Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Carson Incident

I hope the club ban the dirty scum bag who gobbed at Carson whilst he was laying in the goal net.

Before anyone jumps on the "prove it" bandwagon, I know what I saw and the bloke leaned over the barrier and spat on him.

Comments

• Options
    Really really disappointed to hear this. Definitely ban the twat. We don't need people like that supporting us.
  • Options
    Agree.
    Dickhead
  • Options
    Dirty bastard hope he gets a ban!
  • Options
    Dirty shitbag.
  • Options
    Complete tool, hopefully gets dealt with.
  • Options
    Always something that has to taint the day isn't there. What a first first class knob.
  • Options
    Scumbag , hope he gets nicked !
  • Options
    Didn't see that - but then I'm not right behind the goal in the Lower North and I was too busy celebrating the goal. Definitely deserves a ban for life as there is no need for that kind of behaviour anywhere, and certainly not at Charlton. Spoils a really good result. Hope CCTV picks him out.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Name and shame him!
  • Options
    Please can anyone tell me why would you do such a thing. Ban this idiot for life. And while you're at it ban the middle aged twats who were in the aisle that were gesturing to Carson after the incident.
  • Options
    Get out of our club, it will be on a camera and he'll get done.
  • Options
    What a shame that that will now be Carson's memory of our club. Was it that big fat one just to the right of the goal?
  • Options
    Agree no need for that saw Carson get up and point to his mouth and this after Carson got a good reception from the cover end at the start of the second half
  • Options
    The stewards called security over and were discussing it with them soon after the final whistle so hopefully gets sorted. Was a disgrace, particularly after the good reception between him and fans after HT
  • Options
    There is a security camara hanging from the roof of the North stand right above the goal I believe so hopefully it's on film.
  • Options
    Didn't see that, but say 4-5 leaning over the barrier to give him the wanker signs.

Such a shame. Had a great season with us, got a great reception from the North at the stArt of the second half, yet all he'll take from it was the abuse from a handful.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited August 2014

Would be good if somebody from the Club apologises officially to SC without being prompted - you cant rewind the incident but you can look to be proactive in your response.

life ban. no spitting at football. you spit on a parks game you are scum, dont bring that pikey manouvere down the Valley.
  • Options
    Disgusting behaviour. There's no place for it at Charlton, nor should there be at any other football club.

Carson's personal history with CAFC aside, you don't do that to the players. Besides, as mentioned above, how in any way shape or form is that a natural reaction to a match winning goal?! I was too busy hugging random strangers and shouting my head off..

Not to hijack the thread, but on a similar note, did anyone see the two chavvy kids run down the Jimmy Seed stand and go to throw something at Pope? It happened whilst the two wigan players were on the floor shortly after Nick came on.

Those idiots stopped when they saw the steward directly in front of them.

Behaviour like that towards the goalkeepers is completely moronic.
  • Options
    No such low-lifes in A block I'm pleased to report...................;-)
  • Options

No such low-lifes in A block I'm pleased to report...................;-)

Seconded.
  • Options
    Didn't see him spit - I was watching from the East Stand. But regardless, the way he was acting - trying to call Carson out, leaning over the barrier trying to get right up into his face deserves a ban. If that had been anywhere else, he'd have been arrested, why does he think it's acceptable just because you're in a football ground?

I know the standard defence of security guards is that they're not paid enough to get too involved, but the two guys on that gate just seemed to stand there and let it go on and on. It took a fair while for their seniors to come across and have a word.

Really really enjoyed today, but seeing all that has left a real sour taste. Carson or not, no one deserves to be spat & mightily abused on for doing their job.
  • Options
    olster said:

Carson or not, no one deserves to be spat & mightily abused on for doing their job.

To be honest, even if it was Millwalls GK, I'd like to think our fans have a bit more class than that. Sadly not though..........
  • Options

olster said:

Carson or not, no one deserves to be spat & mightily abused on for doing their job.

To be honest, even if it was Millwalls GK, I'd like to think our fans have a bit more class than that. Sadly not though..........
    That's what I meant. I saw something mentioned about abuse the colchester goalkeeper got on tuesday, are these two incidents related?
  • Options
    Even if it had been Nicky Weaver when he played for City and wound everybody up I'd still say it was absolutely disgraceful....given it was Carson who, even ignoring the CAFC connection always seems like one of the good guys it's completely out of order.