Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Virgin media

Comments

• Options
    PopIcon said:

BT/Sky broadband speeds are abysmal.

What speed are you getting mate? It all depends where you live. Most of the country has access to fibre to the cabinet meaning you won't get the speeds that a full fibre network would give you but you should comfortably be getting 70 plus met

Openreach are currently getting busy building fibre cities which is a very fast full fibre network, which is what virgin offer. It is pretty expensive to do and isn't a five minute job. It's also disruptive (roadworks, digging, you get the gist)

• Options
    Virgin launching a UHD channel tomorrow on channel 999.
  • Options
    Our package is £102 no sport/movies

But we have 4 TiVo boxes, broadband and phone (including free international calls to Australia )

Am sure will get it down when renewing next.
  • Options
    edited September 2018

My full TV package, plus Sky Sports, Super fast Broadband and line rental is up for renewal next month.
    The full cost is approx £102 pm.
    I always haggle and last year paid £88 pm.
    I saw an advert for Sky charging £62 pm for a similar deal.
    They just agreed to charge £61 pm.

Bish, bash, bosh, back of the next, well pleased with that, as we use the TV and/or broadband for about 18 hours a day on average.

Following the above I was e mailed a contract for £94 pm.
    I phoned them and explained that I wasn't going to sign a contract stating £94 pm, when I had agreed £61pm.

They explained that any agreed reductions by the retention team, could not be reflected in the contract and furthermore they couldn't send anything to confirm my agreed deal by e mail. I told them what I thought and "gave up".

The next day I thought I'm not having this and phoned again.
    I spoke to someone who explained matters a little better, but with the same outcome.
    I asked for full clarification if they weren't going to send me a correct contract and then discovered that the "deal" didn't include line rental as I had previously paid in advance for a year (value approx £240 pm).
    So my £370 saving was now looking like £130.

Once again I said I'm not paying for line rental on top, as that wasn't what I had agreed.
    She had a word with her manager and then agreed to my whole package for £61 pm.
    I asked her to confirm by e mail and she did.

The moral of the story, is don't take someones word for something. Get it in writing and don't be fobbed off and give up.
    You know what, this sums up Virgin perfectly from the customer services point of view.

Just typed the old story from 3 pages back then realised I'd told it again. I'm going senile. You're welcome.
  • Options
    Carter said:

PopIcon said:

What speed are you getting mate? It all depends where you live. Most of the country has access to fibre to the cabinet meaning you won't get the speeds that a full fibre network would give you but you should comfortably be getting 70 plus met

Openreach are currently getting busy building fibre cities which is a very fast full fibre network, which is what virgin offer. It is pretty expensive to do and isn't a five minute job. It's also disruptive (roadworks, digging, you get the gist)

Apparently I'm on the top fibre pack with BT. At anyone time, I'm running ten wireless speakers, two phones, two laptops, a printer, a TV and who knows what else. It's not unusual for me to have lags if streaming in HD. I used to have Virgin, never had any issues (until the area became over subscribed) then the whole thing stopped all together.
  • Options

I have Virgin, but I'm not drinking that rank milk.
  • Options

To go with BT Sport UHD on 555.
  • Options
    Having a real problem with shows on catch up. Playback is pixelated and really glitchy. Don't use it that often but it is a pain.
    Anyone else had it? I've got the newer TiVo box.
  • Options
    PopIcon said:

Carter said:

PopIcon said:

Apparently I'm on the top fibre pack with BT. At anyone time, I'm running ten wireless speakers, two phones, two laptops, a printer, a TV and who knows what else. It's not unusual for me to have lags if streaming in HD. I used to have Virgin, never had any issues (until the area became over subscribed) then the whole thing stopped all together.
    Best bet is to plug your laptop into the modem with an Ethernet cable and do a speedtest.

If you are on the Infinity2 76Mbps package then you should still get at least 50Mbps at peak-time which is more than enough to provide for all of the things you have listed there (many of which will be idle for most of the time anyway).

If you are getting good speeds to your modem then the chances are that buffering is being caused by your Wi-Fi so you either need to re-position your modem or, if that's not possible, buy some Wi-Fi extenders to boost the signal.

In addition, could also be that your Wi-Fi channel is overloaded so worth taking a look at that and moving to a less used channel where there is more space.

Finally, worth investing in powerline extenders to connect your smart TV rather than using Wi-Fi - will cost you around 50 quid but gets you solid 60Mbps hard-wired connection rather than Wi-Fi which can be flaky.
  • Options
    EE and Virgin Media have been fined £13.3m by Ofcom for leaving customers who quit broadband and phone contracts early "out of pocket".

The regulator said about 400,000 EE customers who ended their contracts early were over-billed and paid up to £4.3m too much as a result.

Ofcom said about 82,000 Virgin customers were overcharged by almost £2.8m. Virgin said it would appeal.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-46233110
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Doesn't surprise me. Robbing bastards!
  • Options
    Seems their TV is down nationwide at moment 
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:
    Seems their TV is down nationwide at moment 
    Yes, mine went down just before 11am. 

Cant email them or even get into my account.

Was the last straw & have just spent 30 onto Sky getting a new package with them. 

• Options
    I have just left after a terrible time with them. Sky again for me and I got a great deal from the Sky Reps in the Broadway Bexleyheath.
  • Options
    It came back around 13.15.
  • Options
    I have just left after a terrible time with them. Sky again for me and I got a great deal from the Sky Reps in the Broadway Bexleyheath.
    Me too - after almost ten years.

I've had more contact from them than I have had in all that time in the last week, with them trying to get me to stay with them. Too many lies, poor service and 'best deal we can offer' from them that changes every day.

Will be saving £50 a month with SKY with a few extra channels and Prime for two years. Virgins first offer was £5 less than I was originally paying.
  • Options
    It came back around 13.15.
    Mine is still down.
    Looks like it's happening all over so hopefully be fixed soon.
  • Options
    An update posted by the company at 1pm said "We have identified the fault and our engineers are working flat-out to fix this as quickly as possible. We are working towards having this resolved this afternoon".
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-59491387
  • Options
    clive said:
    An update posted by the company at 1pm said "We have identified the fault and our engineers are working flat-out to fix this as quickly as possible. We are working towards having this resolved this afternoon".
    Let's hope so 
    I just checked and itv4 is part of my package. 
    I'll be seriously pissed of if it's not working tomorrow evening. 
  • Options
    edited December 2021
    clive said:
    Let's hope so 
    https://www.itv.com/hub/itv4

I'm with virgin, my TV was down, but internet was fine. So you can  watch from the hub.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    clive said:
    Let's hope so 
    https://www.itv.com/hub/itv4

I'm with virgin, my TV was down, but internet was fine. So you watch from the hub.
    Cheers 👍👍
  • Options
    Back on romford but not the HD channels at moment 
  • Options
    Just BBC working here 
  • Options

Issue with TV services

(Updated at 15:30)
    Engineers are on site working to restore TV services after a major power outage.
    We are currently attempting to restore more channels. As we do this, it may mean customers temporarily lose access to previously restored channels.
    We recognise this is frustrating for customers and apologise again for the inconvenience caused. We are doing everything we can to get services back as quickly as possible.

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/outage

• Options
    edited December 2021
    About the only time I'm pleased that Amazon Prime have the football. Can watch Tottenham or Arsenal tonight without the fear of Virgin shutting down again. 
  • Options
    About the only time I'm pleased that Amazon Prime have the football. Can watch Tottenham or Arsenal tonight without the fear of Virgin shutting down again. 
    Except when the  broadband goes down.
  • Options

Issue with TV services

(Updated at 18:00)

We’re continuing work to restore TV services for all customers.

We are aware that TiVo and V6 customers are currently unable to access apps on their TV box. For anyone trying to watch the Premier League games this evening, they can watch on any other device using their WiFi via the Amazon Prime mobile app.

• Options
    All my channels are back now in Charlton
  • Options
    Virgin media is variable, unreliable & abysmal generally, particularly as it is not cheap, particularly if you are not a new customer. Check TrustPilot. If you have a choice use another provider. 
  • Options

Issue with TV services

(Updated at 19:30)

V6 customers wishing to watch the Premier League games this evening on Amazon Prime should go to channel 205 and press the red button.

V6 customers can access Netflix by pressing the red button on channel 204.

TV360 customers can access their apps as usual.

We once again sincerely apologise to our customers for any frustration caused today. Our teams are working into the evening to fix services as soon as possible.