Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton e-mail list

edited September 2006 in General Charlton
Poll:

Is it:

A/ An extremely useful communication tool through which I can bond with my fellow addicks and glean the latest CAFC news?
B/ Full of self important boring toss bags who should be dumped and left in Selhurst Park?
C/ A&B are too extreme for me, so something lame and nearer to the middle?

B for me.

Comments

• its certainly less A than it was years ago. Some people beggar belief, but B is a little too extreme for me.
  • B
    i didnt know you were a subscriber... aint it painful but i can bring myself to unsubscribe.

theres some right windbags on there... more than on here.

and its a nightmare when you forget to unsubscribe and go on holiday for two weeks... carnage.
  • WTF is the charlton email list?
  • defo B

been on there for years, but it does my head in with some of the crap they spout, can't bring myself to unsubscribe either tho! only pick out emails to read if the subject looks tasty or if there have been tons of quick replies which normally means riscardo has been sarcastic to one of them and they've all got in a hissy fit :-)
  • [cite] suzisausage:[/cite]defo B

been on there for years, but it does my head in with some of the crap they spout, can't bring myself to unsubscribe either tho! only pick out emails to read if the subject looks tasty or if there have been tons of quick replies which normally means riscardo has been sarcastic to one of them and they've all got in a hissy fit :-)

Dont make any sense, is it a forum or a list?

I am confused! (again)
  • Curb-it - I re subscribed again recently but havent bothered posting. Before all the message boards it was excellent and the first electronic CAFC community. But now it seems to be 2 or 3 wind bags banging on about the price of tickets.

04-MCS - Its what it says really on the packet really. Discussions are through a set e-mail list to which people subscribe. You can come back to work after a weeks leave and have 500 messages.
  • Prices of Tickets at Charlton, they gotta be joking surely ?
  • Thanks 1905, it still seems a little confusing, prapps i am having one of my many (strawberry) blonde moments!
  • its like a big group email essentially. you email one address and 100 people get it.
    when you reply your reply goes to everyone etc etc, so the conversation goes on.
    just like a group email to your mates. just with more people. and charlton as the topic!
  • AH, i got it, the reference to group emails to my mates done it, me, Mortain (where is he??) and our yid mate have these!

Cheers Suz, now i am not in the dark.
  • Sponsored links:

• [cite] 04_MCS:[/cite]WTF is the charlton email list?

never seen it either,think it would do my head in.
  • you really aren't mssing out on anything...
  • I get the digest to avoid in-box overload and brain explode. Other than Rick's always well thought out arguements and Rothko's attacks on Colin Sams not really what it was.

And have you noticed that in the last few days the number of messages is right down.
  • is that cos ric is on holiday? :-)
  • I get the digest too, but it goes straight from my inbox and into it's own folder automatically. I can't stomach reading it, but keep it on just in case something happens (then I can look it up: how sad?).

In my opinion, an email list may have been logical in the past, but the tech isn't really conducive to good discussions anymore. Plus, with the digest, you get a mess of new comments and replies rolled into one, with everyone's corporate disclaimer every so often. When someone replies you get lines and lines of repeated text, which my email programme puts in different colours. It's just a headache. You have to hunt for what you want to read. Forums are the way forward, obviously.

Mind, for some of them on there, it's the perfect place for them! Long live the email list!
  • B without a doubt. Although the odd nugget can be picked up from it, every few weeks or so.

Gmail is a good way to subscribe to it, mind, because of the way it turns e-mails into threads.
  • B...Absolutely. Rarely contribute but don't really want to unsubscribe because I frightened I might miss out on something.