Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The Huddersfield Job

Apparently they will appoint a new manager this week.
CP was mentioned before as a possible candidate. If it happened that would be just to weird would it not.

Comments

• Options
    No, i would be happy for him to get that job, he deserves another chance & they are not a scummy club we hate, the last thing i wanted was another Curbs at West Ham situation.
  • Options
    Said to my brother on Saturday he would be hired and his first game in charge will be against us
  • Options
    edited August 2014

No, i would be happy for him to get that job, he deserves another chance & they are not a scummy club we hate, the last thing i wanted was another Curbs at West Ham situation.

I would be happy as well. It would just seem strange that it would be against us.
    I doubt it will happen all the same.
  • Options
    Perfect level of club for him based on his experience as Huddersfield were pretty much neck and neck with Charlton for 3-4 years (and I guess they still are).
  • Options
    Yer I thought because we mostly lose it is treated as a huge deal because of that.
  • Options
    Kluivert interested?
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    He has slightly drifted out in the betting odds at the moment but I think it would be a very good challenge for SCP. All the luck in the world if he does take it.
  • Options
    SCP has got it ... Get on it if you can but don't blame if it don't happen ... Reasonable source
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    SCP is the clear favorite on pretty much every betting site.
  • Options
    Matt Slater ‏@mattslaterbbc 49s

Fingers crossed for Chris Powell getting Huddersfield Town gig. Interviewed earlier this week & a nice fit for club with good youth policy
  • Options
    A slight step down for SCP, as Huddersfield haven't been in the top flight for over 40 years, but a decent job nevertheless.
  • Options
    Club at a low ebb so not too many expectations but with a relatively wealthy owner will to spend some money.

Maybe should hold out for the Fulham job instead.
  • Options
    Hold on Chris the Fulham job will be available soon
  • Options
    Think the Fulham chairman has already demonstrated an inability to make sensible managerial appointments, doubt he'd go for Powell on that basis. Take the Huddersfield job Chris, let the Cottagers appoint Glenn Hoddle/Kenny Dalglish/Geoffrey from Rainbow.
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    I reckon its too far up north for Dale Chris.
  • Options
    Good luck SCP, decent family club like us, will hopefully do a good job for them, other then when they play us the other 5 times this season.
  • Options

Club at a low ebb so not too many expectations but with a relatively wealthy owner will to spend some money.

Maybe should hold out for the Fulham job instead.

Hold on Chris the Fulham job will be available soon

Thanks Colin
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I though Chris would be better suited for the Palace job...........ex-player & all that.
  • Options
    If Huddersfield Town fans can accept the 'southern' nature of Chris Powell, and he can accept relocating, then you have a fine club coming together with a fine manager.
    If the Huddersfield chairperson appoints Chris Powell it would at least mean that Huddersfield are led by somebody with a bit of taste and a bit of class.
    I would love to see Chris have a successful time at Huddersfield.
    One thing's for sure if they are looking for personal integrity they will not do better in any way shape or form.
  • Options

A slight step down for SCP, as Huddersfield haven't been in the top flight for over 40 years, but a decent job nevertheless.

I think this is a very arrogant attitude to espouse, myself. None of us should have a problem with Huddersfield either, so it's not like they deserve the needle. If CP goes to the Galpharm, good luck to him - it'd be a good fit IMO. Huddersfield are a club of good stature.
  • Options
    seth plum said:

If Huddersfield Town fans can accept the 'southern' nature of Chris Powell, and he can accept relocating, then you have a fine club coming together with a fine manager.
    If the Huddersfield chairperson appoints Chris Powell it would at least mean that Huddersfield are led by somebody with a bit of taste and a bit of class.
    I would love to see Chris have a successful time at Huddersfield.
    One thing's for sure if they are looking for personal integrity they will not do better in any way shape or form.

But could they cope with his knighthood, seth ?

• Options
    Hoping he doesn't take over until Monday!!
  • Options
    From the title I assumed you were referring to the job, we all hope, that we will be doing to the Hudders on Saturday.
  • Options
    edited August 2014

• Options
    I tried to post a link but the Daily Mail claims Powell is about to be appointed
  • Options

I tried to post a link but the Daily Mail claims Powell is about to be appointed

here
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2739312/Chris-Powell-set-Huddersfield-Town-s-new-manager.html