Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Andy delort (This saga is all over - or is it???)

Comments

• To the Pink Panther tune

Delort Delort Delort Delort Delort Delort Delort.....
  • Thank god I clicked the link first!

• "Delboy", right?
  • edited August 2014
    markmc68 said:

He scores goals delort
    He scores goals
    He scores goals delort
    He scores goals
    Andy delort he scores goals

you got the last line wrong

He scores goals
    He scores goals delort
    He scores goals
    But not for Charlton delort
  • "Andy Delort accepte de sexprimer"
    Are we offering him inducements now?
  • Drag me off into the internet to listen to that! It's lucky the results are okay right now or I!d have flagged it for sheer disappointment.
  • I have no idea of how good he is, but if the facebook words are his, I have little doubt that he thinks he is heading for better places than the Championship and perhaps Charlton? The words suggest that he wants to use us as a stepping stone. I guess that we will have to live with that if he does a good job for us and we get a good return for when he moves on.
    See not even got him and I want to talk about selling him. Does that get me in the clique?
  • Sponsored links:

• I like that he has ambition personally. We'll always be a selling club and if we were at the top of the chain, we wouldn't be looking at players like Delort anyway.
  • @CapturedFL72: Rumours that Tours have agreed a Fee around £2.4M for Striker Andy Delort #CAFC
  • I don't like the fact it appears he is using us as a stepping stone.

Peeters said he only wants players who want to be here, this guy appears to be using us from what he is saying

Peeters said he only wants players who want to be here, this guy appears to be using us from what he is saying

He wants to come here to help us into the Premier league, then if we get a good fee for him, he is welcome to try his luck elsewhere

It's not because he sees us as a stepping stone that he doesn't want to be here?
    In fact, if you read the article (and not the google translate version of it), you will see that he doesn't even suggest that he will use us as a stepping stone
    https://andydelort.wordpress.com/2014/08/21/a-delort-enchante-de-retrouver-ajaccio/
  • Weird, of course Delort wants to be here, play for us and perform for us.

Hypothetically, if he had a good season and a Premier League club came in for him next summer with a £10m offer then good luck to the guy.
  • Sponsored links:

• Joeri said:

I don't like the fact it appears he is using us as a stepping stone.

It's not because he sees us as a stepping stone that he doesn't want to be here?
    In fact, if you read the article (and not the google translate version of it), you will see that he doesn't even suggest that he will use us as a stepping stone
    https://andydelort.wordpress.com/2014/08/21/a-delort-enchante-de-retrouver-ajaccio/
    He says on his blog that he's already agreed to sign for Charlton and the clubs are in the process of finalising the deal.

He's well aware that we are a second flight club and says it's his dream to play in England.

Do you really think the players we have now want to spend their whole career at Charlton?

I couldn't care if he has dreams to play for a bigger club as long as he treats our club with respect while he is here and plays well if we sign him.
    Johnnie Jackson?
  • I can't remember players being so vocal on social media before a deal has been announced, makes me think his twitter account or whatever is a Millwall fan on a wind up mission?

Do you really think the players we have now want to spend their whole career at Charlton?

I couldn't care if he has dreams to play for a bigger club as long as he treats our club with respect while he is here and plays well if we sign him.
    Johnnie Jackson?
    I more meant the younger ones mate, although I do think JJ would prefer to be playing for Arsenal seeing as he's an Arsenal fan?...the point is most players who will join us and are already playing for us will want to be playing elsewhere ultimately. I don't mind that though as long as they put in 100% while they are here and respect the club.

Johnnie Jackson?
    I more meant the younger ones mate, although I do think JJ would prefer to be playing for Arsenal seeing as he's an Arsenal fan?...the point is most players who will join us and are already playing for us will want to be playing elsewhere ultimately. I don't mind that though as long as they put in 100% while they are here and respect the club.
    I didn't know that Jacko's an Arsenal fan?

He didn't have any problems coming through the ranks at Tottenham, though.
  • edited August 2014
    JJ is a big Arsenal fan, has tweeted things that suggest as much a few times over the years.
  • I can't remember players being so vocal on social media before a deal has been announced, makes me think his twitter account or whatever is a Millwall fan on a wind up mission?

It'll be his agent.

I'm sure that in most cases agents actually run players' Twitter accounts. Joey Barton would be an exception. Perhaps he should rethink that..
  • JJ is a big Arsenal fan, has tweeted things that suggest as much a few times over the years.

True but I'm confident they've got just about enough midfielders and with just 9 days left of the transfer window I'm confident we can hang on to JJ and prevent Wenger from getting his way.

It'll be his agent.

I'm sure that in most cases agents actually run players' Twitter accounts. Joey Barton would be an exception. Perhaps he should rethink that..
    I can assure you that's not true. Most players run their own twitter accounts, save for the superstars.
  • Today's the Day I can feel it.