Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Virgin media

Comments

• Options
    I joined Virgin 4 years ago, mainly for the broadband. I'm on 150meg and usually I'm hitting 100+, so happy with that.

They actually rang me last month to ask if I wanted to upgrade my TV package from the minimum (don't watch too much, as I tend to just watch netflix) to the large pack, which includes BT sports. The price difference? 50p a month less than I was paying................
  • Options

Virgin do tv anywhere also a different app for sky movies and sky sports now.

TV Anywhere is only via WiFi connection (via phone) isn't it & only certain channels? The new Sky apps with Virgin work over 3/4G but currently only on Apple, not Android.

• Options
    Opted for virgin in the end. Seems ok but f*** me is the guide/planner hard work!
    Know I'm new to it ,but it's taken me 10 minutes to do something that would've taken 30seconds on sky!
  • Options
  • Options

Opted for virgin in the end. Seems ok but f*** me is the guide/planner hard work!
    Know I'm new to it ,but it's taken me 10 minutes to do something that would've taken 30seconds on sky!

Press guide.
    Then channel up or down moves to next or previous page.
    Left and right moves along the time.

Done.
  • Options

Virgin planner is better ... can go back a few days as well
  • Options
    Hate virgin can't get fuck all right the staff are as thick as shit the service they provide is wank
  • Options

Hate virgin can't get fuck all right the staff are as thick as shit the service they provide is wank

I've experienced the complete opposite. True comment, not a wind up.
  • Options

Where were you when I started this thread the other week? :-(

• Options
    They came to my house and didn't bring any hdmi leads

They couldn't get wifi to work in the house

It was always another department that had to fix it

They told sky I was leaving when I had only enquired they had requested from sky my phone number

Virgin bstds will never use them
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    MrOneLung said:

Press guide.

Done.
    Bugbear 1. You go to home, move across to sports and select a sport channel. Fine. Whilst watching said sports channel you decide that you want to have a look what is on other channels,not just sport. Press 'select' and a mini guide pops up.Fine. Problem is you can only skim through sports channels. You then have to go back 'Home' and select 'all channels' to look at anything other than sport!

This is already a royal pain in the arse for me.

On the plus side. Netflix looks alright

(What have I become? I still remember Betamax and Remote controls on a wire!!)

• Options
    Don't go into subsets. whilst you are watching sky sports news and wanna see what is on main traditional channels just press guide and enter 101 and takes you to start of channel listings.
  • Options
    Having it installed today, geezers here now - fingers crossed.
  • Options

Having it installed today, geezers here now - fingers crossed.

Usually legs crossed with Virgins.
  • Options
    Been with virgin twice before and never had a problem.

Had it reinstalled last week. XL TV, 150mb broadband and phone £50 a month.

Just rung up to add the sky sports season pass for £150. Works out only 15 a month for all the sports channels.

Bargain
  • Options
    Never had a problem with Virgin but Sky TV is just a lot better in my opinion. When I left Virgin to go back to Sky I managed to get a good deal out of Virgin to keep the phone and broadband for the same price that I would be paying Sky as part of their package. So now I get Sky TV and Virgin phone and broadband for about £50 in total.
  • Options
    Bugbear 2

On playback you can't punch in the minute you want to go to. Instead you have to fast forward in lumps. Annoying
  • Options
    Yeah that is one.
  • Options
    In answer to Bugbear 1

When you do the above. You will notice it has a pic of the blue button and sports next to it.

Press the blue button. Select all channels.
    Solved
  • Options
    edited August 2014

MrOneLung said:

Press guide.

Done.
    Bugbear 1. You go to home, move across to sports and select a sport channel. Fine. Whilst watching said sports channel you decide that you want to have a look what is on other channels,not just sport. Press 'select' and a mini guide pops up.Fine. Problem is you can only skim through sports channels. You then have to go back 'Home' and select 'all channels' to look at anything other than sport!

Virgin are awful if you get internet problems, customer service are terrible, they are great at sales but when you really need them they are dire, mate across the road had major issues with them, they even had the cheek to say to him that he'll be back when he did cut ties.

I'm with sky, I've got every channel for 35 quid a month because I got a deal as if I'm a new member, (they are ways around it trust me) when it expires I then expire and start over again ;)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

MrOneLung said:

Press guide.

Done.

Odd that because whatever channel I'm on, I just press the up or down arrow and up pops the mini guide and I can scroll through any channel. Found it much more usable than Sky.
  • Options
    ' scroll back through 7 days of progammes ' was another selling point.

So you scroll back through your planner and find programmes with the little 'c'. Silly me thinking you'd be able to just push ok and the selected program would start. No. Watch from catch up on demand. Then back to another load of lists to trawl through to the programme you can no longer be bothered to watch anymore.

Who invented this shower of s+**? Bez from the happy Mondays?

• Options

So you scroll back through your planner and find programmes with the little 'c'. Silly me thinking you'd be able to just push ok and the selected program would start. No. Watch from catch up on demand. Then back to another load of lists to trawl through to the programme you can no longer be bothered to watch anymore.

When you press OK on the "Watch from Catch up ....." it plays straight away.
  • Options

Blimey carly. I'd hate to think how you'd cope with a real problem in your life :-)
    Cheer up mate, life could be worse than scrolling for TV shows to watch :-)
  • Options
    Yet again (last of countless times was 10 days ago) no broadband or TV all day until 3.30. An engineer visit arranged, then cancelled by text...yet again...that is my experience of Virgin. The service goes down about every 10 days to two weeks.
    maybe other providers are worse, I wouldn't know, but for me Virgin have been absolutely awful.
  • Options
    BT are pretty solid. I'm switching to them when my current contract runs out.
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:

BT are pretty solid. I'm switching to them when my current contract runs out.

Just so you know - primarily got rid of BT as they cannot supply SSN.
  • Options
    seth plum said:

Yet again (last of countless times was 10 days ago) no broadband or TV all day until 3.30. An engineer visit arranged, then cancelled by text...yet again...that is my experience of Virgin. The service goes down about every 10 days to two weeks.
    maybe other providers are worse, I wouldn't know, but for me Virgin have been absolutely awful.

Bizarre. My service in Bromley may go down for a couple of hours, say once a year, at a complete guess, ie very rare.
    Surely, there must be an ongoing local issue in the area or with your equipment ?
    This is obviously not normal.
  • Options

seth plum said:

Bizarre. My service in Bromley may go down for a couple of hours, say once a year, at a complete guess, ie very rare.
    Surely, there must be an ongoing local issue in the area or with your equipment ?
    This is obviously not normal.
    If in the Eltham area we had a bloke come over to look at the equipment and he basically said that theres a known issue in the area and has been for a while. Basically too many people are on the system/network or whatever, and this means just one person going on it somewhere can mean it goes down for a while. Can ring them up and ask to leave and tell them you know of the area issue and that they cant provide the service youre paying for and theyll give you money off.

Bloke was really open about it and said there was nothing he could do as they simply need to upgrade the system which they should be doing now, but he said the work isn't being done and probably won't be for a while.
  • Options

Blimey carly. I'd hate to think how you'd cope with a real problem in your life :-)
    Cheer up mate, life could be worse than scrolling for TV shows to watch :-)
    Lol. Ignore me. I'm just pissed off that I can't get babestation anymore ;-(