Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Four four two

442 have Charlton as finishing 23rd above Blackpool.
Although they do acknowledge that they very rarely get Charlton right.

Comments

• 442 have Charlton as finishing 23rd above Blackpool.
    Although they do acknowledge that they very rarely get Charlton right.

Was it 442 that predicted we'd come very low down the year we won League One ?

To be honest these "prediction" things that every magazine/newspaper/random website produces at this time of year are always going to be complete guesswork based on whether or not the journo has heard of any of the players you've signed and whether you've kept/lost lots of your squad from last year. I wouldn't take any of them particularly seriously.
  • Championship is the hardest 'major' league to predict of them all. Some on here think things will not go as planned, others think we're in for a treat. Nobody knows.

Still think FourFourTwo is a great read.
  • edited August 2014
    All of the predictions and bookies have us in the bottom six, ie a repeat of last season. We know we've released 20+ players and signed 10 new ones + we have Gomez and Fox coming through. Try transfermarkt for a rough idea of the Championship - last time I looked we were 14th and a long way above the bottom six in terms of squad valuation... We are also a long way from Derby and the top six before anyone gets carried away!
  • Our squad on paper (Ambrose, Hollands, Shelvey, Hudson etc) should never have finished 24th in the Championship in 2008...
  • Tip us to finish 23rd, fine.

But at least work out we play at The Valley, not Valley Parade.

Just read it. Sloppy.
  • I think 442 needs to change their prediction pundit, only 1 of the top 6 and one of the 3 relegated teams were right.

They're just as clueless as the rest of us.
  • Talal said:

Close with Wigan as well.

And Brentford
  • Sponsored links:

• 2 in the top 10!
  • In truth, my prediction league wouldn't have looked a lot different from theirs' last summer.
  • Unlucky lads !
  • All of the predictions and bookies have us in the bottom six, ie a repeat of last season. We know we've released 20+ players and signed 10 new ones + we have Gomez and Fox coming through. Try transfermarkt for a rough idea of the Championship - last time I looked we were 14th and a long way above the bottom six in terms of squad valuation... We are also a long way from Derby and the top six before anyone gets carried away!

I know you got a lot of stick for this approach, but do you happen to have the ratings at the start of the season for all the clubs in the Championship? I'd expect Wigan and Bournemouth were way off the final league positions, but wonder about the others.
  • Give 442 some credit, they got some key clubs about right, like Huddersfield and Rotherham.

Wigan fans must be hoping they predict them to finish bottom of league 1 next year.
  • MK Dons, Wolves and Bolton to be relegated then.

Preston, Forest, Derby, QPR, Rotherham and Blackburn to be top six.
  • Based on last season:

Top 6:
    Preston
    Forest
    Derby
    QPR
    Rotherham
    Blackburn

Bottom 3:
    Bolton
    Wolves
    Mk Franchise

We will finish 13th
  • Sponsored links:

• edited August 2015
    Have you seen Preston and Bristol City squads? Absolute dog poo. We have probably got more transfer value in one of our centre back purchases than their whole starting elevens! Massively overhyped here.

And Wolves are massively weaker. Lost Sako, McDonald is on his way and haven't bought anyone in of real note. Their own fans are slitting their wrists on their forums.

As others have said, 16th is actually good for out prediction based on previous years!
  • I can't believe 442's top 6 predictions for last season.
  • I also can't believe they think we're going to finish in a worse position this season than last, when we know we've clearly got a better team, really does show they haven't got a clue... Bit like the rest of us.
  • What do people see in Brentford???

Won't be the same side without Warburton.
  • When they appointed Jackett, I told a Wolves mate he would get them promoted to the Premier League within 3 seasons, so spot on prediction from FourFourTwo
  • Wolves haven't strengthened at all. I can't see them doing better than they did last season.
  • edited August 2015
    They've got Leeds completely wrong
  • I think Leeds will go up
  • I think Leeds will go up

Your nuts Leeds are shit
  • Nicholas said:

I think Leeds will go up

Your nuts Leeds are shit
    I was thinking the same, but lol'd it instead.