Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Two classic away ends gone

Peterborough and Bristol City, as shown on the Football league show tonight. Good memories of both: Bristol City in particular (covered corner) which had a very low rake and i can only imagine was one of the best when full. The distinctiveness of an away end was a key feature of the classic away days of a bygone age. Doubt anything more than a bland plastic bucket will replace these so thought it worth noting their passing.

Comments

• Stood on both of those terraces over the years - RIP.
  • Peterborough and Bristol City, as shown on the Football league show tonight. Good memories of both: Bristol City in particular which had a very low rake and i can only imagine was one of the best when full. The distinctiveness of an away end was a key feature of the classic away days of a bygone age. Doubt anything more than a bland plastic bucket will replace these so thought it worth noting their passing.

I'm sure I read somewhwere Bristol council has approved "bench seating" for their away end when it's built? (maybe I dreamt it?)
  • There's still the Jimmy Seed stand. We really do spoil our visitors..............