Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Found this on my car windscreen today. Thoughts?

Back story. I park my car half way to the station some days in the week when I cant be bothered to walk it. Left it there for a few days and I get this.

It is legally parked, not blocking anyone in, is taxed.

Found it quite amusing and love the last line.
Car.JPG 746.5K

Comments

• I would park it there more, cheeky bastards!
  • Makes you want to go and park there.
  • Anyone want the address? haha
  • Just in case there is a device of some sort on board?

WTF
  • I'm afraid it is unaesthetically pleasing when someone insists on parking outside your house everyday. I do sympathise with the other party. (Sorry)
  • You own the house - not the road.
  • It is a free for all when it comes to parking, first come first served and all that, mind you if the people go to the trouble of doing that note, they may go further and key your car.
  • Write your own letter and place it on your dashboard next time you part there - something along the lines of "if you don't like my car parking here, then perhaps you need to seek professional counseling"
  • Reported it to the police????
  • Sponsored links:

• Does seem a bit anal retentive to say the least.
    Having said that; available parking space is fast disappearing, what with our 2 or 3 car families -people get a bit precious about their own patch.
  • Put a sticker on the car saying "Warning: Device on Board"

Superb! I may have to do this. The car is a Clio I've owned for 11 years.....if they key the car then I know where they live.

GIFSoup
  • My girlfriend, who is a support worker and works with adults with severe learning difficulties in West Norwood, once drove to work and parked her car legally down some road for the duration of that working day. When she came back to her car there was a note under her windscreen wiper saying 'you don't damn well live here, so don't damn well park here'.

Very pleasant.
  • It must be annoying if you can't find a space for your own car when somebody from down the road, as you say, "can't be bothered to walk". But you're well within your rights and they really need to get a life.
  • do commuters really park in Wansunt Road for the station? Still quite a schlepp from there isn't it. I used to walk it from Cold Blow Crescent through the alley's, past Dorothy Squires mansion (before it burnt down), through the field, past the cemetary. Those were the days.
  • This is just pathetic. If they have an issue with people parking on the road who don't live there tell them to contact the council and ask for controlled parking.

We live in one of the few areas in the village where there isn't controlled parking and it's a pain in the arse to get a space sometimes, especially because we don't have a drive. A few years back the local residents (including us) voted against controlled parking...we only have ourselves to blame.
  • I get annoyed by people constantly parking outside our house but I know parking is at a premium in our area and most of the people round here have more cars than they have space on drives and garages so it's kind of inevitable.

Putting a note on someone's windscreen when it is legally parked however is totally pathetic and, if I was robroy, I would park there more often and leave notes on my own windscreen to annoy whatever sad bastard did it.
  • Sponsored links:

• I would look at that note as a warning.......

I would leave that note on your front window when you park and attach a reply ..
    That you have informed the Police of this letter and find the content threatening plus the condition of your car has been noted and put your name on it.

Sad thing is some people will not park there again for fear of retribution
  • I have reported this letter to the police as a matter of course in case there are noxious substances in the ink.
  • It is what you pay road tax for : to park legally where you wish .
  • @Chizz that's brilliant!
  • If the council put in controlled parking don't they charge you for a permit? I think I'd rather take my chances than give the council any more money!
  • I live in a quiet close, near to local shops and the station. There is always someone parked in front of my house - it used to slightly piss me off but I just accept it. No way would I consider in a million years writing a note like the one you found. The world will be a safer place when the people in that house acknowledge they need counselling.
  • I watched a tv programme a few months back where residents of a road close to a station (cant remember where , but in a leafy Surrey suburb) started doing the same thing. Their beef was that the station car park charged £8 a day & was half empty whereas their road, about a 5 min walk away was chock full of cars. They eventually got together and moved their cars over night so no-one else could park..................so your not the first !! lol
  • Surely if you live near a station you should expect it, it's not like the station suddenly sprung up overnight, just like if you lived near a school you can expect chaos between 8-9 and 3-4.

Absolute bellends.