Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

oi jimmy melrose

that picture on the programme you have on the details bit about you...is that the everton game at sellout when he hit a hat-trick ?

Comments

• What a game, one of the first I really remember done a sponsored walk around the pitch before it (Well One Lap) Think Sheedy got there 2. Can't remember how the scoring went thou can you??
  • Sheedy pegged us back twice if I remember....with free-kicks in front of the Sainsburys end, before Melrose hit the winner...
  • the first, and one of the few, games i managed to get my late father to go to when we were playing at sellout (he sent both our s/tickets back after the stoke match - i had to keep paying on the day after that and couldn't see the point in buying another s/ticket until we went to upton park)...a great game and result...
  • I think it's a picture against Leicester actually, which was just one week after. I think I requested this to the programme editor as they were of course one of my previous teams. I remember that we won all four games in October that season after a not too good start. Hope that happens this season!

Did you get a refund for your season ticket?
  • I think the scoring went one-nil, one-one, two-one, two-two (half-time score) Melrose getting the winner from a John Pearson flick-on in the second half.

"I remember that we won all four games in October that season after a not too good start"

Wet Sham 3-1 (Melrose, Walsh and Pearson)...great match.
    Everton as above
    Leicester 2-0 or 2-1
    Who else...was it Southampton?
  • Leicester was 2-0. We started the season with a 1-0 win at Chelsea.
  • First match was 1-1 against Sheff Weds (Rob Lee). Then we played and beat Man U 1-0 (Mark Stuart).
  • Yeah, I went to my first ever away game (except Gillingham)in between those two games, at Forest, and we got thrashed. I remember being overawed by the sheer size of the stadium, the atmosphere etc. Funny now that that's been reversed.

1-1 at half time. Not bad. Are you listening to the match?
  • Yep...though the commentary is fading in and out, but it sounds as though we are putting up a fight.
  • I take it that you're somewhere in Southern Germany
  • Sponsored links:

• Actually this week I'm in Southern Dorset...
  • Shouldn't you be 'NewForestReds' then?
  • Isle of Purbeck Reds would be more accurate...

Van Persie 2-1...
  • So why did you choose the name 'BlackForest'

I'm getting sick of hearing Arsenal fans singing through my speakers. It's a form of noise pollution. Can't they just shut up?
  • I live in Freiburg/south west Germany but I'm over here for a few days, part holiday and part work. Back home Tues PM.
  • Blimey, that's even worse than me! You go back to England for the week-end and don't go to the game! I'm going back next week-end. Not my choice of week-end and very unlucky I reckon.

Did you go to any World Cup matches?
  • Unfortunately I didn't get to any WC games, Freiburg wasn't one of the grounds used and though I was in the draw my name didn't get drawn out. My boss though had tickets for a match at Nuremberg, until I pointed out we were in Coventry that day...