This is going to be one of those sit on your hands jobbys for me as I am going with a Rotherham supporting work mate and will be in with the home fans.

You'll stick out like a sore thumb though, as you'll probably be the only one without a shellsuit and a tache
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    ads said:

You'll stick out like a sore thumb though, as you'll probably be the only one without a shellsuit and a tache
    Rotherham's in South Yorkshire not Merseyside Eh Eh :-0
    http://www.orioncostumes.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/686111.jpg
  • Options
    Nicholas said:

Cuff said:

When theres all sorts of restrictions it makes people think it will sell out. And it puts people off bcause its harder or perceived to be harder to sit together
  • Options
    ads said:

No, should be fine - he has been Stockported !!!