Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Sailor Brown ( more photos added)

2»

Comments

• T.C.E said:

T.C.E said:

The cup final medal.

which final? '46 or '44?
    I've just read the message again, it says and pictures of cup final medals. I got the impression it was front and back of one medal, but it could be of two? I'll ask later. ;)

Thanks,

It doesn't look the same as the 47 Medal but as Stig said they got two in '46.

Would love to have copies of all these in the museum.
    cafc-west said:

Exceptional pictures of a previous football age. Many thanks to those posting

Couldn't agree more. Fantastic. Can't help but feel these days are long gone. Playing for the team, loyalty and passion. Just all too commercial now (actually like most things). Players have become commodities.
    players were much more commodities then than now. They could be sold or retained without having any say in it. Sailor Brown didn't get on with Jimmy Seed as he blocked his move to Villa.

Not knocking Sailor at all but things weren't all sweetness and light in the "good old days".
  • It's the runners up medal v Derby County.image
  • More photos.........imageimageimageimage
  • Those pics are a treasure that should never be lost

Wow
  • SHG, Where is all this stuff being kept?
  • SHG?
    I'm in contact with Sailor Browns daughter Henry. ;)
  • Sailor Brown's daughter is not called Henry! ;)

• T.C.E said:

SHG?

Yes, but is it all her's and where in the country is it? At some point I'd like to get it all photographed and recorded.
  • T.C.E said:

SHG?

Too many bloody initials, why can't people just use their real names as I do : - )
  • Sponsored links:

• Do you know Inverness?
    Well she's north of there. :)
    Don't worry, the museum has been mentioned ;) we only just got chatting a few days back when I found out Id known (to speak too) Sailors daughter for a couple of years via our dogs.
  • T.C.E said:

Do you know Inverness?
    Well she's north of there. :)
    Don't worry, the museum has been mentioned ;) we only just got chatting a few days back when I found out Id known (to speak too) Sailors daughter for a couple of years via our dogs.

That's OK, I'll send Weegie around : - )

Of course she will want to keep the stuff and some, like the medals are very valuable but one day, one day we'll have a Charlton version of this http://www.evertoncollection.org.uk/home and those photos or better versions would be ideal in there.
  • Isn't Weegie in Glasgow? Lol (just down the road then!)
  • T.C.E said:

Isn't Weegie in Glasgow? Lol (just down the road then!)

Closer than Bromley!
  • Henry you are not allowed to exhibit a Charlton programme that says Notts Forest !

PS Who says you can't say Notts Forest ? When did this rule come in ? Presumably after 1945 ?
  • Henry you are not allowed to exhibit a Charlton programme that says Notts Forest !

PS Who says you can't say Notts Forest ? When did this rule come in ? Presumably after 1945 ?

Nottm Forest fans

That was the programme, not the OS, so you can't believe them : - )
  • Brilliant
  • It would have been Sailor's birthday today.
  • cafc-west said:

Exceptional pictures of a previous football age. Many thanks to those posting

Couldn't agree more. Fantastic. Can't help but feel these days are long gone. Playing for the team, loyalty and passion. Just all too commercial now (actually like most things). Players have become commodities.
    Players were commodities far more in the days of the maximum wage and their registration being retained by the club even after their contract expired.
  • It's the runners up medal v Derby County.image

It does says 'ADDICKS' on there, doesn't it?
  • Sponsored links:

• An absolute gentleman, was a privilege to have met him.